Good Afternoon Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Afternoon Oh Kee Pa

Postby goldphish » Sat May 12, 2012 8:35 pm

^bwaha.. men never exaggerate the umm... size of things. Good to have a woman put things into perspective.
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby kcrock » Sun May 13, 2012 10:23 pm

willbreathes wrote:
Sorry to hear that, but now you can full focus on some Phish!

thanks! hell yeah...i just wish i could get paid to go on tour with the fellas! but then again, don't we all??!! :D
kcrock

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby the dooj » Sun May 13, 2012 10:49 pm

^Much crazier things have happened. If you're serious, give it a shot!
"The good outnumber you, and we always will."
the dooj

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby kcrock » Mon May 14, 2012 10:49 pm

dooj of life wrote:^Much crazier things have happened. If you're serious, give it a shot!

but don't i have to land that great "job?"......
kcrock

Postby the dooj » Tue May 15, 2012 1:54 am

^Working for Phish is definitely a great job.
the dooj

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue May 15, 2012 1:56 am

^^... The people who do the whole tour generate their money while on the tour, vending in lots mainly. I've seen it happen. I helped someone sell cigarettes once just cuz we were hanging out, and tell you what: it made me question why I never vend. Tickets ain't cheap!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby AsianGirl » Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 am

hosemasterflex wrote: I've seen it happen. I helped someone sell cigarettes once just cuz we were hanging out...

Hee hee I love selling smokes in the lot! It's a great way to make some spending cash, and other vendors / folks on the lot tend to make you some nice deals, or approach you with 'special' deals. On a good day I can make enough to cover BOTH my tickets and the hotel room. Win-Win!!

And Kev, you're a natural at vending, btw ;P
*Everything from now on is all Gravy*
AsianGirl

Postby ladyphish » Tue May 15, 2012 5:24 pm

I've always intened to vend, but never quite got myself in gear to do it. Maybe some day.

Afternoon, all.

Is it really only Tuesday? Feels like Thursday to me, but perhaps that's just wishful thinking :-)

It's been a back-breaking day already. I'm not supposed to lift more than 20 or 30 lbs, but I broke that rule big time today. I had to x-ray a lady in her home that had a couple of stairs and no ramp...which means I had to lift my 200 plus lb x-ray machine up and down 2 steps. Probably not the best decision in my condition, but there wasn't really any way around it. It's not like my 85 year old patient could lend a hand. Hopefully I can take it easier for the rest of the day because I haven't felt so great ever since.

Anywho, have a good one, all!
Peas
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby the dooj » Tue May 15, 2012 5:29 pm

^Damn. Hope that feels better soon.

And, for the record.... I meant actually working for Phish. Like, you know, as a roadie or in management or PR or whatever.... but yeah.... you could vend, too. :mrgreen:
the dooj

Postby phishinsky » Tue May 15, 2012 6:45 pm

'Afternoon pholks!

Working and stressing.

G'day now...
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby delayloop » Tue May 15, 2012 9:24 pm

35 minutes left.

I've got champagne and oysters on the agenda tonight to help celebrate my girl getting her master's degree in music ed.

Hoping for a nice evening :)
Southern Phish
delayloop

Postby kcrock » Wed May 16, 2012 4:35 pm

^dooj....how would i go about getting into say PR? that would be the best thing ever! and as far as vending goes, how does just selling bottle waters go? i would def do that.

^^congrats to your girl. enjoy your champagne and oysters!

^^^ladyphish (peas)....take it easy :D
kcrock

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu May 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Good afternoon, All Ye!

I might have to vend man, shit, right? Eric you reading this? What're we gonna sell?

^^masters in music ed = :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: ... wait, this is the person seeing Phish for the first time on 7/8? I'd love to hear her take on the band from a musical standpoint. First show, sheeeeeiiiiiit.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ladyphish » Thu May 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Good afternoon to ya!

Been a steady day. Just getting back to the office for the first time since 9 a.m. My kinda day for sure.

The weather's been great here too. It rained some over the weekend and the beginning of the week, but it's going to be mid 70's for the foreseeable future. Holt and I are going to do some camping this weekend after we get the house ready for our final open house before we kick the real estate agent to the curb. I'm looking forward to cooking a big dinner, sleeping outside, cooking breakfast, and then hiking the trail that criss crosses the river all day on Sunday :clap:

Hope you're enjoying your Thursday's!
Peas
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby ladyphish » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:37 pm

::tips hat::
Afternoon.

It's been a looooong day so far. I haven't done any x-rays all day and I'm BORED. I ran home to fix a little lunch and now I'm wasting some time on ye ol' interwebs.

On a completely unrelated note, my house smells like fresh peaches, yummy. I bought some at the farmers market over the weekend and the aroma is wonderful. I just made a peach cobbler a couple of weeks ago, so I don't want to do that again. I'm thinking of grilling some for dessert tonight to serve with a scoop of icecream and perhaps a slight drizzle of honey. I was reading this article earlier about grilling fuit and veggies, so I'm sort of inspired to get in the kitchen and play. I haven't cooked nearly as often the past few months as I used to. I'm always so tired when I get home I just say fuck it. But I really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. For some reason, I can't wait to get home and get in the kitchen tonight.

Hope you are all enjoying the solstice!
Peas~
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby ladyphish » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:25 pm

I love a lazy Sunday afternoon...and I definitely earned one!

I was a busy little hostess all weekend with Holt's brother, his wife, and their friend in town for the big Bele Chere festival. I spent most of this weekend cooking and cleaning up, but still found it quite enjoyable and completely fulfilling. I must be insane, lol. Wasn't really interested in going downtown, so I stayed behind and kept everything ship shape. Usually when company leaves, I have a huge shit storm to clean up, but I was so on top of everything that all I had to do this time was wash their bedding and the towels they used this morning. Clean as you go, what a novel concept!

The plan has always been to morph the guest room into Piper's nursery after having company this weekend. But now I'm struggling with whether or not to proceed at this point. I'm 6 months into this ride, but I have this lingering thought that it could all still come undone. I'm sure it stems from our previous miscarriage a few years ago...although that one happened in the first 2 or 3 months. My neighbor actually went into unstoppable, pre-term labor with her 2nd pregnancy a couple of years ago...and around the 6th month mark too. Obviously, the baby didn't survive. I think about that alot and can't help but feel like it would be bad luck to work on the nursery too soon. I mean, how sad would it be to have to turn the nursery back into the guest room, ya know?

Other than that, I'm enjoying my solitude, my clean house, and a huge sense of accomplishment and satisfaction :-) Have a great Sunday everybody!
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Dudes. Good afternoon. I'm in this space today where I really can't deal with the world and it's people. Maybe I can. I don't want to though. Some days you just can't reconcile the whole "love the people" mission thing, with the whole "people are capable of terrible shit and are destroying everything all the fucking time" thing.

I'm not bummed out exactly. Just not focused on anything, kinda drifting along today. Tired of my frustrations, I'm sure you're tired of yours, right? I kinda just don't care no mo', ri' na.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby goldphish » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:37 pm

^sounds like time to forget life for a while and wind down with a good movie. Tron:Legacy might be crappy to most but I thought it was great fun. Esp the 2nd time around as it took me two viewings to appreciate it. Maybe you could do a Tron-a-thon and watch both. or how about the Animallympics, remember those? done by the same guys who did Tron.
watch atleast the first 30 sec to see the original Tron:
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Postby goldphish » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:44 pm

^post brought to you by the letters T-R-O-N.
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Postby the dooj » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 pm

hosemasterflex wrote:Dudes. Good afternoon. I'm in this space today where I really can't deal with the world and it's people. Maybe I can. I don't want to though. Some days you just can't reconcile the whole "love the people" mission thing, with the whole "people are capable of terrible shit and are destroying everything all the fucking time" thing.

I'm not bummed out exactly. Just not focused on anything, kinda drifting along today. Tired of my frustrations, I'm sure you're tired of yours, right? I kinda just don't care no mo', ri' na.

Yousaiditbetterthanme.
the dooj

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:13 am

^Yeah I think we were on a similar vibe yesterday dooj, the news doesn't ever seem to help neither ... Chick Fil-A and Colorado & Wisconsin, and all the dumb rhetoric that goes with that.

^^TRON! I never got into Tron, but I do enjoy a good Hamp'tron misspelling. I just watched that first thirty seconds and realized what a great disc golfer that dude must be.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Brother » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:29 pm

GAOKP,

I have work off so to celebrate 'm going to the dentist today for some fillings. I guess those late night ice cream munches have caught up with my teeth. Gotta floss guys. Luckily, I really like this dentist. He came to my grandfather's funeral AND he listens to a bad ass pandora station. Traffic and Creedence sounding stuff.

Today is also my youngest sister's birthday. Happy birthday to her, and a great day to all of you.
Brother

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Afternoon!

^Sounds like a GREAT plan, I might take a clue from that and leave early to see if anyone can give me a root canal and/or a lobotomy. Hell I should just schedule a vacation and volunteer for jury duty on an impossible case.

Second day in a row that I have an open evening with which to disc golf, but I don't think I'm going; boring reasons though.

Okay, how come I never seem to have a beer on my desk here at work. :problem:
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby goldphish » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Never got into TRON?
practicing disc golf:
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Postby willbreathes » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Tron while incredibly cheesy and dated, is actually a pretty good movie. Tron Legacy is a big pile of crap however.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion