Game of Thrones Thread (Holy F**king Dragons Edition)

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Game of Thrones Thread (Holy F**king Dragons Edition)

Postby willbreathes » Fri May 04, 2012 3:10 am

Forrest Gump was a realistic character in the movie?
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby El Bastarde » Fri May 04, 2012 2:23 pm

^Compared to the character in the book, yes.

By the way, that Throne of Thorns is like the coolest throne ever.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Tue May 22, 2012 5:10 am

Some what of a slow episode... but the boys not being crisped up is good times, kinda saw that coming though. Ignored a lot of characters, but the north of the wall girl is super sexy. And I see the Stark girl being a major hero at some point, or at least a major plot point.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby goldenroad » Tue May 22, 2012 5:07 pm

What happened to the demon thing that chick gave birth to? I thought that was going to be the basis for the rest of the season, if not the whole series. Why have they not brought that thing up again since? "One game at a time" I guess.

It's funny how much I've grown to really love the Lannisters and don't really wish for their downfall as much as I did by the end of season 1. I mean Jamie and Tyrion are just good dudes, aside from the incest and whores and pushing kids out of windows and what have you. I wonder if they'll end up killing off Jamie. They are really starting to develop his character beyond the whole two-dimensional King slaying incestor that we originally thought of him as.

I really like where they have taken the character of Theon too, but answer me this; does Theon know that those two kids aren't the Stark kids? I don't want a direct answer from people who read the books as much as I just want your speculation. Is he actually not the huge piece of shit that they've made him out to be over the last few episodes, or is he really proud of himself for killing a couple of children? He has to know that's not them hanging there, right?

The funny thing about this season, and maybe this series as a whole, is that not every episode is really "great" in it's own right, but the story they are telling as a whole, and they way they are telling it is absolutely amazing. It's not like every episode needs to be filled with action or huge plot twists at every moment because you know it is all building to something bigger, and it makes those moments so much more rewarding when you get there.

BTW, Rob Stark's new lady is a total fox. You know something bad is going to happen to her.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby AsianGirl » Wed May 23, 2012 2:36 am

goldenroad wrote:What happened to the demon thing that chick gave birth to?
does Theon know that those two kids aren't the Stark kids?

I thought the Black Smoke thing did its job when it killed Renly Baratheon. It would be kewl to see it come back, but my conclusion is that she gave birth to it for the soul purpose of killing the dude.

Pretty sure Theon killed the kids because he wanted to 'be a man' and show everyone that he was able to find the Stark boys and hardcore enough to kill them (though in reality failing at both). Since he wasn't able to find them, he strung up the farmer boys in attempt to hide his failure (and in exchange exposed his weakness and smallness further). He lived with the Starks for years so he definitely knows what those Stark boys look like. I have a feeling Theon's death will be a spectacular one. (between Theon and Joffrey I wonder whose death will be more gruesome)

And regarding the Lannisters ... I still favor Tyrion, of course. He's the only smart one of the lot, besides his dad. Arya is my favorite Stark; she tough as nails, resourceful, can fight, and is adaptable (much harder core than her lame sister Sansa).
*Everything from now on is all Gravy*
AsianGirl

Postby goldenroad » Thu May 24, 2012 11:30 pm

I hope Sansa dies a more gruesome death than Theon or Joffrey. Bitch is way worse of a traitor imho.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby AsianGirl » Fri May 25, 2012 1:10 am

^ I dunno about Sansa being a traitor. She's just lame and doesn't have a backbone so she recites the "I love King Joffrey with all my heart" crap to try and stay alive. She's too weak to attempt escape, or do anything else besides being a prisoner of the Lannisters.

Look at Arya, who went from being a prisoner (essentially on death row when the interrogator / torturer dude was killing one of them everyday) to getting someone to kill 3 people for her and using that to escape the Lannister camp (or wherever she was at).

I am pretty excited to see who dies this week.
AsianGirl

Postby goldenroad » Fri May 25, 2012 3:52 am

AsianGirlPYK wrote:^ I dunno about Sansa being a traitor. She's just lame and doesn't have a backbone so she recites the "I love King Joffrey with all my heart" crap to try and stay alive. She's too weak to attempt escape, or do anything else besides being a prisoner of the Lannisters.

She only does that now though after selling out her old man at the end of season 1. She probably could have chosen to not get involved with Joffrey at all and Ned could have gotten her out of it. She turned her back on her family, and that took some strength, though not in the right way. She's not as evil as Joffrey or Theon by any means, but at least they are somewhat entertaining characters.

I think we'll definitely see a lot of blood shed this week. Those ships have got to be getting close.

And I really want to see inside the house of the undying already.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby Katiemay » Sat May 26, 2012 4:06 pm

I just started watching this show last night. Watched the first 2 episodes and, luckily for me, all of season 1 and the first 8 episodes of season 2 are on demand! I'm pretty hooked. I obviously can't go into any story discussion and won't read the rest of this thread til I've caught up, so for now I'll just say that the opening credits are way cool.
Katiemay

Postby AsianGirl » Sat May 26, 2012 6:39 pm

^ They won an Emmy for that opening credit, which I dig as well.
AsianGirl

Postby Katiemay » Sun May 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Watched 3 more last night. Enthralled. This is the way an epic book series should be made into a viewable format. None of the restriction of a 2-3 hour movie budget.
Katiemay

Postby willbreathes » Tue May 29, 2012 4:33 am

Amazing battle episode. The Hound took an interesting twist.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Katiemay » Tue May 29, 2012 6:20 pm

I finished the entire first season and ready to rip right into the second. I don't think I have been so completely absorbed in a show, or movie, like this in a long time. My mind doesn't wander at all while watching it. I was looking forward to being able to come here and read some of the thread up until the start of season 2 and see that the thread starts at season 2, so I'll keep waiting.

I still can't believe they killed Ned Stark! Wow! is all I can say to that.
And bummed about Drogo too. I was looking forward to him taking down King's Landing for his moon and capture that iron chair for his unborn stallion that would mount the world.
Katiemay

Postby willbreathes » Wed May 30, 2012 7:34 pm

willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby TanasRoot » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:53 pm

^ho fucking god that's great. :lol:

and btw welcome to 9 months without GOT, after an especially epic season finale :thumbdown:
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby goldenroad » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 pm

Soo....yeah...dragons versus an army of the undead...and the Starks really think they have a chance?
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby willbreathes » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:48 am

HOLY FUCKING DRAGONS!!!!!!

And Arya is obviously going to be the hero of the entire show (no spoilers if you read the books).

She has like crazy guy who can take over peoples bodies help.

But then fire lady and whatshisface.

OH MY FUCKING GOD I NEED MORE EPISODES.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby willbreathes » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:35 am

willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby rastabilly » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Game Of Thrones is fantastic! I'll be watching the first seasons again at least once between now and the third season.
This isn't who it would be if it wasn't #2.

Listen to my band! www.opencountryjoy.bandcamp.com
rastabilly
Undercover Wook

Postby Katiemay » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Finished season 2 last night. I will have to come back later to discuss details. There is a hole in my heart where new episodes should be.

I am steadfastly with the majority that think Tyrion and Arya both rule. I have high expectations for Bram (sp?) as well.
Katiemay

Postby Katiemay » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:12 am

goldenroad wrote:It's funny how much I've grown to really love the Lannisters and don't really wish for their downfall as much as I did by the end of season 1. I mean Jamie and Tyrion are just good dudes, aside from the incest and whores and pushing kids out of windows and what have you. I wonder if they'll end up killing off Jamie. They are really starting to develop his character beyond the whole two-dimensional King slaying incestor that we originally thought of him as.

I really like where they have taken the character of Theon too, but answer me this; does Theon know that those two kids aren't the Stark kids? I don't want a direct answer from people who read the books as much as I just want your speculation. Is he actually not the huge piece of shit that they've made him out to be over the last few episodes, or is he really proud of himself for killing a couple of children? He has to know that's not them hanging there, right?

I very much agree that Tyrion is a good guy, but Jamie? No way. I think from what we have seen in the show, Jamie has no morality and no care or concern for anyone but himself and maybe his sister; however, I think any feelings of love towards his sis are there more because she is basically his other half. I disagree about the character development as well. I was torn about him more in season one when he was the king's guard and being berated by his dad. His storyline in season 2 was kind of lame. He was barely on and then kills the cousin and guard in cold blood. On a side note, I was so pissed Catelyn let him go. I could've beheaded her!

I felt bad for Theon for awhile, but he proved himself to be nothing more than an immature and dimwitted brat. I think he knew it wasn't the Stark boys up there. He is a huge piece of shit. I wonder what will happen to him. On another related side note, was it Theon's Iron Island men who burned and pillaged Winterfell? If so, was there a reason other than doing it just to be jerks?

I kind of wished Arya went with the body snatcher guy who killed the people for her and learned how to be like him then came back and slaughtered everyone who ever did her family wrong. I think she'll do that anyway though. That's probably why Joffrey hasn't died yet.
Katiemay

Postby willbreathes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:26 am

willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby goldphish » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:24 pm

I watched the very last of season 2 and very first of season 1 episodes thus far. I figure I'll just imagine the rest of the story.

srsly I may get the stuff on dvd someday. or read the books which i meant to do 10 years ago.
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Katiemay » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:39 pm

^If you have HBO, you can watch all the episodes on demand right now! Do it!

I am currently debating reading the books now or waiting until the series ends. I am so hooked on the show, that I don't want my love for it to be tainted by the greatness of the books. I also think I don't want to know what is going to happen in the show before it does. Unfortunately, I have a coworker that I got into the show and who likes to spoil stories for herself and others, so if she reads the books, she will be telling me stuff left and right.

Still hardcore pining for its return. I hope it gets easier to bear.
Katiemay

Postby AsianGirl » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:09 pm

^ Katiemay, I am in the SAME debate as you. Part of me wants to read the story (as all of my friends who have read the books and are watching the show LOVE everything), but part of me wants to be surprised and don't want to read 'ahead' of the plot in the TV show.

Luckily I don't have friends who are super-spoilers. But the mental debate is there!! See how I feel come Fall.
AsianGirl

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion