Game of Thrones Thread (Holy F**king Dragons Edition)

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Game of Thrones Thread (Holy F**king Dragons Edition)

Postby goldphish » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:32 pm

I don't have hobo so that's a nogo. I say read the books,the suspense and surprise will be there then you can sit back and enjoy the show with the satisfaction of having read the story and the omniscient knowledge there after as such said like so. Right?

I may try to read this on the kindle. It will be my first ebook.
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby AsianGirl » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:40 pm

You can DL the shows here
*Everything from now on is all Gravy*
AsianGirl

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Katiemay » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:39 pm

^How do you do that with the link? Make the one word into a link, I mean.
Katiemay

Postby AsianGirl » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Katiemay wrote:^How do you do that with the link? Make the one word into a link, I mean.

I put the "[url=(web address)]Word into Link here[/url]"
*Everything from now on is all Gravy*
AsianGirl

Postby fivepounds-sixpounds » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:14 am

willbreathes wrote:Some what of a slow episode... but the boys not being crisped up is good times, kinda saw that coming though. Ignored a lot of characters, but the north of the wall girl is super sexy. And I see the Stark girl being a major hero at some point, or at least a major plot point.

What a fantastic show GOT has turned out to be. Tyrion, John Snow and Arya have all turned out to be incredible characters. I can't wait to see them develop further. I was angry when Ned Stark was killed because he was such a great character (but I guess that's what makes this show so good).

Now relative to your statement. This show is chock full of hotties. Jeyne is smokin! Khaleesi/Daenerys...how hot can one girl be? But that redheaded wildling is over the top sexy. Is it her voice? The fact that she can swing a sword? Is it the promise of what is under the cloak? The people demand more Ygritte! I hope we get to see a lot more of her! Literally and figuratively. :clap: :D
Take my hand you ugly girl
fivepounds-sixpounds

Postby willbreathes » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:26 pm

First woot! shirt I have bought in quite some time...

1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Without reading plot, I’ve been seeing a ton of quotes by this Lancaster fellow. He seems hilarious. I don’t have the premium channels but maybe I can steal…err…download the shows off the internet and watch them. It’s been a while since I’ve had a show I can get into. Plus I hear there’s boobies.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:36 pm

I'm currently stealing...err...downloading Season 1 so I'll be diving into this series eventually. No premium cable for me so I'll always be behind on it but I'm sure folks will put up the latest episodes as they go.
El Bastarde

Postby piper » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:56 am

Finally finished S2. Peter Dinklage is so amazing in this show. Really great actor.
piper

Postby El Bastarde » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Wow. Just watched the first episode. AWESOME. I'm already hooked.
El Bastarde

Postby fivepounds-sixpounds » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:55 am

piper wrote:Finally finished S2. Peter Dinklage is so amazing in this show. Really great actor.

Well said! He is the best character on the show by a landslide. And there are a lot of good characters.
Take my hand you ugly girl
fivepounds-sixpounds

Postby ColPhorbin » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:03 am

Watched both seasons the past week or so. Very good show, although I thought season one was a little bit better than #2. Decided to pick the books up, I'm about halfway through the first one and I must say they are def. worth the read if you enjoy the show. It gives a lot more details, and with the story the way it is it really helps add to the show. I'm going to try to finish the first 3 books before season 3 comes out but at least the first 2.
"I would choose my own religion
And worship my own spirit
But if he ever preached to me
I wouldn't want to hear it

I'd drop him, a forgotten god,
Languishing in shame
And then if I hit stormy seas
I'd have myself to blame"
ColPhorbin
Game Master

Postby ColPhorbin » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:05 am

And yeah Tyrian Lannister is by far the best character in the series so far :thumbup:

I hated that fucker when the first season started too :lol:

Languishing in shame
ColPhorbin
Game Master

Postby TanasRoot » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:53 am

ColPhorbin wrote:And yeah Tyrian Lannister is by far the best character in the series so far :thumbup:

I hated that fucker when the first season started too :lol:

they made you hate all the Lannisters at the beginning... now they're all different (and in some cases even hated worse)
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby El Bastarde » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:03 am

Wow...I just plowed through the first nine episodes all today. Three in a row this afternoon then six more this evening. It's hard to pull yourself away. Like everyone else, I agree Tyrian is quite awesome...he's got a load of killer lines throughout. Jamie and the Queen are deliciously evil too. Lots of nice gruesome deaths. The death the Dragon gal's bro being probably the best.
El Bastarde

Postby TanasRoot » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:07 am

El Bastarde wrote:Wow...I just plowed through the first nine episodes all today. Three in a row this afternoon then six more this evening. It's hard to pull yourself away. Like everyone else, I agree Tyrian is quite awesome...he's got a load of killer lines throughout. Jamie and the Queen are deliciously evil too. Lots of nice gruesome deaths. The death the Dragon gal's bro being probably the best.

yeah last summer i watched the entire first season in one day also... i enjoyed it much more that way than watching week to week for season 2. but i will probably watch season 3 week to week again.

when will you start season 2? next weekend?
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby Katiemay » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Yeah, the Targarian (sp?) boy's death was the most ghastly for me. One of those things that is beyond comprehension of pain. They were setting him up for a good one and they delivered.

After reading Phorbin's post, I think I may read the books. I was apprehensive of them ruining the show for me, but with the pace I tend to read books in my old age, I likely won't even catch up to where the show is before it comes back. And it will help ease the withdrawal.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:54 pm

TanasRoot wrote:when will you start season 2? next weekend?

Next weekend? More like the next day. I watched nine episodes on Sat and nine more on Sunday. I had nothing going on and I kept saying "Okay, just ONE more episode" to myself and the cliffhanger at the end of each one would draw me in for more. I only have two more left which I'm sure I'll plow through tonight.

Awesome show and I love all the politics and backstabbing and such...also neat how so many of the leaders are all very intelligent. Even Joffrey has this strange thing where he's dumb and smart at the same time based on the situation...he's a great villain since he's SO hateable. So far I love the Dwarf, the queen, Jamie and the Eunich. All quite devious.

And yeah, I've know a few folks who are now reading the books but I have enough to read and I'd rather the show not be spoiled for me at all. The crazy twists and the "what's going to happen NOW?" feeling at the end of each show seems to be part of the big appeal.

I'll bet there's a Top-Ten Game of Thrones deaths list out there...I'd check it out but I don't want the last two spoiled. The one where the jousting guy got the stick in his neck and just laid there gurgling blood was especially nice.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Ohhhh just wait until you watch the next episode. Best episode ever.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:29 am

^You ain't kidding. Awesome one. Was shocked Stannis lost...he should have brought the smokin' sorceress chick. Just finished Season 2 so I went back and reread some of the comments on here.

On Joffrey getting his, I heard from someone who knew of the books that he may be around a while. Not sure if he'll be king for a while though. I can't imagine who will kick him out now that his grandad is around though. He's a great villain. So good that the actor will be ruined for roles for years after this. He'll take roles as the good guy and folks will hate him.

I do agree it is a bit much in the sheer number of characters but I made sure to have a wiki open of the characters so I could check the names of folks and such as a guide...quite helpful since they sometimes say the names fast or refer to folks I've forgotten. It helps to have a map handy too so you can figure out what the hell the cities are that they're yapping about. Apparently the area is the size of South America according to the author though the map in the intro makes it look much smaller.

And maybe it's me can't you see some big fight of Starks v Lannisters, then the Walkers come South and that's mucho fighting and then maybe the Starks battling back the Island folks...and then after all that the Khaleesi blows the crap out of whoever's left with the dragons easily (walkers burn) and claims it all?

Also agree on Sensa being just weak and not a traitor. She's been a weak idiot the whole show and can't stop now. I thought for a sec she may end up being the one to kill Joffrey but I don't see it now. I'd say she'll die in some stupid fashion eventually but she's too lame to piss off anyone that much. Baelish will probably try to bust her out and she'll fuck it up. Strangely, I dislike her more than Joffrey. He's a coward like her but at least he's a devious one.

I also like how the Opening Credits show exactly which areas are featured in the show...well...most of the time, they do.

And ya, Theon is definitely the biggest douche on the show. I wonder if he'll have a redemption story by the end. I think he's starting to get that his Dad and his people don't give a shit about him no matter what he does.

AsianGirl wrote:You can DL the shows here

I wonder how quick this updates. It'll be annoying when the next season starts up again and I'll be pining to watch them with no HBO. Hopefully folks put up torrents of the show fast.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:29 pm

One week to season three! I'm rewatching the first two seasons to reacquaint myself. Finished up season one with a marathon yesterday. It helps refresh me on the major plot points and characters, but I find I'm picking up on a lot of details I didn't catch the first time around. I'll likely end up starting the new season a few weeks in, but it's OK because I'm so used to watching them in chunks that I don't think I could watch just one a week anyway.

Ned Stark getting beheaded might have been just as brutal and painful to experience as it was the first time. I wish he never went to King's Landing!
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:25 pm

^I kinda had the Ned beheading a little spoiled for me. It was never said outright but I heard various things about how shocking it was that a “main character” would be killed like this and I kinda put two and two together once I started watching. The worst part is seeing him arrive and it’s so obvious that he’s way too trusting and in totally over his head. You know he’s going to get screwed in one way or the other.

The other thing I enjoy is when it becomes clear that Joffrey might be a bit smarter than we all originally take him for. He’s grown on me as a nasty villain.

And yeah, I don’t have HBO but I have faith that the torrents will put the new shows up. With the DVRs out there you can get a high-quality rip almost immediately after the show ends. I should be able to watch it at least the next day.
El Bastarde

Postby ColPhorbin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm excited for tonight, Directv is having a free HBO weekend and I get to watch the first episode of season 3 on an actual tv and not streamed via the interwebs :thumbup:

Languishing in shame
ColPhorbin
Game Master

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:21 pm

Wow, I completely forgot it started last night…no matter as I have no HBO anyway. I’ll have to scour the internets to download it tonight.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:51 am

OK episode.

Floated thru a lot of different story lines.

Need more North of The Wall.

Needs 100% more Arya Stark.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion