Breaking Bad Thread

Anything non-Phish related.

Breaking Bad Thread

Postby GratefulPhish » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Pretty sure there's not a thread for this...I also don't think many people watch it on here, but if you don't, you should...first three seasons are on Netflix and you can easily google to stream the fourth season online

This is one of my favorite shows of all time, figured I'd try to get a thread started before the new season starts Sunday...I've never watched this show as it unfolded on AMC so hopefully waiting a week and commercials won't be too rough, did that with Walking Dead but I think Breaking Bad is on a totally different level than that show

been revisiting season 4 to get ready for the new season, definitely check it out on netflix if you have time to watch three seasons before Sunday, when I discovered it me and my buddy were just sitting around and decided to check it out and proceeded to watch 3 seasons in like 3 or 4 days, that shit was intense :lol:
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Breaking Bad Thread

Postby piper » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Agreed. Amaaaazing show. Watched 4 seasons in less than 2 weeks. Cant wait for next week!
piper

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:55 pm

big fan. not sure when I'll be able to catch the new episodes....might have to wait til I get over to a buddies with DVR.

I watched the first 3 seasons on netflix this past month as a refresher and time waster. Was fun. There's a decent amount I missed/forgot about. We watched every season 4 episode a few times last year so I think I'm refreshed enough with that season.
I LOOK TO THE STARS AND THE ANSWER IS CLEAR
I LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE WHAT I FEAR
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Guelah » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:30 am

I am a hue fan as well. Best TV show EVER!
"2014 Great year...2015...Better year!" -Trip Anti-acid
Guelah
Teh_Southern Pa

Postby piper » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:12 pm

Great start last night.

"Yeah bitch, magnets!" :lol:
piper

Postby GratefulPhish » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:22 pm

^best line of the night

season 4 is on Netflix now if anyone needs to catch up

last night was good, in a simple non-stressful kind of way, felt like I was watching the first season or something
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby piper » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:21 pm

congrats to walter, skyler, jesse, and gus on their emmy nominations! :thumbup:
piper

Postby AsianGirl » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:41 pm

May I just re-iterate how much of a Biatch Walt's wife is? Really dislike her. Kudos to Anna Gunn for portraying the character so well that I hate her so much every time she comes onto the scene.

And again, re-iterating Jesse's loyalty to Walt and how much I love Jesse's character for it.
*Everything from now on is all Gravy*
AsianGirl

Postby Guelah » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:58 pm

I don't like Skylar either.
"2014 Great year...2015...Better year!" -Trip Anti-acid
Guelah
Teh_Southern Pa

Postby the dooj » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Skyler is whack! But Jesse is kinda whack sometimes, too..... of course, not nearly as whack as Skyler. I think she needs drugs more than any of them. :lol:

So glad this show is back.
"The good outnumber you, and we always will."
the dooj

Postby goldenroad » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Holy shit, that last episode was weird. Watched a bit of it again last night...I don't know if that was the worst or the best episode of Breaking Bad ever, but I'm leaning towards to the former. It just felt like nothing happened, and I just wasn't expecting an episode like that in this season.

I do hate Skyler, but I guess I get where she is coming from. I'd be scared of Walt too. Still, bitch shouldn't have cheated on him. Hopefully she gets what's coming to her.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby piper » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Episode 2 was actually a really big episode. Its setting up a bunch of stuff in the future. :thumbup:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/53567/breaking-bad-season-5-episode-2-madrigal
piper

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 pm

i still need to watch episode 2....I'm guessing it will be available to watch on amctv.com on saturday again, like episode 1 was last week.
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Postby GratefulPhish » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:42 am

rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby piper » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Walt is amazing. He totally got Jesse to break up with that girl. He's in total control. This whole pest control ting is not gonna work either, too many people know about it, and theres no way Walts goona split the money like that.

That comment Walt made at the end re: Victor was interesting too. Was he threatening Mike? Warning Jesse?

Also, that scene w Walt and Jr. watching that end of Scarface when Tony finally loses it i think is/could be tremendous foreshadowing to how the show is headed. Powertrip/money hungry->horrible downfall. :thumbdown:
piper

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:15 pm

everything is spiraling out of control, and it's great. something will go wrong with the pest control company (TODD was focused on obviously, seems like he will be a problem. someone else said he's a prominent actor on another TV show so that's another sign he'll be big)

Mike will be dead by this half of the season ending imo. Walt is insane now and does not accept the way money is being divided......a new drug buyer source will pop up and partially lead to Walt's downfall

walt throwing sky under the bus for her own craziness will lead to Hank finding out everything....Marie will tell Hank, Hank will question Beneke, Beneke will fold.....something like that has to happen. I think it will at least lead to Sky leaving Walt and/or ratting the whole operation out by the end of this half of the season.

with Walt's upcoming 51st birthday, were presumably exactly a year from the flash-forward that started this season (although why would walt use his real birthday after getting a new identity and ID :problem: )
It seems unlikely that flash-forward would be wrapped up 5 episodes from now.....

the last 8 episodes this winter are going to be madness
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Postby piper » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:19 pm

^Todd was a main character in Friday Night Lights....
piper

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 pm

oh and I'm sure it'll come up again...but it kinda seems like they brushed the whole Madrigal storyline to the side with Schuler committing suicide....

they definitely made the company seem a bit sinister but also kind of put all the evil on Schuler's shoulders....it doesn't seem like a team of ruthless germans will be coming to hunt Walt down anytime soon
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Postby piper » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Lydia is so f'd. Jesse is soft and is def. not cut out for this i think. He's in to deep to get out alive. He basically has been fueled by vengeance or meth. Now he's clean and I think he sees it for what it is. Prob why he tries to save Lydia.
piper

Postby GratefulPhish » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:01 pm

I thought Skylar was gonna be dead by the end of the episode...when she had the breakdown with Marie I thought suicide was going to be the end of her before the season was over, I thought Walt was going to find her hanging after him and Hank and Marie got done talking

my problem with that situation is that if they cared about her, and maybe Walt doesn't but Marie does, then she would be going to see or have seen a doctor or psychologist or something already IMO...or at least that would've come up in conversation, I don't think it has with any of them yet or maybe it did in the last episode, now I can't recall exactly what all was said at the dinner table other than Marie telling Walt they wanted to take the kids
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:06 pm

the walt/skylar relationship is just plain fucking awkward this season.....walt and skylar have both completely lost it, in different ways. Walt did say that nothing was gonna stop this train. maybe he'll just decide to off his own wife.

it does seem like either her or Hank will be dead by the end of these 8 episodes.....
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Postby goldenroad » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:47 pm

It's gonna for sure end one of two ways:

1) Walt kills Skyler
2) Skylar kills Walt

Chances are that also, Skylar or Walt kill Hank, Hank kills Walt, Walt kills Jesse, or Walt Jr kills 'em all and takes the empire for himself (that's the ending I'm rooting for).

But yeah, they've gotten a good majority of people rooting against Skyler now, so I'm curious what their next move with her will be.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby piper » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Sometimes the most hated characters are the best ones to keep around. Love to hate kinda thing.
Last edited by piper on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piper

Postby GratefulPhish » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:49 am

damn, I almost forgot about this tonight somehow...had a lot going on this weekend I guess is all, and I started watching Hell On Wheels and that's been on my mind most in relation to TV series
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby piper » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:14 am

Wow, that was an incredible episode. Some classic Walt moments, and some good laughs during the dinner scene. And re the dinner scene w Walt, Jesse, and Skyler: Is Skyler aware that Jesse is Walts partner in the meth thing, or is he just the kid that was "selling Walt pot" earlier in the series. Does she think he "smoking again" or does she know Walt invited his Partner into their home she is so desperately trying to keep safe??
piper

Next

Return to Non-Phish Discussion