What are you watching on TV?

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: What are you watching on TV?

Postby phishinsky » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:05 am

Serena dominating a hot Russian player right now.....
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby goldenroad » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:31 am

^^She's a Regina girl. I've never even watched Orphan Black, but we do have a street named after her here, so I should probably check it out.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby fone » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:00 pm

A while back, the SyFi channel had a show called Merlin on every Friday night for three or four half year seasons. Jaime was around eleven or twelve when we would get together and watch some of the episodes together, a bonding routine that's been kind of special for us.

When the series ended, we were kind of done with it because it had evolved poorly so the routine just kind of ended as well and I was sad to see it go.

He's sixteen now and I've allowed him to share my Netflix download account for several years. He came over last night because it was Wednesday and Wednesday is his night to hang with us. He asked me to guess what he's been getting back into, and it just seemed reasonable to me, for some reason, to respond with "Merlin" to his surprise.

He's wanted to see if the show was still as entertaining to him as his memory recalls it to be, and he said he's watched the whole first season in a couple of days. After dinner last night we sat down with him and watched the first episode of the second season together, and we all recalled those earlier times together with Merlin, Arthur, Uther, Gaius, Guinevere, Morgana, but mostly with each other.

Fun show to watch with your kids.
Go down in your own way
And everyday is the right day
And as you rise above the fear lines in his frown
You look down
Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd
fone
The Sage

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:49 pm

He's wanted to see if the show was still as entertaining to him as his memory recalls it to be

I'm often scared to do this. I refuse to watch old episodes of He-Man and Transformers now since I figure I'll see them as quite cheesy now. Best to leave those shows as my child-like brain remembers them.

Thank goodness football is back up. All my shows (Better Call Saul, Murdoch Mysteries, Game of Thrones) are off until probably next year.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:44 pm

Better Call Saul is off til next year? It seems like its been forever since it was on. I've been thinking it must be coming back soon.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:48 pm

Katiemay wrote:Better Call Saul is off til next year? It seems like its been forever since it was on. I've been thinking it must be coming back soon.

Season 1 was in Feb of last year...I believe Season 2 is supposed to be sometime around then. Seems too long, doesn't it?
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:13 pm

^BCS is coming soon, can't wait! I watch BReaking Bad on AMC on demand and they have been hyping the upcoming season every commercial break, so I'm ready.

Finished season 2 of Fargo last night. I didn't think they could match the entertainment value of season one, but they sure did, you betcha. Fantastic show.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:58 pm

I watch BReaking Bad on AMC on demand and they have been hyping the upcoming season every commercial break, so I'm ready.

Heh, I almost never watch AMC...I can't even remember what channel it is. I'll have to look it up. Either way, Saul is back on February 15th.
El Bastarde

Postby Buster » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:23 pm

I just finished watching The Pacific (HBO mini-series 2010 era).

I went into it expecting Band of Brothers, which I love and have seen 3 or 4 times through completely. I quickly realized this was going to be nothing like Band of Brothers. It was very heavily focused on battle scene's, and the acting not nearly as good as Band of Brothers, but I still enjoyed it. Some of the battle scene's were very long and I easily lost perspective of where they were on the battlefield (if that makes sense).

The Pacific Theater is one that I haven't read up on as much as the war in Europe, so I took this series as more of a history lesson than anything else. I enjoyed it in that sense and there's a lot going on, so the lackluster acting isn't too big of a deal.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby goldenroad » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:00 am

Rick & Morty...pretty much on repeat. Show is too good. Reminds me of the heyday of Futurama.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby Katiemay » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Hmm...I love Futurama. Heyday and non. Where would I find this Rick & Morty program?
Katiemay

Postby goldenroad » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:45 pm

^ It's an Adult Swim show, so if you have that channel, it's there. A lot of the episodes can be streamed on the Adultswim website and I think they might alternate which ones, and I think it's on Hulu too.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby gamecat » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Vinyl on HBO

It's pretty awesome so far.
The music is kick ass with Mick Jagger and Martin Scorsese in charge of production.
gamecat
The Shepherd

Postby gamecat » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:54 am

American Ninja Warrior

...and now Vinyl is canceled. Oh well,..good while it lasted.
gamecat
The Shepherd

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:08 pm

It's the Dead Zone of Sports so....nothing. And Game of Thrones ends next week for another year. What to do?
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Crashing on HBO is a pretty great sitcom.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion