The Saturday Thread

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: The Saturday Thread

Postby ladyphish » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:31 am

Another wild and crazy Saturday night at home:-D

Stepped on either a lego or a train track a while ago and it hurt like a mother fucker. Right on the heel.

Yesterday I was all proud of myself for cleaning up before I put Piper to sleep. It's so nice to come downstairs and see everything in order. Hey, what can I say. It's the little things. Tonight, however, I got so caught up watching episodes of Jiminy Glick when I realized it was an hour past her usual bed time. We rushed upstairs and left everything as is. My freaking heel is still sore and it's been almost an hour.

Today my oldest baby was a student driver. She turned 15 back during the first week of September, but this was the first opening they had for her. NC requires drivers ed (both classroom instruction which she finished online in August and drive time) to get your permit with a full year of driving before a license can be administered...and even then you can't drive after 9p or with more than one non-related person in the car with you. Complete 180 from what I'm used to. We could take our permit test right before the actual road test and still get a full license with no restrictions. Driver's ed was just something people took to get a line discount on auto insurance. So anyway, poor kid won't be able to get her driver's license until November of next year, 2 months after she turns 16. I feel bad for her. I feel bad for me because I thought I was catching a break finally. I let her drive us to her friend's house tonight. She's actually a very decent driver, but it still terrifies me. This one is going to be hard for me.

I find myself wanting to both cook something and go to sleep. It's a weird dichotomy.

Happy Saturday!
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:30 pm

hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ladyphish » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:36 pm

^Heh.

It's a lovely Saturday and I have absolutely no plans! The last couple of weeks have been pretty crazy and I'm thankful for the down time. I've got food, my teenager is set for the weekend, and no reason to see or talk to me husband until at least tomorrow if not Monday! He FINALLY cleaned out his room last night and took the damn lock off the door as if my daughter or I are remotely interested in any of his crap lol.

Closing the buy out on Monday! Ready to end this shenanigan and get on with my life. He almost did me in, but I made it. Fuck yeah, I made it!!!
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:22 am

^That is pretty epic right there. How did the closing go?
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ladyphish » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:33 am

^He didn't have to go so it went great lol. He turned in his key this morning when I dropped Piper off at his house. On Friday, he gets an ungodly amount of money for simply marrying someone who has their shit together. It's not fair, but I will happily pay the increased mortgage every month with a smile knowing he's GONE :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby ladyphish » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:17 am

Got a new vacuum. It's made me very happy tonight. I read the other day that cleaning is calming to someone with my moon sign which is Aries and it damn sure is. I cleaned out my car last week and it makes me happy to get in it now lol. Most people know their sun sign or Zodiac sign, but did you know you also have a moon sign based on the date, time, and time zone you were born? Apparently Zodiac is how the world sees you and your moon sign is more true to who you really are. Pretty interesting stuff. Mine is "dead on balls accurate". Cool points if you know where that line came from :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby Harpua » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:02 pm

^ MY COUSIN VINNY

It's an industry term.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby ladyphish » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:42 pm

^+10 for you!
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby phishinsky » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:38 am

Meh, I just saw something....
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby ladyphish » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Just made some DELICIOUS yum in my air fryer. Avocado slices covered in panko and spices dipped in cashew ranch dressing. I'm fighting everything I have not to make the other avocado before my mom gets back from shopping and can't have any :-D

Been working on master bedroom deco. Made a headboard, painted the walls, bought some art and sheer fabric for draping. Can't wait to get it all done. I'm spent, but it's so worth it.

Dance competition #3 this weekend. Home stretch!
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Was fucking beautiful this weekend.
El Bastarde

Postby ladyphish » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:44 am

Was going to write something about my day, but then I realized it's Friday. I'm certainly on top of things lately.
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby willbreathes » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:46 pm

But today is Saturday!

Sang a pretty epic Plush by STP at karaoke last night.

Also, Dead Eye Dick, New Age Girl.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Sup dudes. Saturday up in heah.

I got all my hair cut off yesterday. I'd just shot a horrible disc golf round, maybe the residual depression led me to the hair cut joint. Allz I know is it's gone. Actually it was totally time, I was real tired of it.

I considered picking up the St. Louis boxed set yesterday, had it in my hand ... but ended up buyin the new Star Wars movie instead. Which I'll watch once or twice.

Work is a different animal than it once was. I used to be able to post in here all the time. Remember when we all used to post?
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby GratefulPhish » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:57 pm

^ I member

What's a horrible disc golf round for you? I started playing this spring, and really enjoy it. Haven't gotten to play in few weeks due to weather and school/work. I'm not very good but it's fun.
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon May 01, 2017 10:47 pm

I'm usually somewhere between par and +9, here in Southern New England ... I say that because par isn't consistent from place to place ... in Maine they have par 5s all over the place, that are really par 3s trying to make n00bs feel good.

So I shot like a +6 on a nine hole course near where I work. That felt bad. Although I was playing the 'blue' layout, which is pretty tough.

Welcome to disc golf! Prepare to become angry. :P

I often daydream of hitting the lottery, just to have more time to play disc golf.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Tue May 02, 2017 2:14 pm

My experience with Disc Golf is that it's basically a nature walk except you just pick up and toss a disc along the way.
El Bastarde

Postby GratefulPhish » Thu May 04, 2017 9:54 pm

^ Part of the reason I love it. I get to take my dog out too, and he seems to enjoy the walk.

The only course we really play here is a par 3, and it's completely wooded. Not exactly great for a noob, but there's another one about an hour away that's supposed to be pretty open, hoping to hit that up in the near future. Possibly next week if the weather permits.
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri May 05, 2017 3:53 am

For me, I like the wooded courses for the challenge. Sure they're more aggravating, but they help you get more technical. Or maybe I just pretend they do. Obstacles add character, and are awesome when you get past 'em.
:D

I've got some decent throws, I just can't find them sometimes.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Sat May 06, 2017 1:17 pm

I put on my soft top that doesn't have windows two weeks ago... this past week has been 40s and rain.

I'm dieing here, Pa.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby ladyphish » Sat May 06, 2017 8:52 pm

^My daughter's grandfather (her dad's side) bought her damn 2017 Jeep Rubicon for Christmas. Didn't ask me if that was okay. Just did it. She'll be 16 in September, but won't get her license until November. Should I be worried she'll flip that fucker or what?

Happiest of Saturday's to ya! Did some cleaning, made some delicious brunch food, plotted on my mom's mother's day gift, and nursed my feverish little mama back to health. Pretty kick ass so far. Be well, all!
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby TanasRoot » Sun May 07, 2017 11:38 am

https://youtu.be/fDXIGmenClU?t=249

just show her this scene and i'm sure everything'll be fine 8-)
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby willbreathes » Sun May 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Jeeps from about ten years ago have a wider base than before. But, if she drives like an ass, that is up to her.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby ladyphish » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:23 pm

^Well she sure as shit better not.

Happy Saturday! May and June in the mountains of Asheville is magical. Temps only get into the upper 70`s, lots of sunshine, blue skies, and gentle breezes. It's magnificent and you should all be jealous :-D
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby Funky Begonia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:57 am

^Hi Ollie! you rock. That is all. Its been awhile since I've visited the board. Hope everyone is doing well!
Funky Begonia
Third Eye Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion