The Saturday Thread

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: The Saturday Thread

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Rough Saturday night. MSU played their worst defense of the year. Rough loss. Likely out of the playoff hunt. Ah well...it was a good run. Still remarkable what Dantonio's done.
El Bastarde

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby willbreathes » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Hiya Saturday.

Might have had 1 too many celebrating a trip around the sun yesterday.

And by "1 too many"... it was probably two or three too many.

Been at work since 7 AM.

Ugh.

Listening to the Phish. Finishing up the Mexico ordeal.

So yeah, hiya Saturday.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby ladyphish » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:10 am

^Happy belated, sir! I always forget how close our days are.

I'm enjoying a little peace and quiet except for my stupid kitchen faucet which is dripping. I need to replace it but the one I want is like $200 and I just can't seem to lower my standards yet. My kitchen is my haven and since I can't have the big open concept dream kitchen with island, I refuse to skimp on the trimmings.

I was supposed to take the girls out to dinner at a hibachi place, but we took too long getting ready and it was almost 7 when we got there meaning the wait was an hour. Makenzie was exhausted from 4 hours of rehearsals, Piper was almost ready to crash out for the night, so I took them to Chick-Fil-A lol. I was pretty bummed because I recently went back to gf vegan for a bit and was really looking forward to gorging on some rice and veggies. Instead I came home and ate the super dank soup I made in the crock pot yesterday. Now both girls are zonked out for the night and I'm trying to muster the energy to knock out a few things to finally finish the xmas presents I never sent last month lol. Yep, slacker numero uno right here :wave:
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby ladyphish » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:04 pm

Lazy day.

Went to a retirement community to watch my teenager's dance company perform for an hour or so. She was not feeling well this morning, but seemed to rally.

Otherwise, it's me and the 3 yr old hanging around the house. She's so tired and will definitely crash early tonight.

Than it will be "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" time :=)

Yay Saturday!
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:36 am

Dudes. Phish is playin some summer shows man. It's Saturday. Ate great food at rehearsal. Lots of coffee was had today. Good drives to and fro. Made a little progress around the house. Chilling out now w/YouTube and OKP and headphones on, before I hit the bed .. early morning of disc golf planned, pretty stoked to play this interesting course I haven't visited in a long while. A good Saturday with a promising Sunday around the corner.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:00 pm

Saturday!

Attempting this here ticketmaster thing for the first time.

Don't really need anything... so no stress to me.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Katiemay » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:35 pm

What Ticketmaster thing? Buying tickets?
Katiemay

Postby willbreathes » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Yep, the shows I am interested are all on sale today.

I have my tickets set, so just looking to help out friends... thus, the no stress on my half part.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:27 pm

^I lucked out. Both Dicks and Paul Simon were supposed to be on sale on Saturday and I got presales for both on Friday. Didn't have to get up on Saturday. Yay.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Cold feet. Warm coffee.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Dudes. Warm coffee, warm feet. Froze my ass off disc golfing this morning. Was worth it for the company and fresh air, but I played lousy.

Two donuts have been had. I'm basically home for the day so I'm kinda excited to just be home to work at unpacking.

Ahhh Saturday.

Bound to be disrupted by various family needs. :lol:
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby marley » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:52 am

binge watching House of Cards.
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:16 pm

Lots of basketball and Dark Souls 2. I died a lot.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:20 pm

ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:06 pm

This is funny and interesting. A lot of his stuff on Wait But Why is great.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/03/my-ted-talk.html

ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:12 pm

Oh boy, Saturday. I have to time to go on the internet.

Guy on the right played by Fred Armisen:

ghost
Human Being

Postby ladyphish » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:56 pm

I judge a good Saturday by whether or not I have to get in my car. None is preferable, but once is still allowable.

So far the only time I've left home was to make a quick Home Depot run for a 5/16 drill bit to inoculate a cherry log with shitake mushroom plugs. I bought the plugs from an organic seed store last month. The cherry tree was cut down last month. You drill a bunch of holes in the log, tap the plugs in (the plugs are small wooden dowels like the kind that hold Ikea furniture together. They've been soaked in mushroom water and have the fungus in them.) with a hammer, seal the holes with melted beeswax, water them, then prop them up against a tree or fence. It's definitely a long hustle. The logs probably won't "fruit" for a year, but they will produce for 3 or 4 years afterwards. I'm pretty excited.

I fell earlier today and nastied up my left knee. It hurts and is scraped to fuck, but thankfully it's not something that needs stitches.

It feels SO fantastic in my house. The thermostat says it's 80 degrees, but with the doors/windows open and the fans going full blast, it feels bloody fantastic in here. I run the AC upstairs, but downstairs I leave it off. Love the feel of the outside being inside. Nothing grosser than stale, AC air.
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby ghost » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:55 am

^ Growing mushrooms is definitely a lot of fun. Go, mycelium. Go.

^^ I really like the old surf Apache. This abomination was recently brought to my attention:
ghost
Human Being

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:20 pm

^^Shrooms, man! Shrooooooms!

I really like the old surf Apache.

I absolutely detest the "Jump On It" versions and they need to be destroyed and never played again. NOTHING more tired than hearing that at sporting events.

As for the video, there was a great video of Bill Simmons and Rembert Brown from Grantland commenting on this video and it was hilarious but I can't find it. As Simmons said, "This is what you happens when you have a $10,000 budget to make a music video and spend $9,900 of it on cocaine." The 70's were a magical time.
El Bastarde

Postby The Ubiquitous Smokey » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:45 pm

Ummm, bruh, you're doing it wrong, it's Wednesday :oops: :|
The Ubiquitous Smokey
East Side Jedi

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:48 am

L(BOOBS)L
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ladyphish » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:15 pm

Was perusing my newsfeed last night and this guy I used to be quite enamored with in my early 20's showed up in my FB newsfeed as having just become a dad for the first time. Kinda sad actually because his partners have lost 3 babies (a set of twins with one and a single with another) over the past few years and according to a mutual friend, the guy thought he was cursed or something. So glad it finally happened for him.

Anywho, he was in my dream last night, and the whole shenanigan was so real it woke me up at 530. Happy for his procreation. Not so happy for my abrupt and extremely premature wake up.

Spent about an hour stretching my back, shoulders, and hips. The tigtness in my body from stress is ridiculous. I went from being a pretzel to barely being able to turn my body when driving or even wipe my ass. It's incredible what stress does to your body. I feel like I've aged 10 years this past year. Definitely no bueno!! Trying to be proactive here and work some of this shit outta me each day.

Got several things to do today. Teenager returns from a trip to her grandparents, so gotta do a quick airport pick-up. She broke her phone, so getting that repaired is on the list. Other than that, need to pick up a few thigs at the kitchen store (where the hell did all my forks/knives/spoons go??), maybe a grocery store run, and take a nice long walk/jog around my hood. My maw-in-law is in town, so I get me time!! At some point, I'll try knock out some of Orange Is The New Black.

Ahhhh, Happy Saturday indeed!
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:38 pm

The tigtness in my body from stress is ridiculous. I went from being a pretzel to barely being able to turn my body when driving or even wipe my ass.

From stress? For me, I assumed it was just lack of exercise or general aging...
El Bastarde

Postby ladyphish » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:36 pm

You can actually feel the tightness in my shoulders and back. There are also knots. It'a great fun lol.
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby ghost » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:31 pm

Feel the breeze

http://hint.fm/wind/
ghost
Human Being

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion