The Saturday Thread

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: The Saturday Thread

Postby goldenroad » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:38 pm

Yeah Bitches!

Helped my Grandma move some stuff to her new place today, so that was the nice thing I did to help someone else...which means the rest of the day is gonna be spent slothfully on the couch smokin weed and playing GTA. Maybe I'll make a sammich if I can muster the energy.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby willbreathes » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Good day!
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby goldphish » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:57 pm

SUNday!
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Katiemay » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Hey hey hey!

Katiemay

Postby willbreathes » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:26 pm

willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby marley » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:28 pm

#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:26 pm

^HELL YEAH.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Katiemay

Postby goldphish » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:23 am

I'm admitting to some saturday yellow tail shirazzz while cooking some dinner with the likes of MEAT and VEGGIES and this you tube mix of the fish.

compill-nation, ghosting it. the wedge really makes me feel... i don't know, like its 1993 and doobz. the fuc&in wedge man. fu&king limestone blocks. pyramids and shit. coming so very far in x amount of years and shit. :clap:

wine is good for those angry muscles right.

i have been on FIRE lately. built a wall, hung a door, painted the bathroom, raked the lawn and disposed of residual arboreal organic matter, fixed the drain (hired some one to fix the drain) and today cleaned the windows. like with vinegar/water clean, that shits sparkly.

SaTurDay!

goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Postby fone » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Missed the Good Morning thread, so this one seems the next appropriate one to post in.

:wave:

Not much going on today. A little shopping where I picked up one of Jaime's Christmas presents, Call of Duty Ghost (how appropriate ^) for the PS4 that he's getting from his 'rents for Christmas. All he wants now is a larger flat screen for his bedroom.

Going over friends for dinner tonight and a game of Balderdash, among other things. Also began my 'onboarding' procedures for the company I'm joining next week. Basically it was just reading over a lot of company policy and agreeing to all of it. They seem to have better benefit options than my last gig, so that's already pretty cool.

Geez that Ghost from 10/25 is tasty. Been listening to it while writing this up, and it's all been a nice little repast.

Have a happy Saturday you ole OKP.
Go down in your own way
And everyday is the right day
And as you rise above the fear lines in his frown
You look down
Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd
fone
The Sage

Postby goldphish » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:54 pm

SuNdAy!

How I feel every moring when i wake. :lol:
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:38 pm

^Aww...adorable puppy.

Saturday was good. Michigan State beats Nebraska for the first time ever. In the drivers seat to win our side of the conference for a showdown with Ohio State. So nice to see the offense looking competent this year.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:30 pm

goldphish wrote:Image

I absoluely love this one if only because my cat does the exact same thing. Stick a small, moveable object on the edge of a table and it'll be bitch-slapped to the floor. Cracks me up every time.

Fairly interesting Saturday for me. I got up, jumped to Best Buy and bought a new 42 HDTV. Then watched my MSU Spartans beat down Northwestern and clinch their half of the Big Ten. Then I set up the TV and was quite sad about it making SD look like shit. Even so, I watched more football, watched MSU basketball win that evening and was in a happy mood. Then the Lions ruined it all on Sunday.
El Bastarde

Postby ladyphish » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:10 pm

This past Saturday was the day I officially threw away my cool card. Not that I had used it in many moons, mind you, but at least I kept it tucked away for a rainy day. Now it's just gone. I traded my Element for an Odyssey minivan. I'm certainly not one to get attached to a vehicle, but giving up my baby has been really hard. Luckily, I still have her until tomorrow and will probably go for one last ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway after work. I literally drove her off the showroom floor 5 years ago as a single mother who had just finished my 2nd degree and moved 6 hrs away from everybody I knew. This car was a symbol of freedom to me: financially freed from being broke making $7.50/hr and with the new move, being free from baby-daddy-mama drama plus the drama from my own family. Now, as a wife and mother of 2, it just doesn't fit my lifestyle anymore. It's just a car, right? So why am I so upset about relinquishing her tomorrow for something that will only benefit my family? I gotta man up, damn it. This is silly!
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby The Ubiquitous Smokey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:19 pm

ladyphish wrote:This past Saturday was the day I officially threw away my cool card. Not that I had used it in many moons, mind you, but at least I kept it tucked away for a rainy day. Now it's just gone. I traded my Element for an Odyssey minivan. I'm certainly not one to get attached to a vehicle, but giving up my baby has been really hard. Luckily, I still have her until tomorrow and will probably go for one last ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway after work. I literally drove her off the showroom floor 5 years ago as a single mother who had just finished my 2nd degree and moved 6 hrs away from everybody I knew. This car was a symbol of freedom to me: financially freed from being broke making $7.50/hr and with the new move, being free from baby-daddy-mama drama plus the drama from my own family. Now, as a wife and mother of 2, it just doesn't fit my lifestyle anymore. It's just a car, right? So why am I so upset about relinquishing her tomorrow for something that will only benefit my family? I gotta man up, damn it. This is silly!

Favorite memory from car: The almost w00k beatdown leaving he show in Raleigh. :thumbup:
The Ubiquitous Smokey
East Side Jedi

Postby goldphish » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:48 pm

like a BOSS
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Postby Katiemay » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:58 pm

^I like how he has seemingly no reaction to the object of his affections loudly popping underneath him. Like he knew it was coming all along (pun not initially intended but realized and still included).

Snowy Saturday morn. Much rather see it through my house window than my car window.
Katiemay

Postby fone » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Doing some house cleaning, a little Christmas decorating, but otherwise low key things today.

Off to a Christmas dinner party at a local restaurant throw by our financial advisor. (Just reminded me of Rick Moranis trying to invite Sigourney Weaver to his client party in Ghostbusters.) But she's making some money off all the retirement funds we turned over to her to manage, so we figured we might as well take advantage of the perks when they're offered. Our friends are coming as well, so it shouldn't be a bad night at all.

Tomorrow is tree buying day. Almost had Marie convinced to get an artificial tree this year, but she just couldn't go for it. Told her we would buy a small potted real one for the family room downstairs, and that almost swayed her. Maybe after Christmas we'll shop for the fake ones on sale.

Well, have a great rest of the weekend y'all.
Go down in your own way
And everyday is the right day
And as you rise above the fear lines in his frown
You look down
Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd
fone
The Sage

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Hey dudes. We're likely tree shopping tomorrow too. Had a disc golf plan this morning that I cancelled, cuz my discs are in my trunk ... at the mechanic's. Blown head gasket. Gig tonight thank God.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:07 am

SO FUCKING JACKED after Michigan State took down Ohio State. Was terrified the entire 4th quarter. Been pounding jack and cokes and beers the entire game. A perfect Saturday...just made my entire week. Go State!

El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:35 am

Jeebus that's Saturday for ya. I'm kinda drunk. Really I was feeling mostly soberish but then opened that one more beer and it feels more drunk, just from the decision to crack open this last one.

Just finished my gig and got home and drank a beer and opened another one. Played even more guitar for like. An hour maybe. Probably more like 35, 40 minutes.

I got my car back today and I'll be damned if I'm not downright annoyed at how easily my interior fogs up.
:think:
I mean, I guess it's not related to the whole blown head gasket thing, but it's hard to focus on driving well when your windows insist on getting all crazy foggy. Gonna talk to the mechanic, he has my other key still and I owe him all the money for the head gasket job anyway.

So, shit. Clutch people I swear to God they will change your life.

hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:22 pm

Hello Saturday, my old friend.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby ladyphish » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:13 am

it's been a busy 24 hours! I was up painting the girls' bathroom until 2 a.m. this morning. Then today I spent several more hours applying a stone veneer to the top of the shower to cover up some moisture that had ruined the drywall surrounding it. Everything looks really great so far! Tomorrow I still have to install a lighted makeup mirror, a small cabinet, a towel rack, and organize her cabinets and drawers. I really hope she likes everything that I've done because it's been a surprise that I've been working on since Thursday. I am so incredibly sore right now! I'm trying to muster up the energy to do the organizing tonight leaving installation only for tomorrow. I don't know, I'm feeling pretty spent and I'm pretty comfortable laying in this bed. Feels good though. I love completing a job well done!
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby willbreathes » Sat May 03, 2014 12:49 pm

wooooo0ooooot.!!!!juan!!!!
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion