Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad PreQuel)

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad PreQuel)

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:22 pm

^Yeah, the Saul part is just a slow build at this point but it seems that every season has started slow they went into hyperdrive for the last half. As for Chuck, I'd imagine he could hire someone to handle a smear ad or something but, otherwise, I can't think of what else he'll do.
El Bastarde

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Katiemay » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:25 pm

I don't know about the public smear campaign. He's definitely trying to bring him down professionaly, but I don't think it will be something so overt. I agree that he's using Ernesto to tell Jimmy, leading to jimmy doing something stupid. He's setting him up to be his own downfall.

The stuff with Mike was brilliant. Made me feel a giddy satisfaction to watch it all come together. I want it to lead to Fring. Seems like Gus would appreciate the restrained genius it took to find him, making him want to hire Mike on. But I know better than to expect something so obvious. And I'm sure I'll be much more satisfied with what the writers have in store.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:08 pm

I agree that he's using Ernesto to tell Jimmy, leading to jimmy doing something stupid. He's setting him up to be his own downfall.

You nailed it. Chuck had it hook, line and sinker. The last scene was actually a lil humorous in how we got to see Hamlin awkwardly climbing over fences and then saw them agree to not have a PI during the day right before Jimmy starts pounding the door. Part of me wonders is if this is maybe what leads to his name-change...the Jimmy McGill name is too tainted to use anymore.

Another series of scenes with Mike where he doesn't say much at all and still killed it. And yes, it looks like Mike could maybe get a job offer soon but probably not TOO soon. Mike's still in this non-killing mode and it may take something to "bring him to the dark side" like in BB. Loved the "dark Gus" look at the end of the restaurant scene.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Mon May 08, 2017 9:48 pm

I'm glad this thread hasn't moved since episode one. I don't want to be tempted to read it. I have only seen 1 & 2 and I'm dying to watch the rest. Hoping soon to open up some more ways to see the episodes.

Gus!!!
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Tue May 09, 2017 2:16 pm

Hoping soon to open up some more ways to see the episodes.

There's always torrents.

And, wow, the last two episodes have been fantastic. Last night was a doozy. Show's really picked up.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Yes, Chuck McGill erupting was amazing!
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 pm

^Was a long time coming there, especially with him being in denial about his mental illness. Loved how Jimmy did the trick with the battery which wasn't the first time we've they'd "tricked" Chuck with electric devices. These episodes are so well done.
El Bastarde

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion