Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad PreQuel)

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad PreQuel)

Postby Katiemay » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:04 pm

El Bastarde wrote:
[i]Just realized while watching the last episode that Nacho's dad's place is where Walt's meth lab is(?)

Really?? I never noticed.

Strike that. I don't think it is now. The business where the meth lab was was a commercial laundry. This is an upholstery business. I get confused by textile related businesses.

Upon looking for clarification, I read this:
http://screenrant.com/better-call-saul-breaking-bad-connections-easter-eggs-references-crossover/
Some are obvious but others I had no idea about. Certainly not all inclusive, especially since it's only through season 2, but still neat and shows further how much thought goes into even the small details.
Katiemay

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:58 pm

^Yeah, I've read a few of those but had no clue about Nacho being mentioned by Saul in that one scene. Cool stuff.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:08 am

Maybe Nacho's dads place is where Walt finally dies at the end of BB? Because meth was definitely being cooked there.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby ghost » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Like Breaking Bad, I didn't watch this when it first aired. In the past month or two, I watched seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix and then watched season 3 online. As you've all said, it's great. Same as the others, this sentence also has a comma. Kim is a good, normal/strong female character. I don't think Breaking Bad had any female characters like that? It's interesting to read through this thread before posting and see all the different reactions to individual episodes and storylines. The writing for the show keeps you wondering and guessing all along the way. I'm looking forward to the next season. So Chuck is definitely going to die in that fire? How will it affect Jimmy? How long are Kim and Jimmy going to last? What is it that ultimately ends their relationship? Does Jimmy ever get back to being a lawyer as James McGill or will he be Saul Goodman when the year suspension is up? Mike? Gus? Hector? Nacho? Tuco? It's fun to watch for Breaking Bad links in the epsiodes.
ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Katiemay wrote:
El Bastarde wrote:
[i]Just realized while watching the last episode that Nacho's dad's place is where Walt's meth lab is(?)

Really?? I never noticed.

Strike that. I don't think it is now. The business where the meth lab was was a commercial laundry. This is an upholstery business. I get confused by textile related businesses.

In Season 3 Episode 6 of BCS, Gus goes to and looks around the for sale commercial laundry.

EDIT: With Lydia

willbreathes wrote:Maybe Nacho's dads place is where Walt finally dies at the end of BB? Because meth was definitely being cooked there.

The place where Walt dies is the bad guy meth lab at their bad guy base out in the desert.
ghost
Human Being

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Yay, welcome aboard. I didn't start watching BB until the very last episodes were airing so you're still better than I am.

Kim is a good, normal/strong female character. I don't think Breaking Bad had any female characters like that?

People seem to hate her because she acts like a normal person would but I thought Skylar held her own pretty good in BB. She's not on Kim's level but she definitely took the bull by the horns in dealing with many issues like the laundering and dealing with the douche she cheated with.

So Chuck is definitely going to die in that fire? How will it affect Jimmy?

Sure seemed like it but I thought when Chuck nailed his head at the end of Season 2, I thought that'd be super-serious and it kinda wasn't. Either way, that scene of watching his illness unravel on him was hard to watch.

Does Jimmy ever get back to being a lawyer as James McGill or will he be Saul Goodman when the year suspension is up?

I have a feeling that "Saul Goodman" won't show up until the end of the show...this show feels like it's his transformation into that and when he "becomes Saul" is when the show ends and it moves onto BB.

In Season 3 Episode 6 of BCS, Gus goes to and looks around the for sale commercial laundry.
EDIT: With Lydia

I was pumped to see Lydia...she was an interesting character but it felt like we didn't get enough of her in the end of BB.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:57 pm

El Bastarde wrote:Kim is a good, normal/strong female character. I don't think Breaking Bad had any female characters like that?

People seem to hate her because she acts like a normal person would but I thought Skylar held her own pretty good in BB. She's not on Kim's level but she definitely took the bull by the horns in dealing with many issues like the laundering and dealing with the douche she cheated with.

Kim gets hate? I guess people will find a reason to hate anyone, but I don't get it. She's an amazing character on many levels. I've come to sort of idolize her and her ever perfect ponytail while I'm watching. Kim is very likely one of my favorite female lead characters ever. She's the perfect anti-Jimmy.

I wrestled with my feelings about Skylar early on but, ultimately, I realized she was exactly everything she should have been.

My opinion is that Chuck dies in the fire. I think his story and its purpose for Jimmy's character development are done. However, I hope I'm wrong because I love watching Michael McKean play him.

This thread has me jonesing for some BCS. When's it back?
Ugh. Not until September! It just started filming, like last week.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:35 pm

Kim gets hate? I guess people will find a reason to hate anyone, but I don't get it.

No, I was referring to people hating on Skylar, not Kim. I thought Skylar got a bad rap since, outside of the cheating thing, she handled Walt about as well as anyone can be expected to. She really had little choice in a lot of what she had to do.

As for Kim, she's a great character so I agree with everyone you said on her. She's easily one of the most interesting things the show has going. She's always been trying to things straight but I see Jimmy dragging her to the dark side and I wonder if it'll submarine her career before it's all over.

My opinion is that Chuck dies in the fire. I think his story and its purpose for Jimmy's character development are done.

I kind of agree. Chuck's war against Jimmy is over and he's basically been pushed out and has nothing really left. Plus Chuck's death would be a big catalyst for Jimmy to end this attempted nice-guy streak he's been doing.

This thread has me jonesing for some BCS. When's it back?

I know. Without Game of Thrones, I don't watch much of any shows. I should maybe start watching something else but, meh...it's hard to drum up the motivation.
El Bastarde

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion