Fantasy Football 2016

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Fantasy Football 2016

Postby Harpua » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:14 pm

I play Golgi Packeratus this week. Aaron Rodgers + Ty Montgomery playing against Cincinnati = a ton of points. I was projected to lose the first two games pretty solidly, and won. I am project to win this week, but if I were a betting man I would take Golgi.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby GratefulPhish » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:47 pm

Holla at your boy Todd Gurley! I'm a Gurley man baby!

Thought he was gonna get a 4th TD at the end to blow the spread too :lol:
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby Buster » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:31 pm

My guys better get the fuck out of the cellar this week.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby marley » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:45 pm

^ oh no. it's ok if they stay there! :wave:
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby GratefulPhish » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:30 am

Good game Steve, thought this was a gimme after Gurley's game. Apparently the Raiders are a lot worse than I thought. Or maybe the Skins are better than I think, either way screw the Raiders.
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby Harpua » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:38 pm

Holy sh*tballs, that game was way closer than it should have been.
- Ravens had been the most productive defense through the first two, so naturally in week three they put up ("down" might be more accurate) -4 points. NEGATIVE!

-I got cute and it almost cost me the game. Jay Cutler has been a wildcard his entire career. I watched Jay every week for the better part of 8 seasons, so I knew that Jay was a really risky start, but it was against the Jets, and Jay is back with Pace, who was calling the plays when Jay had his best season. Mariota and Prescott both outscored him.

- It wasn't Ty Montgomery that almost killed me, it was Larry Fitzgerald. I am in no way surprised that Fitzgerald had a big game. He is a bit long in the tooth, but is still a fantastic player. If Palmer and Fitzgerald would have connected in the end zone on that last drive, I would have lost by 2-3 points.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
- Sean got his first win. He has the second most points on the season as of right now, but he has seen the toughest opponents so far.

- Saxon Dogs have scored the fewest points so far, and are amazingly 2-1. His opponents average 33 fewer points per game than Sean's opponents do.

- Joffery has a middle of the pack team, but is still undefeated. In week three, Joffery beat the only team in the league that he could have beaten. Two times in three weeks, he has been a bottom 3 in scoring.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:57 pm

Good game Steve, thought this was a gimme after Gurley's game. Apparently the Raiders are a lot worse than I thought. Or maybe the Skins are better than I think, either way screw the Raiders.

Kinda makes sense given I lost the first two weeks by a combined 4 points...so of course I pull my first win out of my ass. I found it humorous that we both had multiple players going into Sunday night and they all collectively shit the bed.

Oh well, I'll take it.
El Bastarde

Postby GratefulPhish » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:10 am

rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby Harpua » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Good game, Buster. That one was a nail biter all the way down to the wire.

I actually owe this win to Joffery. After the -4 game by the Ravens' D, I put a waiver claim on Cincinnati's D, because they gave the Packers headaches the week before and were playing the Browns. I had 2nd priority on waivers. Joffery had first and claimed them, meaning I had to go with plan B. That proved to be the difference.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Buster » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:04 pm

^I believe the difference is that my guys are fuckin' Gutter Punks and they like it there.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:06 pm

Jeez, I didn't think Jacquizz Rodgers would be out of favor of Tampa so quickly...and yet he played like the entire last drive for some reason. I'm just making one bad move after another this year. Thanks to the fantasy dud from Brady, I'm likely not in great shape. Oh well.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:09 am

With this weeks win, I have won more games than I was supposed to win all season, but moving forward I must play without my #1 receiver! OBJ (or ODB) broke his ankle. My number one pick is out for the season. Oh yeah, and a real human being was seriously injured.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:40 pm

but moving forward I must play without my #1 receiver! OBJ (or ODB) broke his ankle.

Oh, boo hoo. Now you'll only score 120 instead of 130 every week. :mrgreen: My team's just a dumpster fire for now. And, in my work league, I managed to lose by 0.18 points. Especially bad when I saw a LeGarrette Blount TD that would have won it get called back on a holding penalty.

Oh yeah, and a real human being was seriously injured.

He's a millionaire. He'll be fine.
El Bastarde

Postby GratefulPhish » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:36 pm

Deshaun Watson let's gooo! Picked him up in my other league too and didn't have the guts to start him yet and that bit me in the ass. Sorry to those too sensitive to take it but OBJ is such a primadonna, him "crying" like that was ridiculous. He's made millions.
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby Harpua » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:20 am

I just felt callous talking about a person like he was a trading card. I just want to keep winning. I am far more concerned about my team than I am his health or finances.

~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:11 pm

Deshaun Watson let's gooo! Picked him up in my other league too and didn't have the guts to start him yet and that bit me in the ass.

I did too but I have Brady so I'll likely never play him. I regretted it this week since I lost in that league by such a close score.

Sorry to those too sensitive to take it but OBJ is such a primadonna, him "crying" like that was ridiculous.

I don't think it's the money for his crying...was more of a combination of a lot of pain combined with him being worried he'll never be the same again or just being bummed how, after all the rehab he just did, he has to do it again. I'll give him a pass on that part of it.
El Bastarde

Postby Buster » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:31 am

The Elite are going down. Soon.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby Harpua » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:54 pm

^ Yep, Carson Wentz killed me. One of the previously undefeated teams will be 6 - 2 by the end of this week. I hope it is not me!

Good pickup with Cooper. Since Alshon had #1 waiver priority, I assumed that he would have picked him up. After watching Carr connect with cooper last week, I imagine we will see his numbers be consistently higher than what they had been earlier this season... but who knows.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Good pickup with Cooper. Since Alshon had #1 waiver priority, I assumed that he would have picked him up. After watching Carr connect with cooper last week, I imagine we will see his numbers be consistently higher than what they had been earlier this season...

I tried to get Cooper too since I'm in bye week WR hell this week but Cooper is about what he was last year. Does nothing for two/three weeks, then blows up for a week to get everyone invested again. He's 2017's version of Lee Evans. And yet I'll bet next year he'll still somehow be ranked above Crabtree in fantasy again.
El Bastarde

Postby GratefulPhish » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Almost pulled off the upset of the century against Sean, but doesn't look like it's gonna happen

And two of my wrs combined for 1 point

I need wideouts bad, let's make a deal
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby GratefulPhish » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Holy crap, I just checked and the upset of the century did indeed happen. I didn't watch the KC game, but happy belated to seanerz and your gift is a big fat loss. Somehow. Bow to Deshaun Watson baby.
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:51 pm

^I have both Brady and Watson in another league and started Brady because heaven forbid I think a rookie will throw for 400yds on Seattle. Strangely, I can't trade the kid so he'll be the guy going forward.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:13 pm

GratefulPhish wrote:Holy crap, I just checked and the upset of the century did indeed happen. I didn't watch the KC game, but happy belated to seanerz and your gift is a big fat loss. Somehow. Bow to Deshaun Watson baby.

Thank you Levi!

As for the big fat loss? You get your ass handed to you every day!
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:55 pm

^I have both Brady and Watson in another league and started Brady because heaven forbid I think a rookie will throw for 400yds on Seattle. Strangely, I can't trade the kid so he'll be the guy going forward.

And now I don't even get to play him. Kinda sucks but do still have Brady...
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:10 pm

And then I don't start a TE... fuck.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion