Will you get it?

What happens next?

Will Summer Tour be canceled?
ghost
Human Being

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: ***Coronavirus***

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:15 pm

Been working from home sent Monday here. Hoping the govt doesn't send everyone home like in NY and CA but everyone keeps copying everyone else so that's about the only thing I'm really worried about. Feels like the restrictions are harming more people than the virus.

I've worked from home before so it's no big deal but it sucks with no sports and practically everything cancelled for now. Gotta hope the country just starts going crazy after about two weeks of this stuff and people and businesses really put pressure on those in charge to lessen the restrictions...I can't imagine folks accepting this for much longer.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:33 pm

It certainly has to be the biggest mind fuck the world has seen in anyone's lifetime. Nothing is certain, nothing is 'normal.' So much upheaval and things changing by the minute. Yet, in all the chaos, for, like 95% of us, it is the most boring, mundane period of time we may ever have. Total. Mind. Fuck.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with it, internally and externally. My way has not been great. Not terrible, but not good either. Lots of anxiety, which has sort of paralyzed me in regards to getting much of anything accomplished beyond basics. Resorting to/depending upon unhealthy coping strategies. But, I'm also totally cool with being isolated and being boring. And I'm working towards getting a handle on wiser uses of my time.

El Bastarde wrote:I've worked from home before so it's no big deal but it sucks with no sports and practically everything cancelled for now. Gotta hope the country just starts going crazy after about two weeks of this stuff and people and businesses really put pressure on those in charge to lessen the restrictions...I can't imagine folks accepting this for much longer.

I really really really hope the country does not start going crazy. Let's think through that. Wait, I already have a few times and it isn't good. I can bet it won't entail a massive movement to call and email to put pressure your representatives. People not accepting things, and collectively going crazy, does not sound like anything anyone should be wanting.

In fact, people need to start practicing collective patience and thoughtfulness (and do it quickly). Too bad that everyone has to stay home for awhile. I am not denying the economic devastation this is causing for many people, and on the larger scale. It's bad. Not much good coming out of this for sure. But what are we going to do now? Just send everyone back out as this thing continues to peak daily? Whether or not you think you'll be fine, or the majority of people will be fine, the health care system cannot handle the people who won't be. It's already bad now, and this is not nearly how bad it could be. Then what?

Stevo, you often have opposing opinions, but I respect you as a smart and sensible person. However, to me, that quote reads as a representation of the thoughts that stupid and selfish people are having right now.

It's just one of the many things I have been speculating on. That Americans, with our flea sized attention spans, cannot just be content. That it's only a matter of days before the "novelty" of staying home wears off and people start ranting about the injustice of having to stay home:
I mean, how many indoor Instagram pics can one person take?
I know I just stocked up on 3 months worth of food, but I don't want to cook any of it!
Summer is coming and I need to go tanning before the sun will brown my skin naturally!
It's my birthday and I can't have a drink at a bar to celebrate with my friends?!?!
My children didn't get to go to Myrtle Beach for spring break and now you're saying I can't even bring them to Chuck E. Cheese?!
Let me speak to your manager!

Sorry, this is about as much as I've ranted throughout all this. I'm cranky today, and unloaded about a half percent of what's been on my mind. Not even. I'm being unnecessarily hateful. I apologize for going off. There are just so many people in, or facing, dire situations right now, seems to me that staying inside with every imaginable comfort in the modern universe should be the least of anyone's problems.

P.S. I know I am lucky enough that I live somewhere I can take walks with no one else around. And that I have a car, which has helped me stock up, and I can at least go for a drive if need be. Grateful for what I have.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:00 pm

Yo guys.

No offense Stevo but I agree 100% w/Katiemay regardless of level of crankiness ... I myself am worn out from arguing the same points. I've argued with all of my kids for not taking the rules seriously. I've witnessed the debate between others on different message boards. It's exhausting.

There's strong science and math out there (here's a stat - entire nations are CLOSED), suggesting that the critics of the world should just listen. A little reading about the nature of the virus and its spread, and the potential danger in NOT doing what we're doing, is absolutely merited. It snapped me into serious mode. The thing that did it was a comparison chart between the regular flu and this bad boy.

I'm having trouble not judging two groups (and I clearly have a long way to go): 1) those that want to roundly criticize the govt response, and 2) those that have so much TP and staple foods in their stockpile that they must feel reaaally good about themselves huh, bet you feel reaaaaal good about yourselves

I'm playing as much disc golf as the wife will allow, and trying to finally address long neglected 'honey-do' items, but I have to admit I too am cranky and depressed, and not quite as productive as I'd like to be so far. My job is a big question mark, like lots of people I'm sure. I process payroll for about seven companies or something, so I don't know if I will have trouble there. RI is rumored to shut down and I might need some kind of special permission to continue work. I can't do all of it from home but people need to get paid. My night job is simply off; gigs are cancelled.

Hope you guys have support and supplies, and that it bypasses you and yours!

And HELL YES LET'S GET TO SUMMER TOUR AND NOT CANCEL THAT SHIT! I don't need a Curveball rerun.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:52 pm

I think Ohio has handled this very well. The highest concentration is in my county. It is worrisome, not so much for me, but my parents and my grampa who is still kicking around.

"Everything" has been closed for almost 2 weeks. And as someone who likes to go out, it is tough at times.

But what I am seeing over in Europe, I really believe we made the right move. Hospitals are a disaster site over there.

It sucks, but if "nothing" happens, that's a good thing.

Back into splendid isolation I go.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Skells » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Hey Will!

willbreathes wrote:I think Ohio has handled this very well. The highest concentration is in my county. It is worrisome, not so much for me, but my parents and my grampa who is still kicking around.

"Everything" has been closed for almost 2 weeks. And as someone who likes to go out, it is tough at times.

But what I am seeing over in Europe, I really believe we made the right move. Hospitals are a disaster site over there.

Skells

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:00 pm

Still hanging at home here these days. Outside of stuff being closed it seems like most places are still doing takeout and groceries have been in decent shape. Even the dispensaries are still up and I got some "curbside pickup" yesterday. Watching the Tiger King doc and I mostly watch old sports games and play video games.

Hang in there, folks.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:13 pm

Skells wrote:Hey Will!

willbreathes wrote:I think Ohio has handled this very well. The highest concentration is in my county. It is worrisome, not so much for me, but my parents and my grampa who is still kicking around.

Dude! Timmy!
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Return to Non-Phish Discussion