Vinyl?

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Vinyl?

Postby GratefulPhish » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:45 pm

got any book recs for learning about this stuff Glenn? I really know next to nothing (unfortunately there aren't too many opportunities for hands-on learning in this realm) but would love to educate myself more
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby henrietta » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:06 pm

GratefulPhish wrote:got any book recs for learning about this stuff Glenn? I really know next to nothing (unfortunately there aren't too many opportunities for hands-on learning in this realm) but would love to educate myself more

Here's a start.........

www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/things-you-sh ... collection

http://secretstashrecords.com/beginners-guide-to-vinyl/
henrietta

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:33 am

Record Store Day is on Saturday, April 18 and Clutch is releasing a special edition, colored vinyl version of From Beale Street To Oblivion. This double LP has never before been available on vinyl and it contains one of Clutch’s classic fan-favorite tracks: “Electric Worry”. The album was re-mastered for this release and comes in a classic gatefold package.

From Beale Street To Oblivion was the first studio product released by Clutch on their own Weathermaker Music label. L...
See More

Can't freaking wait for this.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Brother » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:31 pm

My record player is from the 80s and it's losing its durability. With some records, it just cuts out and gets very quiet but maintains a loud, bassy buzzing noise. I think it's a wiring issue between the phonograph and the receiver, because when I take the time to push the wires in a little more firmly it usually works. It also seems to be less of a problem with newer and clean records. I don't know...I want a new one but it's pricey $$$ and I don't make much money.

I want something very simple. I don't need any digital components. I don't know if direct-drive or belt-driven is better for me. I would like something that will last for a long time and produce average/typical sound quality. Any suggestions? I've looked around, but then I look at prices and decide to just go home and force my player to keep working.
Brother

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:22 pm

I say scour the craigslists and want advertisers for someone either giving one away or selling their ex-husband's on the cheap. You described one of my two record players pretty well; maybe I should get it fixed or look for a cheap replacement myself.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Phinst » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:59 pm

...Dip a ladle for a taste of her creation...& she knew that what she made...
would be the Finest in the Nation....

2017: Chicago x2: Dayton>Pittsburgh
Phinst

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:03 pm

^Kinda kills the fun of it, doesn't it?
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:23 am

^Yeah I agree, that's what CDs are for! I like records because that friction is essential to the experience. I am somehow comforted knowing that I am destroying my possessions by simply using them.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Brother » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:05 pm

I have fallen into a dark hole of buying new and used records online. Currently I'm collecting John Hartford records and other old-time and bluegrass albums that pique my interests like this Sam Bush one I ordered and also an old time fiddle tune record with Jethro Burns on mandolin. I know I need to stop but there's this John Hartford string band record I want and then another one he does called Speed of the Old Long Bow with all these dope fiddle tunes. I mean I'm gonna get it eventually. Why not now?
Brother

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:16 pm

and then another one he does called Speed of the Old Long Bow

With a name like that, how can you resist?
El Bastarde

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion