Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:01 pm

Mornin' Pa! My name is hosemasteflex.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Katiemay » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Namaste, hosemaste. (My iPad autocompletes Hosemasterflex!?) Greetings, Pa. Good Sunday afternoon. It should be morning, but I went back to sleep at 8am instead of getting up.

After going out the last few days in these extreme temps, I am treating myself to a full day at home. Going to do Sunday freezing temps activities, like make banana bread and pot roast, and regular every weekend chores like laundry and bill paying.

Today, the deep freeze finally breaks! Rejoice and be glad.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Oops haha! Typo'd. Namstay Katiemay =)

hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ghost » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Good morning. It sure is nice to log on and click "View new posts" and see a long list with no spam. Way to be, everyone.

This is from the Star Wars thread:
El Bastarde wrote:I actually had a list of "things I didn't like" but I kept getting kicked/banned from OKP for a half-hour when I'd post them. I still have no clue why it wouldn't work.

On someone's birthday when I search for all the birthday threads they've had and then include those in a happy birthday post, I get kicked/banned too. Even when I remember and copy the post before submitting to try again later, I'm locked out for so long that I forget or it never works anyway. So sorry Goldenroad, Ubiquitous Smokey, and Funky Begonia. Those are the ones that got messed up lately.
ghost
Human Being

Postby marley » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Good morning OKP!!!! My first day back at work after a few weeks off, so it's looking like another few pots of coffee to get my chunky butt in gear!!!! Here's to a good 2018, where I hope to get the SBD's from Big Cypress!
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby TanasRoot » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:19 pm

marley wrote:Good morning OKP!!!! My first day back at work after a few weeks off, so it's looking like another few pots of coffee to get my chunky butt in gear!!!! Here's to a good 2018, where I hope to get the SBD's from Big Cypress!

i see you won the OKP fantasy football so you deserve a reward sean :)

its Exorcist foggy in DC this am :twisted: :lol:
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 pm

On someone's birthday when I search for all the birthday threads they've had and then include those in a happy birthday post, I get kicked/banned too.

Yeah, we were getting kicked for posting links in the chat a few times too. Lots of strange filters around here.

Anyway, I got me a new Prius to replace my smashed-up Civic. It's just loaded with tech and has crazy mileage and I'm like a kid in a candy store with that thing. Got my free XM for 3 months too so I'm all over the jamband, GD, Beatles and Elvis channels.

Could have a potential small-time jamband fest this weekend as The Werks is here on Friday and Spafford is here on Saturday. I'm not locked into seeing either but there's good potential for some fun. Leaning more towards the Friday show with football on Saturday night.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:33 pm

El Bastarde wrote:
Anyway, I got me a new Prius to replace my smashed-up Civic. It's just loaded with tech and has crazy mileage and I'm like a kid in a candy store with that thing. Got my free XM for 3 months too so I'm all over the jamband, GD, Beatles and Elvis channels.

You will not regret getting a Prius. I went from an Olds 98 Regency (which was an absurd car) to a Prius C in 2014, and I have never looked aback. I was a bit worried about how it would handle in the winter, but it handles fine. I get 55 MPG in the summer / 40 MPG in the winter, so on average it saves me about $2 a day in gas.

Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:52 pm

^Oh, I had a Civic Hybrid before this so I was already on board with saving gas but that was a 2009 and, after 9 years between cars, the tech is so much better. Even with it being winter, I'm getting 48/49 mpg on my commute...it's got a silly trip odometer which shows you your mileage live and even "grades" the trip based on how economic you drove...best I've gotten is a 53/100 but it seems to think that's good as I get positive remarks from it. I don't take it that seriously and I'm going to drive how I want but it's a fun thing little quirk that gives me a chuckle.

I drove it through the snow for the first time today and it's no worse than anything else. It's snowy as hell but I'm already downtown and at work so I'm be hitting The Werks tonight for sure since it's not far from here. Of course, I smashed my Civic while driving home in snowy conditions on a Friday night after a concert so it looks like I get to face the demons real quick. I'll probably be driving like a granny the whole way home. Wish me luck!

Your Friday Song:
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Good Friday Morning OKP!!!! Have a colloquia today (listen to a law professor present an unfinished paper and give input), then looking forward to a long weekend. Have some playoff football, MSU hoops tomorrow, then see The Post on Monday.

Be well, OKP!!!
marley
West Side Wook

Postby ghost » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Good morning.

Sean, no nodding off during what is sure to be a riveting presentation.

Stevo, thumbs up on the new car. Have fun at the show tonight. Good vibes for safe travels on the way home. I like the Do You Feel Like We Do in that Werks link.

Jamie was home sick Monday and Tuesday. Wyatt and Wesley were home sick Wednesday and Thursday. Today it's back to just me being home.
ghost
Human Being

Postby Katiemay » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Good morning Oh Kee Pa. We have surely had an interesting weather week. It was 60 yesterday. 60 degrees on January 12th. It had rained all night Thursday, with a low of only around 50, so most of the snow melted away. Then, just as magically as the snow melted away on Thursday, it magically appeared again overnight last night. I'd say there's at least 6-8 inches on top of a quarter inch of freezing rain that fell before it. Back to a low of -13 tonight and a high of 9 tomorrow.

I prepared to not leave the house today and that continues to be the plan. Maybe I'll do some binge watching. Maybe not. Is there a Black Mirror thread here? I can't recall if I have discussed the show here or not. I suppose I can search that. I'm just typing as I think. Stream of consciousness'd. Calling all Black Mirror fans! That show is the shiz.

Hope Stevo isn't lying in a ditch somewhere.
Katiemay

Postby TanasRoot » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Katiemay wrote: Is there a Black Mirror thread here? I can't recall if I have discussed the show here or not. I suppose I can search that. I'm just typing as I think. Stream of consciousness'd. Calling all Black Mirror fans! That show is the shiz.

Hope Stevo isn't lying in a ditch somewhere.

this is so jaded but i really dig the first 2 seasons but less so the next two. although i'm a living "Nosedive"... i'm constantly flirting with a terrible Uber rating... maybe i smell like weed too much :lol:
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:06 pm

Stevo, thumbs up on the new car. Have fun at the show tonight. Good vibes for safe travels on the way home. I like the Do You Feel Like We Do in that Werks link.

It's funny since, much like the concert where I totaled the Civic, it was a Friday night and I drove home around 2am on the same road. I even passed by the intersection where I had the accident along the way. Then, less that two miles after that, I hit a huge pothole and it blows my tire and I have to get home on a flat. No big deal, but it was kind of weird having another incident in the same situation on the same day on the same road with a car that wasn't even a week old. Maybe I'll just avoid that road for a while...

The Werks were great too. Had front row left side and got to watch Chris Houser tearing up that guitar all night. What a treat.

Pretty pumped that David Byrne is coming to town in August with his new tour...he's on my bucket list of acts I need to see so I'll be trying to get tix tomorrow.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Dead & Co are playing here in Chula Vista in July, which is sort of like San Diego's version of Pine Knob, or whatever its' called these days. I love outdoor summer shows!
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:46 pm

^Yeah, they played Pine Knob two summers ago and have skipped us the last two summer tours, though they came for an indoor show in Thanksgiving so I can't complain too much. There's just something about Dead music outdoors that just feels right.

Got my David Byrne tix...last row in the balcony. Sounds shitty but I'll be able to stand without any complaints from folks behind me so it's all good. I'm glad I didn't want any actual good seats since Ticketmaster froze right when the tickets went on sale then, by the time I got the seat map to load, it was cleaned out with only a few seats here and there and barely any together. Had it time out multiple times once I selected my seats too but thankfully last row isn't in high demand. It's 2018...I thought we were done with the days of these pages not loading. Though I do like that TM is letting you pick you individual seats with more and more shows these days.

Looking forward to doing nothing and watching football this weekend. Got the Pats and Eagles. It just seems TOO perfect for Minnesota to make it this year since something always goes wrong...plus it felt like they "won their Super Bowl" last week with the miracle win.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:45 pm

Mornin, Pa. Another Sunday. Another pile of the same old shit to get done before the start of another week of work. Same as it ever was.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/w5Fgp-KihIA[/youtube]

Hr5!@@&(;$@//g:7$?!!!!!!! Why is it so difficult to post a YouTube link around here? What is the magical secret to it again? Something with where the period goes or the s. I've tried 6-7 different combinations.
Last edited by Katiemay on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katiemay

Postby ghost » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Good morning. Lazy Sunday. 70 degrees. The cold doesn't last long here. Just a few days at a time.

To post Youtube links, take the s off the end of http.

I'm interested to see how Tom Brady throws the ball today.
ghost
Human Being

Postby Katiemay » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:38 pm

I took the 's' off. I thought that was it and it was one of the first things I tried. I'm using the link for sharing the video, is that the correct one?
Katiemay

Postby ghost » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:35 pm

I copy the address directly from the address bar. Then I take the s off http.

ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:08 pm

I cannot properly articulate how disappointed I am that the Patriots are in the Super Bowl again. Dynasties aren't interesting (unless it's my team...because that's how sports work). I was hoping for Vikings / Jags, got the exact opposite. The Eagles have a good team, but The Patriots are The Patriots.

Tedeschi Trucks Band next weekend. :thumbup:

I'm liking the rumored summer dates. If The Gorge is a "go", I will be there, for sure!
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby ladyphish » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:36 am

Morning :wave:
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby marley » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:55 pm

:yawn:
marley
West Side Wook

Postby phishinsky » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:19 pm

marley wrote:Good morning OKP!!!! My first day back at work after a few weeks off, so it's looking like another few pots of coffee to get my chunky butt in gear!!!! Here's to a good 2018, where I hope to get the SBD's from Big Cypress!

I've got the CD's, not sure that'll help? :)
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:03 pm

I've got the CD's, not sure that'll help? :)

Me too. All 13 of them.
El Bastarde

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion