Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby marley » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:05 pm

El Bastarde wrote:And, am I the only one who doesn't get this uproar over the new tax plan. Basically everyone saves money from this thing. Is it folks whining simply because it's the Republican's plan?

Eh, I see it as another form of trickle down economics, and having lived through both, can tell you exactly what will happen: 7 years of a bubble, followed by a crash, followed by a bailout. It happened under Regan and W. It's not a very sound economic plan, IMO.

Also, with unemployment being this low, why do this now? It's almost inevitable that we'll have a recession soon, so I think it'd be better to wait until the recession hits, then move forward with this plan.

I can't get beyond the fact it's an attempt at the Republicans to get something done so they can say "we passed major legislation!!!" The Republicans are in tatters and are grasping at straws.
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harpua » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:40 pm

El Bastarde wrote:
And, call me crazy for not using people from a backwater state like Alabama as the litmus test for the rest of humanity.

Hence - "took a step toward restoring some of my faith in humanity."

I think what will restore my faith in humanity, is when CBS cancels Young Sheldon due to low viewership.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:43 pm

I think what will restore my faith in humanity, is when CBS cancels Young Sheldon due to low viewership.

LOL. Still blow me away how some shows get green-lit these days. I'll be happy when I'm able to get through a commercial break where I don't hear an Imagine Dragons song in one of the ads.

So, I may have totalled my car on Friday Night. Had a great time at Griz Band on Friday night (13-piece band!, did mostly pure funk all night) and then had an accident while was driving home. Conditions were a little slippery when I guess the other car had their brakes lock up and flew threw a red light as I was crossing the intersection. I didn't see or hear them at all so I'm just driving straight through the green at 45mph and nailed their SUV head on. Car spun into a complete 180 and was facing the other way and came to a stop in the middle of the intersection...It happened so damn fast where I was just driving and then suddenly I'm sitting there with an airbag in my face.

I did a "damage check" of myself and was stunned that nothing seemed to be damaged but I was really shook up and shaking. Had to crawl out the passenger side to get out. The other car had apparently continued on and hit a snowbank. The driver was okay but it was a really scary moment when the girl the passenger seat was out for about five minutes before she came to. Turns out my sternum is hurting likely from hitting the airbag and my ankle hurts a lil, I have a random scrape on my hip which I don't know how I got and my body in general just feels stiff and beat up, likely due to whiplash or something. Otherwise I'm okay.

Nice to have one of these more modern cars...was surprised how much the actual car cabin was intact. I'm likely in the market for a new car but it's good to be alive.

Also saw the new Star Wars on Sunday. Was pleased that the movie had a few legit surprises that I certainly didn't expect. There were a few clumsy or circumstantial things at points and it maybe went too long but the dramatic scenes were really well done.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:58 pm

YOWZA!!!! Hope you're ok Steve!!!
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby Phinst » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:31 pm

wow! Glad to see you weren't hurt that badly and that no legal trouble came from this. I know for me after leaving a concert weather it was my fault or not I would be a little worried
...Dip a ladle for a taste of her creation...& she knew that what she made...
would be the Finest in the Nation....

2017: Chicago x2: Dayton>Pittsburgh
Phinst

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:12 am

Wowza Steve. Love that you're okay/ love the casual oh I saw Star Wars, lol.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Thanks for the well-wishes guys. I feel better now after a few days but my sternum still hurts so I'm seeing a doctor on it but I doubt it's anything serious. Only problem with hurting your chest is you realize that it hurts for ANYTHING you do. Moving your arms, pulling things, pushing things, deep breaths, sneezes, coughs, etc...it all makes it hurt. I've pulled a chest muscle before and it was a similar thing where it's really hard to move at all without it hurting. Luckily it's not too bad.

I know for me after leaving a concert weather it was my fault or not I would be a little worried

I'm usually pretty good for shows where I'm driving. I had a few beers when I first got there then cut myself off for the rest of the show so I was pretty sober by the time it ended. Even if they tested me, I'm pretty sure I would have passed. Only scary part was I had a pipe in the car which I stuffed into my pocket soon after but the cops never checked anything. In fact, they didn't even ask where I'd been or inquire on anything about that despite the fact that it was around 2am...I guess we all looked sober enough and it was pretty clear it was the icy conditions that did it.

love the casual oh I saw Star Wars, lol.

I probably wouldn't have gone but I got the tickets with the parents for a Sunday matinee as an early Christmas gift so I didn't want them to go to waste. Was glad I went since it was pretty enjoyable and was maybe the first time things felt like they got back to normal after the crash. Real cathartic and all that.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:10 pm

^ Fuck! I'm glad glad glad that you're alright! I hope you were able to enjoy your Lions beating my Bears.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby ghost » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Woohoo, Stevo!

I'm super glad that you're OK.
ghost
Human Being

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:26 pm

I hope you were able to enjoy your Lions beating my Bears.

A little. I was sitting there and trying not to move since I was sore and ended up nodding off during the second half. So I guess I did. A lil depressing how Seattle is blowing it but the Lions blew it enough too that we likely won't have a shot in. Kinda of a shitty time for sports. Most of the Bowl Games have been awful and everyone in college basketball are playing creampuffs and the Red Wings suck. At least NBA is humming.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Good morning. Happy Friday. The start of the Christmas weekend.

willbreathes wrote:Image
ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Good morning. I hope you're having a stupendous Saturday.

Is this current calendar line up the best it can be? Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve both fall on Sundays.
ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:28 pm

GMOKP,

I hope you all had a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, stupendous Solstice, and a sensational Saturnalia. Mine was relatively joyous and peaceful, which is just the way I like it.

Work this week is going to be quiet, so even though I do have to work four days this week, it will still feel like I am getting a break.

Who here is going to NYE @ MSG?
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Katiemay » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:19 pm

GAOKP! Jeez, Stevo! Car looks pretty roughed up. Glad you and everyone else involved made it out ok.

Hitting only tomorrow at MSG. I never would have imagined a day would come where I'd only go to the first of a four night run, but I'm (mostly) ok with it. Going to less shows definitely makes me appreciate the ones I'm at much much more.

See you on couch tour!
Katiemay

Postby ghost » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Phish tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couch tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ghost
Human Being

Postby Buster » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:04 am

Katiemay wrote:GAOKP! Jeez, Stevo! Car looks pretty roughed up. Glad you and everyone else involved made it out ok.

Hitting only tomorrow at MSG. I never would have imagined a day would come where I'd only go to the first of a four night run, but I'm (mostly) ok with it. Going to less shows definitely makes me appreciate the ones I'm at much much more.

See you on couch tour!

Getting a great show tonight, Katie!

Couch for me tonight, live tomorrow! So EXCITE! Just one night for myself and Tom but we'll make the most of it! Going to be cold, cold, COLD!
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby Buster » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:04 am

Katiemay wrote:GAOKP! Jeez, Stevo! Car looks pretty roughed up. Glad you and everyone else involved made it out ok.

See you on couch tour!

Couch for me tonight, live tomorrow! So EXCITE! Just one night for myself and Tom but we'll make the most of it! Going to be cold, cold, COLD!
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby phishinsky » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Morning.
It’s freaking cold in Minnesota..
Be well.
Loves!
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:27 pm

G'morning OKP! It's like in the single digits here in RI, we're at the beginning of a solid week of below freezing temps. It's nerve wracking and annoying and paralyzing and depressing, but otherwise - I love it.

Was hoping to read some comments on last night's show, I only read the setlist. Looked reasonably safe and fun to me.

Happy holidays all ye dudes. Spinning 4/2/98 Island Terr right now at work, but realizing it's 12/29... I might spin one of those great 12/29 shows later. Of course there's '94 Providence. But isn't there another great 12/29 show I'm thinking of kinda?
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Man, I clean forgot that Phish was even playing last night...was too busy watching Michigan State whomp Wash St and I clean forgot...I've been so out of the loop on everything lately. Turns out I pulled something in my back on Christmas morning so that's been keeping me stationary for a lot of the week. I need to get a car eventually but it's hard to do anything when you're in pain all the time but it's slowly getting better. Kinda glad that Greensky isn't doing their usual NYE shows here since I probably wouldn't be able to go anyway.

But isn't there another great 12/29 show I'm thinking of kinda?

12/29/95 Woosta. The Real Gin!
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:40 pm

El Bastarde wrote: Kinda glad that Greensky isn't doing their usual NYE shows here

Me too! :wave: :D

That show from last night looks great. I am really looking forward to hearing it!
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Katiemay » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Buster wrote:

See you on couch tour!

Have fun, Dustin! Stay warm!

I found last night's show to be quite a treat. Solid first set. Tight, jamtastic second. The NMINML blew me away. An ambient delight.

Full on recovery mode today. Driving to NYC and back the same day, along with all the walking and dancing (and I fell on the concrete and banged up my knees), takes a toll. I'm wiped today. Well worth it, though.
Katiemay

Postby Katiemay » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:48 pm

GMOKP. Happy new year! Hope you all have a stupendous 2018.
Katiemay

Postby phishinsky » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Mornin.
Loves to all.

Be well in 2018.
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:41 pm

What Is Up Dudes

Feels like I'm the only person in RI working today who's not treating the roads or repairing powerlines ... that's what I get for having an office in the home. And so naturally, I'm on the OKP lol.

Good morning & happy 2018 you dudes.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion