Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:48 am

marley wrote:Good Monday Morning OKP! I was looking at tickets for the Joshua Tree tour here in Sean Diego and am thoroughly pissed off at U2. I'm wondering when U2 sold out? Greedy bastards!

Man, it's hard to know who to blame these days, about ticket prices and the state of the music industry in general. But yeah that sucks. I'm glad I'm not planning to see them, but I am kind of exploring their music lately; The Unforgettable Fire is on my record player right now.

El Bastarde wrote:... I guess I've agreed to see Iron Maiden.

Get around to listening to the good albums yet?

Fear of the Dark! The concert is next month, so I have to kinda rush this along. I only went thru X Factor like four times before moving on. I think the concert's mid July, so I have less than a week per album.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Good Monday Morning OKP! I was looking at tickets for the Joshua Tree tour here in Sean Diego and am thoroughly pissed off at U2. I'm wondering when U2 sold out? Greedy bastards!

I'm even more annoyed. They tour originally wasn't hitting Michigan but then they announced just last week that they were extending it and added a Detroit date at Ford Field...and it's the same fucking weekend as Dick's. Arrrggghh.

Man, it's hard to know who to blame these days, about ticket prices and the state of the music industry in general.

The funniest story locally on that was Bob Segar announcing a concert and it sold out that Wednesday...the only problem was the tickets didn't go on sale until that Saturday. Somehow his fan club got the full allotment of tickets. I have no clue how that happens.

But, yeah, with scalpers these days it seems you've gotta be there right when these things go on sale...and in most cases, I get into the presale since there's always some thread or post where someone puts out the password for it.

I only went thru X Factor like four times before moving on.

You'll likely hear zero songs off this anyway so don't worry too much on it. Only newer stuff I remember being played is off the latest album. The rest was stuff from Fear of the Dark and prior.
El Bastarde

Postby Funky Begonia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 am

Good Day Oh Kee Pa! I was looking at my FB on this day and the album popped up from the first ever OKP Meet up. Thought you guys would like to have a looksie. Hopefully this link works

Wakarusa 2006
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 27a995fc84

good times were had by all!
Funky Begonia
Third Eye Warrior

Postby willbreathes » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Wes Mantooth!
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Good Morning, OKP.

Not much this weekend planned but it's Father's Day so I'll probably be taking Dad to the new Pirates movie. Always up for some Johnny Depp.

Also excited at the rumors of Spafford coming to MI in October. Saw them open for Umphrey's but I'd really like to see them in their own show. Bands just aren't the same when they're opening.

Your Friday Song:

El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Top o' the mornin' to ya, OKP.

Three day weekend for ole Tom. I have already played a round of disc golf (with decent results), and now I am waiting for my coals to heat up. 8-) The weather wizards have conjured up severe weather every day for the past three days, and this storm cycle is supposed to keep on truckin', so I am trying to squeeze as much summer out of this nice day as I can.

If you have the means, I highly recommend picking up Cornell 77. It is so choice. I am generally not a "Dancing in the Streets" guy (in fact I think the song is garbage), but this jam is possibly the best GD jam I have ever heard. Also, this Morning Dew makes me weak in the knees.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby marley » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Do you have the May 5, 7, and 9th shows?

I think I have all of May '77, or just about everything from May '77. Such an epic month of shows!
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby Harpua » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:48 pm

I did not get the four show box set, but all the shows look absolutely epic. That Buffalo show looks particularly enticing.

It is fun hearing Jerry address the audience, even if he is deriding them for crushing the rail riders. This might be the only show I have where he "banters."
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby PardonMe Doug » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:41 pm

marley wrote:Do you have the May 5, 7, and 9th shows?

I think I have all of May '77, or just about everything from May '77. Such an epic month of shows!

5/19 FTW
PardonMe Doug

Postby Harpua » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:48 pm

GMOKP, I am still recovering from Saturday night (my 30th B-Day). The night started out great. Had drinks, then went to a nice Argentine restaurant. We ended up at a German bar where I ordered Das Boot, that's when the wheels fell off. Overall it was a real good time.

I don't know who is watching Twin Peaks: The Return, but it is moving much too slow. I am a huge fan of the first season, Fire Walk with Me, and I enjoyed the second season quite a bit. This new season is very, very poorly paced, bloated with too many characters (most of whom are lacking the charm of the characters in the original run), and what is going on with one of the main characters of the original run is beyond frustrating. There has been ONE episode that I consider good. I think that David Lynch is a wildly creative human being, but maybe he needs a network executive to rein him in a bit, and remind him that even though his vision is important, the show still needs to be somewhat coherent and accessible. Once the season is over I am going to read "The Secret History of Twin Peaks." This book was written by Mark Frost (the co-creator), it fills in some blanks from the last 25 years, and is cannon.
Last edited by Harpua on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby marley » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:33 pm

marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:21 pm

I don't know who is watching Twin Peaks: The Return, but it is moving much too slow. I am a huge fan of the first season, Fire Walk with Me, and I enjoyed the second season quite a bit.

Never been much of a Lynch guy myself. Just usually trying too hard to put weird stuff in with little explanation. Seems to get a little too much credit for creating plots with no ending to them.
El Bastarde

Postby TanasRoot » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:02 pm

oh man i get that its nuts but i'm loving the Twin Peaks return. was and still is a soap opera on all the best and worst of drugs. i think that's a big key: remember to laugh at this shit. yeah its freaky and frustrating but omfg WALLY BRANDO'd :lol: :lol: :lol:

ITS NOT ABOUT THE BUNNY

is it about the bunny?
:crazy: :lol:
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby Harpua » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:42 pm

^ I did laugh at the Wally Brando part, though at first I was gagging and rolling my eyes, that scene has a decent comedic payoff. I also love it any time Lynch is on screen, especially the David Duchovny scene. It is the Dougie Jones stuff that is driving me insane. That has to come to an end...soon.

--GMOKP--

I played hooky yesterday to sit in the bleachers at Wrigley. It was a beautiful day for a ballgame.

Have a good day, everyone!
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby marley » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Good Friday morning OKP! The Tigers are in town so I'm going tonight and Sunday fer sure, and on the fence about tomorrow. Have my Padres hat and my Tigers jersey. I'll be so sick of winning...
marley
West Side Wook

Postby GratefulPhish » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:10 pm

^ haha nice, I'd love to catch a game at Petco park one day, I think it's still called that

Gotta brag for a second, me and a buddy have a road trip planned and we figured out the Sox are at Fenway for Sunday night baseball on one of our "off nights". I told my mom about our plans a couple days ago and she told me she has a connection in Boston and they're big Sox fans. She reached out to them to see if they could help with tickets, yesterday the lady sent us two tickets Row M behind home plate!! Get this, against the fawking Yankees! Dreams do come true
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:07 am

^Totally wicked!

My first Rush concert was like that. We ended up fifth row, center. I was 16 I think.

hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby GratefulPhish » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:50 am

^ kickass! That's how my first Allman Brothers show was (although technically it was my second, I barely count the first), I was 16 or 17 and got tickets via re release like the day before the show in like the 5th row. Still one of the best shows I've ever seen, Derek played sitting down with a boot because he broke his leg playing basketball a couple days before.
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby Katiemay » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Harpua wrote:GMOKP, I am still recovering from Saturday night (my 30th B-Day).

Happy belated birthday!

GOod morning OKP! Coffee and Internet time before heading to my nephew's high school graduation party. He just turned 18 the other day. Resulting in a bit of a poignant headspace from feeling like I have let the years slip away and never formed a close solid relationship with him. I got the idea the other day that I'd take him to one of the Baker's Dozen shows as part of his gift if he wanted. Im not sure he will though. Probably would rather just have the money.

Forecasted to rain all day but right now it's beautiful. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I'm off until July 5th and there is rain in the forecast every day except one. Bring it, sun!
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:57 pm

Good Friday morning OKP! The Tigers are in town so I'm going tonight and Sunday fer sure, and on the fence about tomorrow. Have my Padres hat and my Tigers jersey. I'll be so sick of winning...

Oh, you got to see that 1-0 gem from the Fulmer. That was a treat. And, hey, at least winning wasn't an issue.

My first Rush concert was like that. We ended up fifth row, center. I was 16 I think.

I got some really good seats for Page and Plant back in the day via a friend's uncle who got them via his work. Was just to the side of the stage. Really cool.

Just need to survive this week and then it's a four-day weekend. I kind of want to do SOMETHING that weekend whether it's seeing a show (could do Steve Miller/Frampton) or seeing the Tigers lose. We'll see.
Last edited by El Bastarde on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Morning Pa. Heading out soon to have lunch with a friend and do some errands. Thanks about all that's on tap today. Hopefully knock out some cleaning later.

My nephew is into the idea of seeing Phish, so I'm very psyched to be his conduit for that experience. Been looking into ticket/seating options for the weeknight shows.
Katiemay

Postby marley » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Good Monday morning OKP!!! Had fun at the Padres-Tigers games this weekend. Both teams stink so it was evenly matched. In any event, got to see my Tigers! There were a lot of folks from back home out here to see the game. Just about an evenly split crowd!

Oof... time for re-entry...
marley
West Side Wook

Postby TanasRoot » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:02 pm

^sean! love it ... yeah i guess 10 years of decent Tigers baseball was a good run but hell yeah to a couple days at the park. fascinating that there were so many fans out there although Tigers fans have always traveled well around the east coast and midwest

its a good morning from panera lollll Summer PTBM arriving today :D :D :D
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby Harpua » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:36 pm

I'll wriggle in the earth and dude?

GMOKP :wave:

**Baseball Stadium Content Trigger Warning**

^^ I hear that Petco Park is the nicest park in the league, but every park that isn't Wrigley or Guaranteed Rate Field seems like the nicest park in the league. Just ask the Cubs fans who go up to Miller Park.

^ Tigers fans have long been known for being some of the most zealous fans in the AL. Also being in the paradise that is San Diego and being such a nice stadium has made Petco a road game destination park.

Thanks to the Ricketts and Theo, Wrigley gets a little bit nicer every year. The renovated bleacher section is surprisingly nice, but most of the park (grandstands and main concourse) is still a dump. I'm just glad the Wrigley renovations are being done responsibly, unlike the Soldier Field renovations from 15 years ago. :crazy: :sick:

Interesting fact (to baseball fans): When picking the design for the White Sox new stadium (back in 1990), one of the designs Sox ownership passed on eventually became Orioles Park at Camden Yards - which is one of the more iconic stadiums in the league, and one of the most influential stadiums ever.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:07 pm

^ Tigers fans have long been known for being some of the most zealous fans in the AL. Also being in the paradise that is San Diego and being such a nice stadium has made Petco a road game destination park.

Yes, it's been humorous how they've taken over games in Cleveland and Chicago quite a bit in recent years. Doesn't help that local fans don't exactly fill up those places. And obviously they do it for Rays games due to all the transplants.

Though I haven't been in any major ballpark but Detroit's so I can't compare many but Comerica seems to be pretty nice for the most part. Hope to hit a day game there this weekend.
El Bastarde

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion