Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby ghost » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Good morning

Making my way through the New Year's run. Night two set two = smoking. Time for Mexico tomorrow. I'm falling behind. I'm hoping I'll have a chance to hang out here during a show or two. Hoping for a link too.
ghost
Human Being

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby y0n » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:35 pm

ghost wrote:Good morning

Making my way through the New Year's run. Night two set two = smoking. Time for Mexico tomorrow. I'm falling behind. I'm hoping I'll have a chance to hang out here during a show or two. Hoping for a link too.

Say what you will about the new year's set 3, this run has some great highlights! 12/31 set 2 is flying under the radar, some great stuff there.
y0n

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Is it me or is 12/28 a bit forgotten? I see a lot of talk on 12/30 but that Golden Age was something else and with a pretty strong first set as well.

Also, it JUST dawned on me that the boys are playing tonight. Bonus Phish!

Your Friday song:
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:38 pm

Buenos tardes, OKP! Wish I was sending those greetings from the sunny beaches of Mexico instead of my cold living room, but I'll be content with hopefully hearing some of the stream tonight and tomorrow.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Nice weekend of Phish and football in the evenings. Good times.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:03 pm

^ You said it

Good morning. MLK day. No school. Time for some blanket fort building.
ghost
Human Being

Postby ladyphish » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Morning.

I'll have to be sure to thank my teenager for whatever the hell she was doing that woke me up at 530 this morning.

Yay Tuesday.
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby marley » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:09 pm

ladyphish wrote:Morning.

I'll have to be sure to thank my teenager for whatever the hell she was doing that woke me up at 530 this morning.

Yay Tuesday.

She was having sex. Yay Tuesday!!
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:24 pm

^At 5am? Quite the marathon session.
El Bastarde

Postby ladyphish » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:28 pm

marley wrote:

Yay Tuesday.

She was having sex. Yay Tuesday!!

Sinner, lol.

Mystery solved. Apparently the cat lost her damn mind that morning. Neither of us know what she was actually doing, but it was bangy and woke us both up.
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby marley » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:10 pm

ladyphish wrote:Apparently the cat lost her damn mind that morning. Neither of us know what she was actually doing, but it was bangy and woke us both up.

Bangy? More like they were banging...
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Apparently the cat lost her damn mind that morning. Neither of us know what she was actually doing, but it was bangy and woke us both up.

Oh, mine will do that all the time. She'll start playing with something or get excited and you'll hear her running back and forth for no reason in the middle of the night. Just kitty getting out some aggression.
El Bastarde

Postby ladyphish » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:16 pm

^That and the cats are nocturnal animals, so their natural rhythm is to sleep all day and be awake all night.

So today marks the beginning of my 37th trip around the sun. Nothing planned. Just the way I like it. Supposed to go to Bammer next weekend to celebrate with my family, but my car got all banged up last week through no fault of my own, and I'm not sure if I will be able to drive that far. Suits me fine, honestly. I'm just too worn out these days for such a trip. Taking some vacation time in February for no reason at all other than I need to CHILL. I may not leave my couch for 3 days except to pee :-D
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:02 pm

^That and the cats are nocturnal animals, so their natural rhythm is to sleep all day and be awake all night.

Not entirely correct as they seem to be equally active/sleeping in the day and the night...seems to be more of endless cycle of short naps and awake time so I'm not sure if they have an actual sleep pattern.

So today marks the beginning of my 37th trip around the sun. Nothing planned.

Hope you enjoyed it regardless!
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:11 pm

^ Cats...ugh. And dogs too. Buncha mangy beasts, I say.

Good morning

May you have a wonderful day and find a box full of concert posters

ghost
Human Being

Postby ladyphish » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Morning.

Using the interwebs to stall myself from cleaning the house. So far it's working pretty well. Wish me continued luck!
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby Katiemay » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Using the interwebs to stall myself from cleaning the house. So far it's working pretty well. Wish me continued luck!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:38 pm

My poor kitty. She's got allergies so I'm giving her this yucky stringe of medicine every other day, she has bacteria in the ears so I'm shooting drops into her ears twice a day (clearly uncomfortable for her) and she's got bacteria growth on her mouth and face so I'm dabbing it with something like an oxy pad each day. Poor kitty's getting all these treatments at once and she's not too happy with me. Plus I'm taking her in for a dental cleaning tomorrow where they knock the cat out and stuff since some of the bacteria may be coming from that. I feel so bad doing all this but hopefully it helps her.

Got my Medical Weed card renewed for two more years so that's good and I have two nights of Umphrey's/Spafford coming up this weekend so that's something I've been pumped for. Just have to survive the week...
El Bastarde

Postby ladyphish » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:35 pm

A groggy good morning to ya.

Got called out at midnight last night for work, and I'm feeling it today. Just have to make it one more day and then I'm done for 12 days. Staycation begins tonight! No money to go anywhere but I have 3 weeks of vacation to burn each year and I haven't taken any since September or October. Usually I have some big project to use my vacation for, or because Holt and Piper were here, I'd end up just being a mom the whole time. Nowwwww, since he doesn't live here, Piper spends those days with him, and Makenzie will be in school/at dance, I get to RELAX in an empty house for 12 or 13 hours each day. I'm so stoked for this.
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:04 pm

Umphrey's is TONIGHT. And tomorrow night! Then the Super Bowl on Sunday. Then a day off Monday. This workday can't end quick enough. So jacked.
El Bastarde

Postby ladyphish » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:32 pm

^They're playing in Asheville next Thursday. I entered a contest for free tickets, so cross your fingers for me :-)

Just toured a local head start program with Holt and Piper. My little baby will be starting school for the first time on Tuesday. It's bittersweet. I'm looking SO forward to the free time because I'm beyond exhausted, but I'm also going to miss her.
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby Harpua » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:57 pm

GMOKP

^^ How was UM?

^ I hope you get or already got the tix.

My weekend was an absolute blur, which is fine. Too often I find myself squandering weekends, especially in the winter, just reading or watching movies.

This weekend I got to hang out with some old friends. We had a Board game, bad movies, and brew-dogs night. This consisted of a Andy Sidaris movie marathon (which we turned into a drinking game... you know... like children) and then we played Pandemic. Then the next day was all about that Super Bowl, which was half incredibly dull, then half edge of your seat excitement.

The 2016 year in sports is going to be remembered as the year of the comeback / choke. Warriors blew a 3-1 lead, or Cavs came back down 3-1. Indians blew a 3-1 lead, or Cubs came back down 3-1. Then Atlanta blew a 25 pt lead, or Patriots came back from a 25 pt deficit. Wild stuff.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby willbreathes » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Pandemic is a great game.

I am currently enthralled with Zombicide.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:11 pm

^^ How was UM?

Fantastic, as expected. If it wasn't for this Phish band I like, I'd maybe say they're my favorite band live at this point. Was exhausted after the two nights.

Too often I find myself squandering weekends, especially in the winter, just reading or watching movies.

I call that a weekend well spent. Obviously you don't want to never go out with folks but these lazy weekends can be nice...I'm looking forward to this next weekend being quite boring after the crazy one I just had.

Then the next day was all about that Super Bowl, which was half incredibly dull, then half edge of your seat excitement.

Yeah, I see folks calling it the "best Super Bowl" ever and while it could certainly have the best ending or 4th quarter ever, the game itself was dull...I was jumping onto the computer and fooling arounnd during the start of that that 3rd quarter when the Pats just looked done. Maybe the worst half of football I've ever seen Belichick coach in that first half.
El Bastarde

Postby ladyphish » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:42 pm

^Squandering is exactly what I've been doing the past 3 days and let me tell you, that shit is GLORIOUS. Of course, I've spent the past 4.5 years either working a 12-14 hour day or spending 24 hours a day with at least one kid if not two, so my bliss comes from a different place :D

Day 3 of my staycation, and I think I'm just about done here. Monday I spent a good while cleaning house and doing laundry because I couldn't spend the next 2 days walking/sitting in crumbs. My house had crumbs in places that I can't even figure out how they got there. It was disgusting, so I remedied that and have pretty much been a bum since...partly because I can and partly because I didn't want to undo all the work I put into cleaning. I just wanted to exist in a clean house for a few days. It's the simple things, really.

I actually got to sleep on the couch uninterrupted yesterday. I don't think anyone without kids can understand how HUGE that is. Usually, I shut my eyes for 5 seconds before I'm jarred awake with , "MOM, DON'T GO TO SLEEP. WAKE UUUUUUUP!". I got to fall asleep and wake up on my own several times throughout the evening. It was magical. Euphoric even.

So today I'm just bored. I could go out and explore the city, but I'll be honest, that's just not my thing. Hiking would be cool, but I jammed the piss outta my toe on Monday and can't really do strenuous activity yet. I'd hoped for my triumphant return to the gym this week, but again, toe'd. I think I may paint my bedroom. I've got the paint already so it's just a matter of getting it on the walls. I keep putting it off because my bedroom has cathedral ceilings, so two of the walls are like pentagons that get 12 or 14 feet tall in the middle...I'm only 5'4. Not sure I can reach lol.

Whatever I do, I can promise it won't be sitting around again. I feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin. I'm going to have to take up a hobby or something from now on because by a huge stroke of luck, Piper started school yesterday. Holt got her into a head start program! She's now going to be out of the house from 8-1 every day. Mostly when she's with her dad, but I'll get Thurs and Fri of each week. That's just unbelievable to me. I've been with her 4 days a week, 24 hours a day for the past 4.5 years and now I'm going to have 2 partial days to myself?!! Good gooberly goo I need it. Mama-ing is some serious business and I'm worn the hell out. Love that kiddo with my life, but she about did me in. I'm too old for this shit now :P
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion