Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby Buster » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:17 pm

marley wrote:
El Bastarde wrote:Uh oh...looks like my brother in Golgi Packeratus takes the beatdown by Buster for the upset. I'm holding onto a very precarious 1-point lead over Sean going into Monday. I believe it's my Crowder vs his Gano. The downtrodden rise up!

Gah!!! Gonna be a nail biter tonight!!!!

Last minute swap of Minnesota defense for my BUFFALO BILLS defense is what got it done!

With the slayings that Golgi was handing out, I didn't think I stood a chance.
Buster
The NorEaster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby marley » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:10 pm

It's awn Dutin.... :twisted:
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby Buster » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:07 pm

marley wrote:It's awn Dutin.... :twisted:

Buster
The NorEaster

Postby marley » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:41 pm

marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Gah!!! Gonna be a nail biter tonight!!!!

Kinda wasn't. Was just Crowder sucking and Gano kicking tons of field goals for the easy win. Congrats, sir. And I have Jordan Reed in my money leagues and, while I thankfully didn't need him, it's lovely to see him getting kicked out of games during the fantasy playoffs. Glarg.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:29 pm

Poor Steve!!! :(
marley
West Side Wook

Postby ladyphish » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:54 pm

It's almost 2, so good afternoon!

It's a SLOW day, so I need something to pass a few minutes. It's the end of my work week and 9p seems like an eternity away.

Not much action to write about. Just lots of joy. Each day since my ex moved out has been better than the day before. We had a little drama around Thanksgiving, but it's been smooth sailing every since. We get along better now than we have since our first 5 months together. I'm not stupid enough to think it will always be this easy, but it's helped a LOT that during the transition things have been downright pleasant. Life is so much easier now. Some drama with my teenager that I don't think will ever stop, but otherwise, I'm happier than a pig in shit. Got my guest room ready in time for my mom to come for chrsitmas, and got a bunch of yummy meals planned for her over the next few days. She's been diagnosed with quite a few food allergies this past year, so she is limited to what she can eat. She loves when I cook for her because she gets to enjoy the foods she can have in a new way. I enjoy it, so it's win/win. We've had a pretty solid year this year and I'm very thankful for that. Ready to be DONE with the hell mess that was 2016 and am hopeful that 2017 won't be a complete trainwreck.

Hope you all have an amazing holiday weekend!

My favorite christmas song: Santa Lost a Ho :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svd6kqhdoII
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby ghost » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:36 pm

Good morning! Merry Chrismas Eve!

I've been in Illinois since Wednesday. Always nice to come home for Christmas. There's snow on the ground for the kids to play in, and we got to watch more snow fall yesterday. I really enjoy the falling snow. I don't see much of that in Texas.

Dinner at my aunt's house today. Family coming to my parents' house tomorrow. I'm having a great Christmas so far. I hope everyone else is too.
ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Good morning

Merry Christmas
ghost
Human Being

Postby Katiemay » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:11 pm

Merry Christmas greetings to you, Eli. A nice visiting, holiday appropriate, falling snow sounds lovely. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and time at home.

Merry Christmas morning, OKP! Hope you're all having a peaceful and relaxing day.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:31 pm

Had a lovely Christmas weekend, Had Friday through Monday off. Saw Rogue One on Friday and it was pretty sweet, had a nice holiday where we didn't go to any inlaws and just stayed home and relaxed, got surprised by my brother when he got me a PS4, then I won both of my work fantasy leagues (both the "official" one and the unofficial one for money). If only the Lions could've won but I can't ask for miracles here.

Then I have three days or work to survive then another weekend with Greensky Bluegrass to be seeing on the 30th and 31st. Heck yeah.
El Bastarde

Postby Buster » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:37 pm

Merry Christmas, OKP!

El Bastarde wrote:Then I have three days or work to survive then another weekend with Greensky Bluegrass to be seeing on the 30th and 31st. Heck yeah.

2 nights of GSBG, hell yeah! I'm hoping to see them Jan 25th in Syracuse at a nice small venue. I wish we could get a webcast of those NYE shows.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby Funky Begonia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Good morning Phish Phans!! Who's ready to start raging MSG TONIGHT!!!!! love you all and I know it's been awhile. Some shit when down this year and I'm in the process of rising back up from it (I lost my position as a drama teacher on the last day of school). But I had a wonderful summer adventure! Saw some OKP Folk in San Fran (Little and Yoni). 2016 was a challenge but was filled with good times, and was rung in properly with our OKP Pal Ollie! Hope to see some of you around MSG and Happy 2017 to all!
Funky Begonia
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:51 pm

^Nice to see you peeking in. Hope things start looking up.

And, yes, I won't be at MSG but I'll be rocking the couch tour for these next few days before hitting Greensky on Fri/Sat. Not a bad way to have a week.
El Bastarde

Postby phishinsky » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:25 am

Morning... love u all....
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Good morning OKP - working so much these days, client workload too big. Must be growing powerful? Hope everyone's cool.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby The Ubiquitous Smokey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:28 pm

:wave: Everybody!

Last post for 2016, maybe...

Last night's show got me all excited like for NYE.

Leaving for the Apple in the morning.

See some of you peeps on Saturday.

Merry New Year!!

:mrgreen:
The Ubiquitous Smokey
East Side Jedi

Postby ghost » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Good morning

Been back in Texas since Tuesday. Yesterday I did mostly nothing. Wyatt and Wesley and I opened Lego Star Wars Assault on Hoth and got started on that. We went to the chiropractor, and then we went out to lunch. (When I got hurt in 2005, I worked at this Red Hot and Blue restaurant. My name was on the schedule hanging in the kitchen, and I was in the hospital almost dead. I take Wyatt and Wesley there, and it blows my mind.) Today I have to do shit. Lots of shit. The house needs to be cleaned anyway, but now there is Christmas aftermath and travel/suitcase/laundry madness and a fucking squirrel chewing on some facia trying to get into the attic. But it's all doable, so here I go.

EDIT: This picture was supposed to go here originally, but photobucket wasn't cooperating. Works fine now.
I prefer the Jerry Garcia table in the bar. Now if only the kids would sit still...
Last edited by ghost on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghost
Human Being

Postby Katiemay » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:47 pm

Good morning Oh Kee Pa! Welcome to the last day of the year. Having a NYE party tonight, so lots to do. Lucky for me, this is a late starter, so I was able to sleep in and have some coffee and Internet time before kicking into gear.
I really want to buy the stream tonight, but I don't have the capability currently, as my laptop shit the bed and I can't afford a new one. Plus, most of my guests are non-fans, so I figured it may be a little uncool to be watching tv throughout most of the night. My compromise is playing the audio steam. It's going to kill me to not see the gag though! Especially now that nugs.net is cracking down and I can't go back and watch it on YouTube tomorrow.

Happy New Year, friends!
Katiemay

Postby ladyphish » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:48 pm

Happy last day of 2016.

No plans here. At all. Just me and Piper at home. She has a sinus infection so she isn't feeling so hot. I doubt I'll even stream the show tonight, because I usually just fall asleep after the 1st set. Don't know what it sounds like, but on paper this year seems a FAR superior run than the snoozer I got last year. The setlists were just weird and it was very heavy with the newer stuff except for the last night. I waited like 20 years for that shit and of course it's the dud year lol. I still had a great time with Marianne. She rocks faces for real, ya'll.

Looking forward to being divorced in the new year. In NC, you're technically supposed to live at separate addresses an entire year before you can file for divorce...unless you both agree on an earlier date which is thankfully happening. Nobody checks into it, so instead of having to wait until next November, I should be divorced by the spring or early summer. This year is ending so much better than it started. Very VERY grateful.

So anywhos, I wish you all a fantastic 2017!
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:17 pm

Happy New Year OKP!

We're out of milk, and I'd already poured the rest of the Count Chocula into a bowl and destroyed the packaging. I used some of my coffee instead, and let me tell you: magic.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:37 pm

Had a lovely weekend. Rocked out to two nights of Greensky and even managed to pace myself so I wasn't too tired the next morning. Hit NYE early right at doors open to get a posh railing spot as well...always nice to have a spot with no obstructed view and a place you can put your drink and where you can lord over the GA Floor below you.

Lions lost as expected and the NYE Bowl games sucked so it looks like I missed little there. Rose Bowl was pretty nice.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Morning OKP!!! Did SD>LV>Detroit>LV>SD for Christmas/New Years. Going to be nice to relax at work today!
marley
West Side Wook

Postby y0n » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:33 am

marley wrote:Morning OKP!!! Did SD>LV>Detroit>LV>SD for Christmas/New Years. Going to be nice to relax at work today!

Heady jam sandwich there
y0n

Postby Katiemay » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Happy New Year, folks! Listening to Miles with coffee in the waning vestiges of the am. Now, onto responsibilities...
Katiemay

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion