Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:57 pm

In one week and a day, I get Trey!!!

Sweet, but please give him back when you're done with him.

I actually have month until my next show and it feels like I've had one almost weekly for a while now. Nice to get a reprieve but I'll be itching for Aqueous once the day comes around.
El Bastarde

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby marley » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:27 pm

^ lol!!! Will do! Haven't been to a show since Dick's!
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby y0n » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:14 am

marley wrote:^ lol!!! Will do! Haven't been to a show since Dick's!

Me too! Seeing Trey on 11/4 and then JRAD the next week. Don’t know if I’ll be able to make it to Trey without a booster shot of music.
y0n

Postby Harpua » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:50 pm

y0n wrote:
marley wrote:^ lol!!! Will do! Haven't been to a show since Dick's!

Me too!

Me too! I am seeing Mungion next weekend, but my next big show is in December when I see Spoon.

GMOKP- I was invited to a charity trivia contest, last night, and my team won! It was an awesome time.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Harpua » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 pm

GMOKP,

I only go to a handful of non-Phish concerts every year, but I am going to Spoon, Tedeschi Trucks Band, and JRAD (Possibly Greensky Bluegrass on NYE) in the not too distant future. I only purchased my JRAD tix last night, and was shocked that they are more expensive than Tedeschi Trucks Band. I know they are awesome, but they are a coverband... am I missing something?
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby y0n » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:18 pm

^ JRAD has exploded. They are a cover band but have a jam style distinct from what the Dead sounded like.

Just getting over a cold here, feel fine but my nose is running a marathon.
y0n

Postby Phinst » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 pm

^^ A cover band with Marc Benevento and Joe Russo. two fairly big names in the jam/jazz world. so I wouldn't say it's your average cover band. I think tickets were like 38 for the Stl show.. seems reasonable.
...Dip a ladle for a taste of her creation...& she knew that what she made...
would be the Finest in the Nation....

2017: Chicago x2: Dayton>Pittsburgh
Phinst

Postby GratefulPhish » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Jrad is more expensive than TTB now? :shock: They are awesome but that's hard to believe from a purely logistical standpoint....
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby Harpua » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:46 pm

^ That too, TTB has a dozen members, so much more challenging logistically, and more mouths to feed.

A ticket to TTB (Chicago Theatre) is $13 cheaper than a ticket to JRAD (Riviera) before tax. (Roughly $20 after taxes...f*ck you, Chicago entertainment taxes.)

The theatres are even comparable in size. Both prices are reasonable as f*ck, but comparing the two, I have to say the value on that TTB ticket is extraordinary. None of this is a complaint, but for some reason it is baffling to me.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:22 pm

(Possibly Greensky Bluegrass on NYE)

I'm still sad they skipped the Detroit area for NYE this year. I get that Chicago is a fine locale but it seems like Chicago has a million bands going there at NYE while Detroit has almost nothing. Kinda felt like it was "our" NYE show. But, hey, Greensky will be here for two dates in February so that'll make up for it.

JRAD has exploded. They are a cover band but have a jam style distinct from what the Dead sounded like.

Yeah, JRAD is pretty awesome and certainly a treat to watch. Russo's a stud of a drummer. And, yes, the hype for them is through the roof to the point where it's almost annoying how everyone blows off all the other Dead bands because "they're not JRAD." I just wish these guys would come around locally. I want to see them but I'm not traveling to do it.

That said, prices definitely are based on the venue. The Orpheum seems to have the cheapest at like $70 but House of Blues Boston is as low as $45. For me, I spent $55 to see Tedeschi/Trucks this summer. Not sure if that's worse or better than what you paid. And I love TTB but I'd probably see JRAD over them.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:10 pm

El Bastarde wrote: That said, prices definitely are based on the venue. The Orpheum seems to have the cheapest at like $70 but House of Blues Boston is as low as $45. For me, I spent $55 to see Tedeschi/Trucks this summer. Not sure if that's worse or better than what you paid. And I love TTB but I'd probably see JRAD over them.

After Tax: TTB = $29 ; JRAD = $49
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby marley » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:27 pm

Good Thors Day Morning, OKP!!!

Driving back to Vegas tonight and catching Trey this weekend. I love driving through the Mojave at night listening to the Dead. Not sure what show I'm listening to tonight, but I'm thinking the new Dave's Picks show, 11/6/77. I Grateful Grabbed that one last night from archive.org.
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:53 pm

After Tax: TTB = $29 ; JRAD = $49

Wow, I'd call that TTB being really cheap more than JRAD being expensive. That seems like standard JRAD pricing but not normal TTB.

I love driving through the Mojave at night listening to the Dead. Not sure what show I'm listening to tonight, but I'm thinking the new Dave's Picks show, 11/6/77.

Go with 10/12/77 if you can find it. Dark Star Orchestra just played that show when I saw them on 10/12 this year. Nice little gem.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:09 pm

Good morning OKP. To me, $29 for TTB is a killer price and (IMO) $49 seems a little high for what is a tribute band, big names or not. Not putting down JRAD at all. I certainly dig them and am thrilled they are playing 2 shows in upstate NY in March. Excited to get to see them live, in person.

Rainy and cold. Fighting off the pull of the couch and Stranger Things season 2 in order to do necessary stuff. Better get going now, or it may not happen.
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Morning folks,

Mungion put on a hell of a show. Lots of fun; lots of energy. Definitely worth seeing again.

Over the weekend I got my costume ready to rock, and carved a pumpkin for the first time in 10 - 15 years. Dressing up is pretty much mandatory for managers and supervisors where I work. This is to encourage everyone else to participate in the costume contest. So people go all out with elaborate and expensive costumes. I prefer the more practical (easier/cheaper) costumes. No make-up, nothing uncomfortable. Last year I was Pat from It's Pat, the year before I was the 11th Doctor (Dr. Who). This year I am going as Riker from Star Trek The Next Generation. I found out that my parents still have a few boxes of my old toys, and one of these toys is a Star Trek TNG hand phaser. So this year I will have props and everything. :thumbup: :ugeek:

Have a good week, and enjoy Halloween!

PS - I think something big is happening in the news right now.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Harpua » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:27 pm

Happy Halloween OKP!

I'm going to leave this right here...
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:20 pm

^Always a solid costume since it's basically just putting on a shirt. Same with dressing like a Jedi or Palpatine...you're just putting on a comfy robe. Gotta keep this stuff low maintenance.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:39 pm

El Bastarde wrote:
I love driving through the Mojave at night listening to the Dead. Not sure what show I'm listening to tonight, but I'm thinking the new Dave's Picks show, 11/6/77.

Go with 10/12/77 if you can find it. Dark Star Orchestra just played that show when I saw them on 10/12 this year. Nice little gem.

I have a good one from 11.1.77 from Cobo!!! I also have a good one from 10.31.72 from the ol' Ford Auditorium too!
marley
West Side Wook

Postby ghost » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:27 pm

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!

^^^ Great costume! Use the force, star lord! :D :thumbup:
ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:53 pm

GMOKP (just under the wire) ,

The weeks fly by these days... a little too fast for my liking.

Halloween was a relative success. Some of the costumes were less than work appropriate, but as long as no one went to HR about it, we're good. :thumbup: We have already put together a guide for choosing a work appropriate Halloween costume, for next year.

I'm going to the shit show tomorrow with some college friends ... I mean Bulls game. The Pelicans have a fantastic frontcourt, so that should be fun to watch, but the Bulls are a basketful of deplorables and irredeemables.

Now... Who here is all caught up on Stranger Things 2?
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby ghost » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:21 pm

^ Ha. Guide to work appropriate Halloween costumes

^ Only 5 or so episodes into Stranger Things 2. It's hard to discuss when it's all available at once and everyone watches at different times.

Good morning and good afternoon. Most of the time I get on here after noon, so I miss the GMOKP posting window. It's Friday, so I'm going to get crazy and post in here anyway.

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :thumbup:
ghost
Human Being

Postby Katiemay » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:12 pm

GMOKP. Was out most of yesterday, so taking full advantage of having nothing pressing to do today. I have not started Stranger Things yet. I have been avoiding Netflix because I got HBO for Game of Thrones and want to watch whatever is of interest to me on there before I cancel it. Finished Silicon Valley last night. So very funny. I'm open to suggestions of HBO shows I need to see before pulling the plug. I have seen many of the big ones (Sopranos, GoT, Six Feet Under, Curb). I am feeling the pull to watch ST though, since it's all the talk right now.
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:33 pm

GMOKP!

^ Have you watched The Wire yet? I'm not going to go on about how great it is, like everyone who has seen The Wire does, but it is pretty great. Might be worth watching before giving HBO the boot.

I ended up taking my nephew to the basketball game, because one of my friends cancelled. Most Bulls fans are all pretty jaded about The Bulls right now, but going to the game with a 13 year old who is excited to see any product out on the court changed the vibe in the most positive way. It didn't hurt that it was against The Pelicans, so we got to see Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins put on a show.

These mass shootings are too damn frequent. Be kind to each other.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:36 pm

I have been avoiding Netflix because I got HBO for Game of Thrones and want to watch whatever is of interest to me on there before I cancel it.

AT&T gave us free HBO for the last two/three months on accident and tried charging us for it until we called and told them to stop it. Regardless, we had it for that long and I was surprised at the lack of variety on there. Seems like they only have around 10-15 new-ish movies that air over and over on all their channels that last for about two weeks before they move to the next set of movies. Seemed hard to find older movies or something that's not in that group. Was even less impressed in the lack of variety.

These mass shootings are too damn frequent. Be kind to each other.

Crazies gonna be crazy. Not much you can do, sadly.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Good morning OKP, how are ya today? I've got a busy year goin on I think. Send coffee.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion