Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:13 pm

And MSU is beating Penn State....

Killed them. Our work is ncie enough to put that and the UofM game on the TVs so I was able to see some of it. Minnesota will be tougher but we beat them twice this year so it's certainly doable. I think the run will end if they play Purdue, though...that's just a bad matchup for us.

And that Trey show is excellent if only for the great banter and stories. The stuff about touring with Santana is excellent. Love the Limb by Limb singalong as well.

I'm hated, but fine with it, because nothing ill/bad actually happened.

This feels suspicously like those Facebook-esque baiting posts where we're all supposed to ask Ryan what happens...so I'll take the bait: "Gee, Ryan!...What happened??"

Speaking of Facebook, they may have killed my account. I logged in a few weeks ago and got a notice that my account was "temporarily suspended" and I'd need to verify my information to get back in or something. So I continue and then have a captcha screen after that...I do the captcha and then click okay and it goes to a dead link. Even now about three weeks later it still does this. I've changed browsers and played with cookies and done all the usual troubleshooting things and nothing helps. My brother said my Facebook disappeared from his Friends list (but that may be due to the security thing).

So, of course, Facebook has little to no customer service. You can't e-mail them, their Help section is just useless questions that don't mention this issue and the only way to report troubles it to, of course, be logged in. I finally broke down and made a dummy account to report my issue but now I can't even get back into it...they seem to require a phone number to match up with your account and I refuse to give them one. Maybe that's why the first account got shut down...I've always refused to verify it when they asked. In the end, I may just let it die.
El Bastarde

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ladyphish » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Nobody hates Ryan. It's not possible. <3

Morning.

Home with a sick kiddo and a bit of snow in the forecast.

Teenager gone for the weekend to a dance convention so my car is officially parked until I head to work on Monday morning.

And now, we chill...
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby Katiemay » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Good morning Oh Kee Pa.

Been living with the flu for about a week now. I'm much better now, but definitely still under the weather. It was my first time ever having it and boy, is it brutal. Never could have imagined how shitty it makes you feel. Thankful to be on the other end now. Spending the weekend banking some rest and fluids so I can go back to work Monday and actually try to function.

Really wish I had some of that bacon I've been hearing I should eat more of.

Listened to streams of the Trey acoustic shows from Northhampton and Troy. Quite a pleasure. The stories are priceless. The audience participation kicks ass. And I've fallen in love with the acoustic versions a few tunes I was less than fond of hearing Phish play (I.e. Summer of 89). So very bummed I am not able to see one of these shows.
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:02 pm

GMOKP

Good weekend - for sure. Got together with my board game night crew, and played Dead of Winter. It is a pretty wild but possibly broken game. It is a co-operative zombie survival game, where there is a team victory condition, and a secret individual victory condition. It is also possible that there is a traitor in your midst. The victory conditions are unachievable if a traitor is in play. The theme and mechanics are so good that we keep going back to the game hoping eventually we will have a non-traitor winner.

Northwestern made the tourney for the first time in school history, so I am reasonably happy about that. I went to a small catholic university in Chicago, and we were not in the NCAA, so I adopted the WIldcats as my team. Also I grew up in pretty close proximity to Evanston.

Bears got rid of Cutler and I am ambivalent about this. Yeah, he had a jerk face, got injured in a big game, and threw a lot of interceptions, but statistically he was the best QC in Bears history (or at very least in the Super Bowl era.) The Bears management let the team fall apart around him. There was little he could do (but swat them?) to make The Bears a winning team. If Mike Glennon (gag me with a spoon) is able to lead this team to more that 5 victories next year I will be shocked. The dude is built to break. I also have little faith that they will do anything other than squander the third overall pick in the draft.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:08 pm

Good morning OKP!

I've been on the road almost every workday for months now, so I've sort of abandoned my part of keepin this board goin ... but rest assured: my intention for your mornings to have been good will have been the same teh whole while.

So today we're snowed in, and so I managed to not be traveling, but rather staying in the home office for once ... which brings me back to my old ways of telling other Phish fans how to feel about their morning.

:!:
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Good afternoon OKP. Welcome back Kevin. Snow day here. Looks like 5-6" have fallen already and we've only just begun. And the snow...and the snow....and the snow poured down.

Sort of a blessing, as I'm still recovering from that nasty flu and would have been hard pressed to get through the entire week. I'm thankful for the extra rest time whenever I can get it.

Good luck Nor'easterners! Hope you're all stocked with bread and milk!
Katiemay

Postby Katiemay » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Well we certainly got hammered. The last few years, we got really lucky when some major snow storms hit and we just got paid back. About 30" in 20 or so hours. I'm still snowed in. Took about 2 hours to dig my car out and make a path to the door. Hoping the plow guy doesn't forget about me or doesn't drive right by when he sees my driveway.
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:14 pm

^ WOW! We got some, but nothing like that. I guess Upstate New York is kind of known for getting epic snowfall. Stay safe, stay warm. Here in Chicagoland it caused a 35 car pile up, on what is one of the busiest highways in America (I-90 / I-94 junction aka Kennedy Expressway.) Seems a good time to catch up on any shows you have in your queue.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Katiemay » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:27 pm

^thanks. We can get crazy snowfalls here. This year hasn't been too terrible with the exception of this week. I was lucky enough to be stranded at home. From what I heard, it was chaos out in the world. Cars getting stuck and just being left in the middle of the street all over the place. People waiting for hours for buses that never came because they were stuck in the snow. Unfortunately, my plow guy never showed up after assuring me several times he would. Had to return to work Thursday and got up to find ~3 feet of snow still filling my long driveway, with a 4-5 foot wall at the end. I had someone else set to come and they ended up having a dead battery. Found someone else who said they would come right away and then never showed and stopped replying to my texts. It was a nightmare. At that point, I was on the verge of an anxiety attack, feeling completely trapped in my house. To even try and dig myself out with a shovel, even a path to get to the street to be picked up, would have taken over an hour. The dead battery guy finally made it and I was a few hours late for work but felt so much better being free. I work with the original plow guy who didn't show or call to let me know he wasn't. I'm so upset with him that I don't even want to see his face. What a piece of shit.

Let the melting commence! Stay well, OKP.
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:48 pm

Happy Equinox & first day of Spring. We made it. (He said in jest, knowing full well that there is still a chance of snow until Memorial Day.)

Bracket = Busted. Northwestern and Marquette are both out of the tournament. I can now stop caring about college basketball.

I am rereading Cat's Cradle. I read it in 2009, when I went of a major Vonnegut bender. Whenever anybody asks me what my favorite Vonnegut novel is (happens more often than you would think); Cat's Cradle is always on the short list. It turns out that I didn't remember a single thing about it. I vaguely remembered two characters, a definition of a made up word, and the plot's macguffin. I did not remember the plot. It genuinely feels like I am reading it for the first time. It is scary to think that something can completely disappear from memory after such a short amount of time. As Nabakov said, "One cannot read a book: one can only reread it.”
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby marley » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:08 pm

you're not alone in not remembering Vonnegut. I think I've read just about everything he's every published and I can't remember a thing!
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Bracket = Busted. Northwestern and Marquette are both out of the tournament. I can now stop caring about college basketball.

Same here. My team is out and my bracket's done. Though I'll still be watching every game. Love the stuff.

Had a hazy drunken weekend since I took Thurs/Fri off and have just been diving into March Madness all weekend. Going to work on Monday was really kind of tough...was like I woke up from a coma and had to realize there's more out there.

I also broke down and got Zelda: Breath of the Wild which is the first time I've gotten a game brand new in quite a while...I figured I wouldn't wait since Nintendo games take forever to drop in price and the hype was pretty great. Started it on the weekend and it's pretty sweet...I'll be wandering the countryside for quite a while.

Also seeing Galactic tomorrow. I've heard of them for years but never pulled the trigger on going until now. Can't wait.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Morning, Pa.

My weekend was bared down to reefer, basketball and Breath of the Wild. Good times.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:50 pm

^ I only caught the Xavier/ Gonzaga game. It was not very compelling television. I wish I had caught the UNC game, seemed like a real rowdydow.

Things are crazy for me at work these days. Chaotic, really. I am transitioning to a different position, while training my replacement. I am also lead on a project that has to be completed by the last week of July, and that requires nearly all of my attention.
I have done everything in my power to be cooperative and approachable, and in doing so I developed a reputation for being easy to work with. Out of necessity, I have had to change how I assign work, and in doing so any and all goodwill that I had earned evaporated immediately. Apparently, goodwill usage isn't a rollover plan. A team member was dissatisfied with his assignments, so we went over my head. My boss came down to see me and ask me to "play nice.” I told him that I thought I was playing nice, but I did sense that my new method irked some people. I then expressed that I was reluctant to accommodate the employee at the risk missing the deadline. He said he understood, and appreciates my efforts to keep everything on schedule, and again asked me to "play nice.” I told him I will. So… yeah… :problem:
When I get home from work, I do what I can to remove myself from the world / make myself unreachable. I don't use recreational drugs, or drink to the point of intoxication anymore, so I do this by burying myself in whatever it is that I am reading (to the point that it resembles bibliomania.) I tried playing video games this weekend, which is not at all typical for me. I do not like how quickly they make the time disappear. It is actually a source of anxiety for me.

TL;DR

Abridged version: I'm stressed out; I don't know how to mitigate the increased stress.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:09 pm

^ I only caught the Xavier/ Gonzaga game. It was not very compelling television. I wish I had caught the UNC game, seemed like a real rowdydow.

Yeah, that was easily one of the worst of the weekend. UNC/Kentucky was pretty sweet but Florida/Wisconsin took the cake.

I hear you on the work struggles...managing people is a pain and you can't please everyone and yet still get your shit done...especially when there's a shift in roles and tasks and people are uncomfortable. Only thing I can suggest is to keep your boss involved in the major issues...dealing with coworker squabbles on your own rarely goes well since it's a "he said, she said" thing so a third party is usually best to step in. Though, as long as you boss gets that you're trying to do it the right way and still get shit done, then hopefully they'll know you're doing your best.

I tried playing video games this weekend, which is not at all typical for me. I do not like how quickly they make the time disappear.

Unusual there, since timekilling is kind of the point of games...it's kind of what you'd do when you have some time on your hands and don't want to watch TV or do something else. There's probably a sense of "I could be doing something more constructive" but, heck, you don't want to be working all the dang time. My Mom seems to be the type like that where they work, work and even feel guilty when they relax...I'm not sure if it's healthy.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Good Odin's Day, OKP!!!!
marley
West Side Wook

Postby ghost » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:42 pm

Good morning!!!

Harpua wrote:I don't use recreational drugs

How about "medicinal" drugs? Not for everyone, but excellent for smoothing out the rough areas of daily life and keeping that pressure release valve operating normally.

El Bastarde wrote:I hear you on the work struggles

Work? I've forgotten what that's like. I'm going to have to go back one of these days. Fuck.
ghost
Human Being

Postby marley » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:05 pm

GM, OKP, from SD.
marley
West Side Wook

Postby ghost » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:08 pm

^ South Dakota? You sure get around. :wave:
ghost
Human Being

Postby marley » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Ummm... Sudan....
marley
West Side Wook

Postby Harpua » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:41 pm

ghost wrote:Good morning!!!

Harpua wrote:I don't use recreational drugs

How about "medicinal" drugs? Not for everyone, but excellent for smoothing out the rough areas of daily life and keeping that pressure release valve operating normally.

When I was younger I would have been all over this idea, but then again when I was younger I wouldn't need it. Over the past few years I have become increasingly high strung. As The Bastard said: There's probably a sense of "I could be doing something more constructive" but, heck, you don't want to be working all the dang time. And that is exactly what it is. I would love to find something that was both a way to blow off steam / unwind that didn't make me feel like I was frittering time away.

ghost wrote:
Work? I've forgotten what that's like. I'm going to have to go back one of these days. Fuck.

Don't do it. It's a trap.

marley wrote:Ummm... Sudan....

What are you doing in Sudan?
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby GratefulPhish » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:41 am

^ You need a good turntable system, and some good beers. That works for me at least. :D
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm

I would love to find something that was both a way to blow off steam / unwind that didn't make me feel like I was frittering time away.

Maybe some activity? Go out jogging, shoot some hoops, go bowling, join a rec league, etc, etc. Gotta be some way you can get active in a way that makes you feel you're doing something constructive. Can only help you get healthy too. Some people have no problem killing time in front of a TV (Breath of the Wild has consumed my soul) but others need something else.

What are you doing in Sudan?

I had the same question. I'm not sure if Phish is touring there this year.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:36 pm

Kidding... San Diego.... No desire to go to Sudan at ALL!!!!
marley
West Side Wook

Postby phishinsky » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:35 pm

El Bastarde wrote:And MSU is beating Penn State....

I'm hated, but fine with it, because nothing ill/bad actually happened.

This feels suspicously like those Facebook-esque baiting posts where we're all supposed to ask Ryan what happens...so I'll take the bait: "Gee, Ryan!...What happened??".

Mornin.

Loves to you all.

No bait, simply a cut and past quote from a convo centered around Trey.

Although, hate is around us all...

Musky too.

Be well.

Dicks.
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion