Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby TanasRoot » Sat May 20, 2017 4:12 pm

shit i wanna check out this flower kings. what a prog-as-fuck name lol

the chris cornell thing is fucked up . in the you're a crazy hippie department i thought there was bad vibes about here in detroit that day and night. in the less flighty view i'll be interested to hear about the Ativan issue his family has raised

oh man i feel really weird typing this but the only songs i don't listen to from Big Boat are Tide Turns and Waking Up Dead (sorry Mike :( they really shoulda kept Let's Go)

i don't dislike the songs and i've liked the couple times i saw Waking up Dead live and gimme TAB doing Tide Turns no problem mon ... i just find the studio versions to be overcooked a little, too clean too produced
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby willbreathes » Sat May 20, 2017 7:47 pm

vac u u me
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Katiemay » Sun May 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Good morning Oh Kee Pa. This is my second time writing this post after getting three paragraphs into the first one.So I'm feeling less happy go lucky this go around because Im now disgruntled and don't get why I can't go to another tab for one minute without this page having to completely reload when I come back. It doesn't usually do that after such a short time. My only 2 working internet accessible devices are an outdated and glitchy iPad and iPhone. I really need to bite the bullet and buy a new laptop.

A much lamer summary of what I had already written: beautiful weekend weather, chores and stores today, Chris Cornell-shocking and saddening; a top tier voice among top tier voices. Small claims court tomorrow to try and get money back paid for plowing that never happened. Better post now, before this piece of crap takes it away again.

Good week, everyone!
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon May 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Things People Do is better than Friends to you?

Kinda, yes...even that cell phone Page version. Musically, I like how Friends ebbs and flows (a little Astronomy Domine-ish) but the singing sucks and the lyrics suck and there's not much else to it.

shit i wanna check out this flower kings. what a prog-as-fuck name lol

They're from Sweden and they prog as hard as anyone progs. I only have one album by them and it'd been a while since I listened. Some prog stuff can be hard for me to wrap my head around and they tip-toe on that line a bit.

the chris cornell thing is fucked up . in the you're a crazy hippie department i thought there was bad vibes about here in detroit that day and night. in the less flighty view i'll be interested to hear about the Ativan issue his family has raised

It'd be just creepy to see a band and then wake up the next night to find out one of them was dead. And the Ativan thing is a bit scary...we always see those ads about how these medications "could give suicidal thoughts" but we've never seen it happen to someone famouse before. Umphrey's did a pretty sweet cover of Hunger Strike on Thursday night...it was pretty chilling.

but the only songs i don't listen to from Big Boat are Tide Turns and Waking Up Dead

I don't hate Waking Up Dead but I don't like it either...it's just there. As for Tide Turns I ONLY like the album version because the horns totally change the sound...makes it sound like an old-school motown tune a little bit.

This is my second time writing this post after getting three paragraphs into the first one.

I'm in the habit of typing these all in notepad first. Just escapes all the headaches that can come from losing messages via loading issues or whatever.
El Bastarde

Postby TanasRoot » Mon May 22, 2017 2:54 pm

El Bastarde wrote:As for Tide Turns I ONLY like the album version because the horns totally change the sound...makes it sound like an old-school motown tune a little bit.

omg yeah that's why i dig on the TAB or the Phish NYE version... they're horny lol
TanasRoot

Postby Harpua » Mon May 22, 2017 3:32 pm

El Bastarde wrote:
This is my second time writing this post after getting three paragraphs into the first one.

I'm in the habit of typing these all in notepad first. Just escapes all the headaches that can come from losing messages via loading issues or whatever.

I do this for long / unwieldy posts. It was a frustrating learning process. The OKP missed out on some pretty epic rants because of this.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby ladyphish » Tue May 23, 2017 3:10 am

^Dudes, copy your text just before you hit submit. That way, if it fucks off on you, you can just right click and paste it again :-)
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Tue May 23, 2017 2:31 pm

^Yeah, that's why I use notepad...it acts in the same way.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu May 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Yo dudes! Morning's over, but so what. Do you understand? Do you understand me??
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby marley » Thu May 25, 2017 11:36 pm

It's morning somewhere....
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby TanasRoot » Fri May 26, 2017 1:36 am

walk me out in the morning, dudes...
TanasRoot

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri May 26, 2017 6:01 pm

Roll away ... the dude :ugeek:
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby TanasRoot » Wed May 31, 2017 1:39 pm

glistening with evening dudes....

oh shit this is the good morning thread :think:
TanasRoot

Postby El Bastarde » Wed May 31, 2017 2:02 pm

I'll wiggle in the earth and dude?

Also, good morning to ya'll.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Wed May 31, 2017 2:48 pm

And the water shone like diamonds in the dude?

Also- This morning I checked my checking account to discover that the international brotherhood of scumbag bank info thieves struck again! I caught it before the fraud detection dept. at my bank caught it. :evil:
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby TanasRoot » Wed May 31, 2017 8:37 pm

Harpua wrote:And the water shone like diamonds in the dude?

Also- This morning I checked my checking account to discover that the international brotherhood of scumbag bank info thieves struck again! I caught it before the fraud detection dept. at my bank caught it. :evil:

omfg horrible! forget everyday, this is an all the time everyday type thing it feels like

cash or trade on lot only brah, i'm goin :shifty:
TanasRoot

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:53 pm

I didn't like maple dude, honey melon watercress..

Also- This morning I checked my checking account to discover that the international brotherhood of scumbag bank info thieves struck again! I caught it before the fraud detection dept. at my bank caught it.

Scary. This is a big reason why I don't use my debit card for anything outside of the ATM.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Walk me out in the morning, dude, today ...

I never keep a lot of money in my checking account just for this reason.
marley
West Side Wook

Postby ladyphish » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:15 pm

Morning all!

Ended up with some weekend company unexpectedly. Weather is beautiful. House is clean and laundry is DONE. Looking forward to a nice few days at home.
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby Katiemay » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Good morning OKP. Dude wah diddy diddy dum diddy dude. Speaking of house cleaning and laundry. I'd better get in gear.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:15 pm

Morning folks. I didn't do jack shit with cleaning and laundry this weekend and I'm proud of it.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:57 pm

GMOKP. Had a class all day yesterday for work, so have to try and cram a lot of weekending into Sunday. So far I am maxing the relaxing portion by having coffee in the confines of the air conditioned bedroom. I love spring but the screwy weather is screwy.

Two more weeks until the end of the school year and then a brief time off before summer school starts. Looking forward to the break and change of scenery work-wise. Still trying to figure out what MSG shows I can do. Wish I could go to more than less...much, much less. I am not anti-baker's dozen but NYC is just so damned expensive any way you slice it.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:21 am

^that's where I am with it. Plus it's not easy to travel there to see Phish when you work two jobs & got kids. So I got me a Yes ticket, and I guess I've agreed to see Iron Maiden. Opportunity to change it up a bit. Phish is the band I've seen most, and I'm almost afraid to do the math ... I've probably seen Phish more than all other acts combined.

It's 10:20pm but I'm sure if I wish you all good morning, then you can apply it when the time comes.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:18 pm

^that's where I am with it. Plus it's not easy to travel there to see Phish when you work two jobs & got kids.

I hear you. Have to save those work days for Dick's.

and I guess I've agreed to see Iron Maiden.

Get around to listening to the good albums yet?

Didn't do much this weekend. Watched baseball, watch the Preds lose, played the South Park video game and streamed a few sets from Bonnaroo. Umphrey's mailed their set in yesterday but Greensky was damn fun. Caught the 2nd set of Dead & Company from Saturday too and it was pretty sick.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Good Monday Morning OKP! I was looking at tickets for the Joshua Tree tour here in Sean Diego and am thoroughly pissed off at U2. I'm wondering when U2 sold out? Greedy bastards!
marley
West Side Wook

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion