Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby willbreathes » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:38 pm

I saw American Acoustic last night, what a show.

The Punch Brothers never disappoint.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Katiemay » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Been awhile since I've made it here in morning proper, so I'd like to wish you all a good one. Hope your day outside is as lovely there as it is here.
Katiemay

Postby ghost » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Good morning

I thought of this earlier and it made me laugh:
ghost
Human Being

Postby Katiemay » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:43 pm

From a perfectly lovely summer's day yesterday, to a perfectly crappy one today. In the midst of a few weeks off before school starts back up. No major plans. Just around the house and town stuff. Twin Peaking.
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:39 pm

Good morning, Pa.

My Grandmother died yesterday. She was 90. My aunt was visiting her, and she said "I don't think I am going to make it much longer." So she called all her kids, and told them all that she loved them, but didn't say anything about how she thought she was dying. My dad drove to see her and see if there was anything she needed. He got there, and she said she needed to lay down, so he helped her to her bed and that was it. She had 5 children, 12 grandchildren, and 3 great-grandchildren. Good life, happy death. Who could ask for more?

The military has to grant leave for family deaths, so my brother gets to come home. I'm looking forward to seeing him.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby marley » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Sorry to hear Tom. She's at peace now. Sounds like full long life!
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby willbreathes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:24 am

My final grandmother passed in February. I was very close. Will be thinking of you, Fat Sweaty Bulldog.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Katiemay » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:05 am

Tom, my condolences. What an unbelievably amazing way to leave this earth. I am marveling at the story. How long of a time frame was it from when she said that to your aunt before she passed?

Will, I'm very sorry for your loss.
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Thank you, all.

As for the timeline, about five hours passed between my aunt arriving and my grandmother passing. I don't know how much time passed between her saying that she felt like she wasn't going to make it, and her passing.

Anybody hear about this eclipse that is allegedly supposed to happen today? Boy did that fly under the radar. :roll: I have been reading about how droves of people are going to southern Illinois for this event, and this is actually propping up Amtrak's financial performance as well as the overall economy of the region. Apparently a large portion of southern Illinois's economy is eclipse based, though I think they might want to diversify.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:29 pm

^That's impressive when these folks just seem to know when it's time. By contrast, my great aunt was given "a few more months" with her current cancer situation and it's almost a year and she's still kicking. My condelensces, sir.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Morning, Pa. It's hot and windy today, making for a lazy summer vacation morning. Babysitting this afternoon, so I'm going to enjoy this awhile longer.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:19 pm

Pretty pumped for the weekend. Have Lions/Pats this weekend, the Lockn Festival is offering a free live stream all weekend (though last night's quality left much to be desired), there's Mayweather/McGregor and of course Game of Thrones. Good times.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:09 pm

^ Yessir. A friend of mine is having a bunch of people over for the fight. I really don't know what to expect. The last time I watched a Mayweather fight was the Pacquiao fight, and that was boring as hell. Defensive boxing is not compelling television. I imagine McGregor will be more aggressive (reckless) than Pacquioa, but also... you know... worse. Maybe someone who is more free swinging will lead to a slew of counterpunching by Mayweather, giving us a bit more action.

But really - who knows?

Teddy Atlas said this:

Conor McGregor is a genius, he’s a genius. He really is. He’s a genius promoter and all power to him that he’s put himself in this position to grab this kind of money, but I could name 50 C-level, run of the mill, journeymen boxers that would kill him, that would win easily, easily.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby marley » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:47 pm

ONE WEEK!!!!! PHISH!!!!
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:24 am

^ Yessir. A friend of mine is having a bunch of people over for the fight. I really don't know what to expect.

I do. McGregor's not going to win. An MMA fighter with mediocre boxing skills isn't gonna beat one of the greatest defensive boxers of all time.

I absolutely agree that Floyd's style is not for entertainment and, if it goes his way, it could be very boring. Though Conor annoys me so I kinda wouldn't mind him getting embarrassed a little but Mayweather is super smart in the ring and he's not going to force it if it's not there. So, yeah, like the Pacquaio fight, it's up to the opponent to make it exciting. Pacquaio figured out early in that fight that he really couldn't hit Floyd so he just played it safe late...we'll see what Conor does.

But, I'm not even sure if he'll land a single square blow. I've seen legit good professional fighters fight Floyd and not be able to. Including Arturo Gatti who is just as reckless and tough as Conor and who quit after six rounds when Floyd counter-punched him into oblivion.

So, yeah, I kinda agree with Teddy there.

One thing I will predict: Floyd's gonna come right out probably dressed in red, white and blue to remind people...hey, he's the American in the fight...USA! He did it against Hatton. Anything for a few more cheers.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Good morning Pa. Had to get up early to meet with a contractor and talk about my basement. Its very damp and musty because the rainwater seeps right into the concrete walls. Had planned on getting gutters but just found out they'll be a very costly job because of the way my roof was done. Looks like my best bet is landscaping all along the perimeter that pitches away from the house. Exciting stuff, I know. Unfortunately it's a hot topic for me.

Drank a lot last night. I don't drink too often, or too much when I do, but a new drinking game was learned and it requires much drinking in a short amount of time. After the last round, I hit a wall where I thought I might throw up. Wanted to leave and have some dinner but was stuck there until I sobered up a bit. I held onto the contents of my stomach, thank goodness.

Chilly this morning! Planning to prime the bathroom to paint but between the cool temps, getting up too early and all the drinking, I'd rather go back to bed for awhile.
Katiemay

Postby ghost » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:37 pm

GOOD MORNING!!!

Exciting...
ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:09 pm

GMOKP,

My favorite radio station played some Phish this morning, so I am pretty much ready for the day!

Saturday's fight wasn't a good fight, but it was incredibly entertaining. McGregor did get a couple of meaningful punches in, but after the first few rounds it became one way traffic. That TKO wasn't very satisfying, but I suppose there is no point in getting hurt in what was for all intents and purposes an exhibition.

Have a nice day, OKP!
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:57 pm

Had a pretty fun weekend. Lockn streams all weekend, the fight and Game of Thrones and even got some chores done. This Friday can't get here fast enough.

Most surprising part of Saturday's fight to me was first how quick Conor got tired...dude was fading by the 4th or 5th round. Second was how there was absolutely no power behind his punches at all. He only tagged Mayweather a couple times good early on and it was clear that Floyd was not at all worried about getting hit in the later rounds. He knew he could just go at Conor and not be worried about taking anything back. For all that talk from Conor's camp on a knockout, he had nothing to get a knockout with. I assume he just wasn't used to throwing punches with gloves or something.

On the knockout, you always get folks complaining about quick stoppages when a lot of the public watches a boxing match. Conor's couldn't raise his arms at the end of the 9th and again in the 10th...you have to stop a fight when the guy's not defending himself and he wasn't. And, if they don't stop it then, they'd have stopped it ten seconds after that anyway.

Overall, I think it emphasized a few things on MMA. For one, conditioning isn't even close and it seem like at least a little bit of that time that guys spend rolling around on the mat has gotta be used for resting...something they don't have in a boxing fight. For two, these MMA guys can't box and I'm still convinced of that. Conor showed he had a neat strategy to keep it busy and awkward but the dude still can't actually box.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:08 pm

ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Good morning. Phish tonight!

I'm getting lunches ready and breakfast made and kids dressed and dogs out and such and such. Tardy bell rings at 8:10.

Phish tonight!
ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:14 pm

Good morning OKP,

On Wednesday I got to play a private golf course in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, that was designed by Lee Trevino for networking event put on by a consortium I am a member of. I played like shit, but I still had fun. After the round of golf, there was an open bar, and steak dinner. It was a really great day.

Yesterday though...

My Dicks ticket was supposed to arrive on Wednesday when it didn't arrive, I contacted UPS, who said that I would receive it on Thursday. Yesterday at 6 I called UPS and asked them where my ticket was, they said it was still on the truck. I said their truck had come and gone and there is no ticket. So they called dispatch, who called the driver, who said that there was not envelope for me in his truck. After 5 or 6 phone calls, UPS admitted that they lost my ticket. So I called Stubhub. They made things right by comping me a ticket, which was to be delivered by the Flash Seats app. I got an email this morning saying my replacement ticket was shipping UPS 2 Day Air to my house which means I will not get it before my flight. So I am still, effectively, without a ticket, and I am once again on hold trying to reach Stubhub customer service. Regardless of whether or not I have a ticket in my hand by the time of my flight tomorrow, I am still flying to Denver, because Stubhub guarantees that I will get in to the concert. It just sucks that this is as stressful as it is.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby SirChompsAlot » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Damn that's frustrating dude. I imagine everything will work out alright, but good luck with how everything plays out, I've got my fingers crossed for ya.

Your golf story naturally made me think of “Welcome to Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge. I am Carvallo."
SirChompsAlot

Postby TanasRoot » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:42 pm

JRAD was fun last night! Divided Sky and Bathtub Gin teases!

so ready for phish :wave:
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby Harpua » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:41 am

-Update-

Still no ticket. Stubhub says the dude has until midnight, but no action can be taken until morning.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion