Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby Katiemay » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:46 am

Harpua wrote:-Update-

Still no ticket. Stubhub says the dude has until midnight, but no action can be taken until morning.

::fingers crossed::

Let me know if you need me to kick anyone's ass.

Enjoy the show!
Katiemay

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby GratefulPhish » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:37 pm

I'm confused, I thought you said they were being delivered via the app? Why are you still waiting on hard tickets?
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby Harpua » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:54 pm

^ The hard ticket is lost and gone forever. I am not waiting on that. For some reason when I got my confirmation Email on the replacement, it said The delivery method would be UPS 2 Day, but it was supposed to be an e-ticket. There is much confusion about how that happened.The seller has to authorize the transfer, which is literally as easy as logging in and clicking the transfer button. He hasn't done that yet. He is cutting it way too close. Stubhub apparently can't take action until 2.

-update-

I'm going to Phish. That took way more steps than it should have.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Katiemay » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:30 pm

^woohoo!

Good afternoon OKP. Dark in the daytime. I may sleep, sleep in the daytime. If I want to stay up for the entire show tonight.
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Back at it! Clean shaven and ready to rock. This past weekend was a nice, if not entirely too short, break from reality. I loved Dicks.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby marley » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:13 pm

Had a blast at Dick's this past weekend. Now, re-entry.... ooof.... :yawn:
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Ug, I had to cancel and Alpine trip back in 2.0 because the shady scalper I used took so long to get me tickets that it was impossible to get them at home and go to the show. Was a total mess. Glad to see it worked out for you and we got to hang, Tom.

Seriously, what a wacky weekend. Love all the hanging out and meetups and then, of course, the shows. I still can't get over that Friday night jam-filled set but the entire evening was a treat. Can't wait to give it another listen. Definitely up for next year though I may fly in a [day] early this time...flying in on the day of that Friday show can be rough.
Last edited by El Bastarde on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Bastarde

Postby SirChompsAlot » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:13 am

El Bastarde wrote:though I may fly in a year early this time

Seems like the only appropriate course of action :clap:
SirChompsAlot

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Derp, I meant a DAY early. But hanging there all year don't sound too bad. STS9's at Red Rocks this weekend...
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:02 pm

I hope to be there all three nights next year.

I just got a text alert saying that my ticket has been delivered.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Katiemay » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:22 pm

GMOKP. Enjoying the relaxing solitude of my first weekend morning after the start of the new school year. I am doing a clinical supervision and mentorship for a newly graduated speech path in our district. My first time doing such a thing. Huge bump in responsibility but I'm trying to take it all in stride and not doing bad so far.

Need to start cranking out the watching of this new Twin Peaks season before they pull them off Showtime on demand. I've only watched the first episode as of yet. The darkness of it threw me a bit. Where is the quirk? Where is the jazz?

Hope this post finds you all in good spirits.
Katiemay

Postby SirChompsAlot » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Good morning y'all. I was glad to wake up in my own bed (in Chicago) after spending Thursday night and Friday morning worrying about whether or not I'd be able to get out of south FL before the storm hit.

I was scheduled to leave from Palm Beach to O'Hare at 4:45 on Thursday night, but that flight was cancelled due to lack of flight attendants. I was freaking out a bit that I wouldn't be able to find a flight since everyone was trying to leave. I was scrambling to think about how to at least get off the coast, maybe drive to Orlando and try to get a flight from there? Luckily I was able to get a ticket from Fort Lauderdale headed to Dallas leaving at 8:30 Thursday night. ghost was gonna pick me up since he lives near DFW. However, that flight was delayed by about an hour, and after everyone got on the plane, they announced that there were thunderstorms over FL that grounded all westbound flights, and if the pilots waited or flew around it, they'd time out so that flight was cancelled too.

I stayed the night in Fort Lauderdale Thurs night with a ticket to fly from Fort Lauderdale to Austin to Dallas on Friday morning. That flight made it out, and when I got to Austin, I was able to get on a flight to Chicago yesterday night. So short story long, I made it home a day later than scheduled, but there was a lot of stress, and a lot of time spent at airports over that 24 hours or so.

That said I've got friends and coworkers who decided to stick around and brave the storm, so I'm hopeful that they stay safe and dry, and that everyone stays safe and dry over the next few days.
SirChompsAlot

Postby Harpua » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:02 pm

GMOKP,

NFL begins in earnest today. My Bears are taking on Matty Ice and The Falcons. If this game was in the middle of the season, I would suspect The Bears would lose by 20, but because they are as prepared as they can possibly get, I think they will lose by 12.

I am going to try to read today, but football has a funny way of distracting me.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby marley » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:03 pm

And you already have 40 points in OKP fantasy, so I'd read too! :wave:
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby Harpua » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:52 pm

I did not read a single word. I sat around watching football all day, and when there was no more football to be watched, I started catching up on Arrow. (Yes, I am that big of a nerd. :geek: )

The OKP has sailed back into the doldrums, and there is nothing on my schedule, aside from work, for the foreseeable future. Not having a far off date of importance (usually Phish, but sometimes it is a work trip, sporting event or wedding) slowly drawing nearer is a weird feeling. I need something to be excited about, and it clearly isn't going to be sports this year.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:47 pm

I did not read a single word. I sat around watching football all day, and when there was no more football to be watched, I started catching up on Arrow.

The same on doing nothing. I planned on paying bills and going through mail and, even with me sitting there for hours on end, I did none of it. Felt great.

Got a slow period but then I'm off three days next week when my brother comes to town. I'm dragging him to see The Werks next Thursday and then Bob Seger that Saturday. Good times.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Good morning.

On Sunday evening around 8:00 I let the dogs out in the yard. Cinder took care of business and was ready to come back in right away. Belle (who is 16 years old) was doing whatever ancient dogs do. Usually she noses her way back in the door when she's done. I didn't even remember she was out there until 10:30. By then, she was gone. I found her yesterday around 3:00. She was tired and thirsty, but seemed OK otherwise. Belle's night out, I guess. (Psst...don't tell anyone...pets are a giant pain in the ass.)

ghost
Human Being

Postby SirChompsAlot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:03 pm

ghost wrote:I found her yesterday around 3:00. She was tired and thirsty, but seemed OK otherwise.

I'm glad you didn't just sit on the porch like a goon :lol:
SirChompsAlot

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Usually she noses her way back in the door when she's done. I didn't even remember she was out there until 10:30. By then, she was gone. I found her yesterday around 3:00.

I'll let my cat outside to explore and hunt for usually only an hour or two at a time. She's not an outdoor cat but she likes exploring outside, usually when I'm also out there doing stuff. I've had a number of times when I've come back in, got baked and watched TV and totally forgot the cat was out there. Thankfully, she's a super good cat and never, ever leaves the yard. Half the time I'll come out looking for her and she'll run out from wherever she's hiding to say hello. It's pretty nice to have.

Also yesterday she killed a mole...it's like her 8th or 9th mole total and the 2nd this month...she tore the last one in half and may or may not have devoured the top half...I never really found it. She's basically a serial killer at this point.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Usually she noses her way back in the door when she's done. I didn't even remember she was out there until 10:30. By then, she was gone. I found her yesterday around 3:00.

I'll let my cat outside to explore and hunt for usually only an hour or two at a time. She's not an outdoor cat but she likes exploring outside when the weather's nice, usually when I'm also out there doing stuff. I've had a number of times when I've come back in, got baked and watched TV and totally forgot the cat was out there. Thankfully, she's a super good cat and never, ever leaves the yard. Half the time I'll come out looking for her and she'll run out from wherever she's hiding to say hello. It's pretty nice to have that assurance.

Also yesterday she killed a mole...it's like her 8th or 9th mole total and the 2nd this month...she tore the last one in half and may or may not have devoured the top half...I never really found it. She's basically a serial killer at this point.
Last edited by El Bastarde on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:18 pm

So it turns out.... Ghost let the dogs out.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Harpua » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm

^ :lol: :clap: It's about time someone got to the bottom of it.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Harpua » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Good morning, folks :wave:

Kinda slow around here these days, which is completely understandable. Summer tour is in the rearview mirror, and there is no Phish on the horizon. It is "productive members of society" season.

There is a really good local jamband that is playing one of my old haunts for Halloween, so I am pretty amped about that. Anyone here familiar with Mungion? Check them out if you are unfamiliar. They are playing a spot called Durty Nellies (I would imagine SirChompsAlot and Ghost know of the venue). If Mungion wasn't playing, I would avoid this place like the plague. It looks like a venue that you would see in a PSA about Rufilin. I haven't been there in years; it is always a shit-show.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Anyone here familiar with Mungion?

I've heard OF them but haven't heard much of their music...they're one of those who seems to open a lot for bigger jambands or can be heard at the local festivals.

I'm seeing my own small-time jamband in The Werks this Thursday. My brother's in town so I'm dragging him with me. It's kind of fun seeing these guys cheap in these small venues with maybe only 200 people. I'm seeing a few more of them in the next few months in Billy Strings, Spafford and Aqueous, all of whom are pretty sweet.

Looking forward to the short work-weed. Only working Mon-Wed then I'm off to have fun my the bro. Seeing the Werks on Thurs and then Bob Seger on Saturday. Much drinking will likely be involved.
El Bastarde

Postby SirChompsAlot » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:26 pm

Harpua wrote:Durty Nellies (I would imagine SirChompsAlot and Ghost know of the venue).

I've heard of it, but I've never been there. Palatine, right? My next concert is Poi Dog Pondering at Thalia hall this Saturday. Not really a jam band, but they usually have about 15 musicians and singers on stage with them. I think they're fun.
SirChompsAlot

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion