Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby Harpua » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:27 pm

^ Damn dude. Sounds like it has been a rough stretch for you. I hope your luck turns around. Were you able to unload your Dicks tix?

I'm pretty stoked to see so many members pop in over the course of the last couple of weeks. I hope that they make a habit of it.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Katiemay » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Stevo, damn. That sucks, big time. My friend had a staph infection in his leg a few years ago and it was a bear to treat. Hope it keeps receding away from that line.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:21 pm

What's up dudes.

I'm up having breakfast after a long night. I'm starting to feel the effects of age, or maybe I just haven't done enough gigs lately ... but I'm pretty worn out. My wrists and fingers are sore from playing, my whole body is resisting that I have another gig tonight. It was too much music, to be fair about it - every year we play this same party and they want like six or seven hours of tunes. Gonna be ibuprofen on the menu today. If I can swing a nap that'll help. Tonight I'm solo and I think there's a flight of stairs involved in the set up. Plus this party is similar, in that it's annual and they always want many more hours than what's typical.

I saw the Friday webcast, I thought it was good. Had a very active talker in the room the whole time, so my appreciation was sporadic.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:50 pm

^hope you remained standing throughout the night! Enjoy your day of rest today.

Mornin' Pa. My school year starts tomorrow. 2 conference days and kids start Thursday. Blah. It's like the Sunday evening dread x100. Just have to accept it though. I could hide in bed miserable all day, or I could try to get things as clean and orderly as possible before the full time schedule kicks back in. Time is going to bring me to tomorrow morning at the same rate either way. At least I have an unwatched stream from last night yet. That definitely puts a brighter spin on things.

Happy Labor Day and week, everyone.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:41 pm

I tried watching the stream and fell asleep halfway thru set one! Good morning!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby fone » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:31 am

GMOKP.

If you ever have the chance, go see David Byrne in concert.

Marie and I have seen him about five times over the past ten or twelve years and every tour is a different approach to his music, different musicians, different instrumentation and different stage shows. He manages to be always exciting.

We saw him again in the basketball arena of a local university last night and I can't say enough great things about the show. Twelve musicians including Byrne, half of them percussionists, all of them in choreographed movements on every song. It was like watching a rock marching band playing Byrnes new and old music.

I believe he said they're headed up to Syracuse next, so Katiemay and Big D, if you have the opportunity, you won't be disappointed.

Also happen to meet themomadans at the show and we hung out for most of it in a pretty chill area off in one corner. Always good to hang out with Dan at a show, he has a wonderful attitude toward the music.

Should still be sleeping, but the rhythms in my head got me going early, and I don't mind it a bit.
Here's your ticket pack your bag
Time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far,
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire
fone
The Sage

Postby fone » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:47 am

^In case you're really interested and I encourage you to be so...…

Sep8 2018 Toyota Presents Oakdale Theater Wallingford, CT
Sep9 2018 Palace Theater Albany, NY
Sep11 2018 Merrill Auditorium Portland, ME
Sep12 2018 Landmark Theatre Syracuse, NY
Sep13 2018 CityFolk Festival Ottawa, ONT, Canada
Sep15 2018 Forest Hills Stadium Queens, NY
Sep16 2018 Kings Theatre Brooklyn, NY
Sep17 2018 Kings Theatre Brooklyn, NY
Sep20 2018 Mann Center for Performing Arts Philadelphia, PA
Sep22 2018 Bourbon and Beyond Louisville, KY
Sep23 2018 N. Charleston Performing Arts Center N Charleston, SC
Sep26 2018 Florida Theater Jacksonville, FL
Sep28 2018 Dr. Phillips Center for The Performing Arts Orlando, FL
Sep29 2018 The Fillmore Miami Beach, FL
Sep30 2018 Mahaffey Theater Tampa, FL
Oct2 2018 Fox Theatre Atlanta, GA
Oct3 2018 BJCC Concert Hall Birmingham, AL
Oct5 2018 Austin City Limits Music Festival Austin, TX
Oct6 2018 Verizon Theater at Grand Prairie Dallas, TX
Oct9 2018 Tobin Center for the Performing Arts San Antonio, TX
Oct10 2018 Bass Concert Hall Austin, TX
Oct12 2018 Austin City Limits Festival, Austin TX
Fightin' fire with fire
fone
The Sage

Postby Katiemay » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:26 pm

^after reading these posts, I did look into it. I know it would've been awesome but I had to decline for financial and life reasons.
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Good morning, folks.

It feels like autumn here, and I am psyched for that. I've been riding a bike every other day recently. Right now my farthest distance is 13.2 miles , but I am planning on going 15 miles minimum this Friday (weather permitting). I know these numbers don't sound like much to people who actually ride regularly, but you have to start somewhere, and I am taking it slow because I have had enough sports injuries to know better than to do too much too fast.

Have a great week everyone!
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:14 pm

Morning dudes! Happy Fall indeed! I'm a fan ... Summer can be a drag!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Weather's still been pretty mild here so Fall is working out. Been loving football being back every weekend.

Just finished a "perfect football weekend" which is when:

-Michigan State wins
-The Lions win
-I win the week in Pick-em (11-5)
-I win in all my fantasy leagues

Doesn't happen often!
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:33 pm

^right on

My morning killed it, having a great day. Listening to Trey's Trey Anastasio CD in the car, work is smooth, looking at a decent couple days ahead.

Mornin dudez
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby fone » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Good morning.

Preordered for the holiday run at MSG, hoping to do the two middle shows. Can't do any of this Fall tour because of a two week jaunt out to the national parks in the southwest, Zion, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands and the GC. Going to be a whirlwind and pretty costly so the Fall shows are out for me.

Was also looking at a last minute three night run for Tedeschi Trucks at the Orpheum in Boston at the end of November, but I can't convince Marie of that idea. Too much in the middle of the holidays for a trip that ambitious. Any of youse near-Boston OKP'ers should consider these shows. This band is freaking hot.

Have also considered an offer to return to work part time from home. Played golf last Friday with a supervisor I used to support and he asked me to consider coming back a couple of days a week. Told him I would under certain conditions, but he would have to check with the program folks because I understand that funding is tight, especially this time of year for DoD projects. Actually most government funding is tight right now since the fiscal year ends on September 30.

If I could put in 16 hours a week at my discretion, that would be perfect, especially at my old salary rate. I wouldn't have nearly the stress I did being a security POC for the programs, but maintain the same rate of pay. They might go for it according to the person I played golf with.

Well, off to my class on The Twilight Zone. Been pretty OK so far. We watch a couple of half hour episodes, the instructor introduces some background material on them and then we discuss them. Amazing how classroom dynamics haven't changed at all in sixty years. There are still the geeks who raise their hands all the time, still the cutups in the back of the room making fun of the geeks, and still the people who are clueless and could care less about what's going on.

Have a great day ole OKP.
Fightin' fire with fire
fone
The Sage

Postby Harpua » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Listened to jam filled on my ride yesterday. I made it 15 miles and some change. Jam filled is fine for a long ride, but 12.6.97 is the one you want to listen to if you are trying to push yourself. Pedaling harder is an involuntary reaction to Tweezabella.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:08 pm

but 12.6.97 is the one you want to listen to if you are trying to push yourself. Pedaling harder is an involuntary reaction to Tweezabella.

That's like one of my favorite segues ever. So good.

So i got cleared off crutches on Mon so I'm (sadly) back at work but it's nice to be able to move around again. I'm still careful on stairs and taking it easy but it's nice. I have a concert this weekend but not sure if I'll do it...I don't quite trust the foot yet.

There are still the geeks who raise their hands all the time, still the cutups in the back of the room making fun of the geeks, and still the people who are clueless and could care less about what's going on.

As folks get older, you also get the "person who nods and has to say they agree or make comments to everything the instructor says." Really annoying and they have no idea it's annoying.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Haha. I have found I've become a nodder in my adulthood. It started when I went back to school in my 30s. I think being older and a serious student made me see my teachers differently. More on the level of a peer as opposed to the child/student and adult/teacher dynamic you develop in your youth. Being more engaged in learning and wanting them to feel like someone was actually listening and understanding, I upped my participation game through eye contact and nodding. Very little verbal participation, though. Unless I feel I have a valid question that has not been addressed.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Whelp, hope to have an enjoyable weekend. We have Elton John tonight with some pretty good seats with standing room, then a weekend of football (Lions on bye so they can't lose!), then a free Umphrey's stream on Sunday...then Phish on Tuesday!

I ended up not hitting the concert last weekend since I just didn't want general admission where I can't sit and rest my foot. Won't have that issue for Elton. Pretty pumped to get out for the first time in a while.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:50 pm

^ Nice. Have fun at Elton John.

I got free tickets to see a preseason Bulls game, so I am taking my nephew. We won't get to see Markkanen, but we will get to see Wendell Carter Jr, who looked really good in summer league. How pathetic is this team that I am looking forward to seeing Wendell Carter Jr? (And Jabari Parker :lol: )

Other than that, I'm planning to do a 16 mile ride tomorrow, and watch the Bears v Dolphins w/friends on Sunday.

Have a good weekend, everyone!
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Errr...Bump?

Other than that, I'm planning to do a 16 mile ride tomorrow, and watch the Bears v Dolphins w/friends on Sunday.

Clearly, you don't just walk into Brock Osweiler's house and think you're getting a win. Seriously, as a Jordan Howard owner, it was great to watch them actually try to get him a TD with multiple carries only for him to fumble on the goalline. Way to earn it, buddy. Meanwhile I'm losing by 8 in my money league.

Elton John crushed it this weekend for what I assume is the last time I'll see him. Had a stretch in the middle of Rocket Man (10min), Take Me to the Pilot (personal fav), Someone Saved My Life Tonight (epic), Levon (10min), Candle in the Wind (solo) and Funeral for a Friend (10min). Just about made the show there.

Your Monday (?) Song:
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:15 pm

All this spam? Ugh. People are the worst. Thank you, moderators. :wave:

From Wikipedia:
Spam prevention and deletions measurably increase the workload of forum administrators and moderators. The amount of time and resources spent keeping a forum spam-free contributes significantly to labor cost and the skill required in the running of a public forum. Marginally profitable or smaller forums may be permanently closed by administrators.

Good morning. I'm excited for the start of Fall tour. Jambase has a cool article.
https://www.jambase.com/article/10-most-memorable-phish-albany-moments
ghost
Human Being

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion