Postby goldphish » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:47 pm

FROSTED MINI WHEATS, BITCHES!!
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Food thread, The

Postby willbreathes » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:43 pm

Get on it, people!
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:22 pm

I’m on it. Already stopped at the Polish Cultural Center on the way home from work yesterday. Came in today and someone brought some more in. Have two paczkis in me already and will have another tonight.
El Bastarde

Postby AsianGirl » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Jeff G wrote:Perhaps I should change my name to Geoff. Or geo-geoff. Or planted pots. Or Thomas Jefferson. As "Jeff" is already taken.

I've always liked Geo-Jeff but that's just me trying to cover both ways of spelling your name.
*Everything from now on is all Gravy*
AsianGirl

Postby goldphish » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:11 pm

^yes! geopolitical jeff or geological jeff or geology jeff or geozoologic hermaphroditic um wait no :eh:
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Postby AsianGirl » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Geodesic-Jeff wrote:^yes! geopolitical jeff or geological jeff or geology jeff or geozoologic hermaphroditic um wait no :eh:

Hey hey hey ... "Geodesic-Jeff" works for me!

I'm still gonna write "Geo-Jeff" when I refer to you though ... fewer letters ;P
*Everything from now on is all Gravy*
AsianGirl

Postby goldphish » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:28 pm

the naming possibilities of "Geo-Jeff" are endless!

oh and POTATOES. (I'm baking some right now).
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:28 am

I just ate a bowl of Frankenberry cereal. It's like a gateway drug to more monster cereals. Next thing you know I'll be paying hundreds of dollars on ebay for a sealed box of Yummy Mummy. Which actually sounds like a bitchin' idea right now.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Is Frankenberry still/back on the market? I'm pretty sure I have never had it. Which is blowing my mind, because how can that be possible?
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:07 am

I don't know wtf Frank's deal is. He and the Count and Boo-Berry seem to have been relegated to holiday-only status. And this time I only saw the Frankenberry, not the other guys. Then he was gone, hasn't been back at the store since. And of course the box is long since eaten; I got just the one bowl.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Later that day, after asking about the Frankenberry, I saw a display of it at Walgreens. Frank and Count. No Boo.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Ha!

Played a wedding in Maine Saturday, and my diet went from amazing to shit during my drive home and hasn't quite recovered. Exquisite cherry filled pastry at the local donut shop before the gig, then the wedding meal (best food I've had in forever. certainly the best brussel sprouts of my life. squash that I should've got its autograph). I'd played it right too, ate light & smart all day before that. Felt just exactly right.

Then on the late night drive home, I bought a plain cheeseburger & small fry at McDonald's in Lowell MA at 1AM just to have something to do. Hot dogs & chips for brunch Sunday morning between disc golf rounds, followed by pumpkin chocolate chip frosted cookies & Cumberland Farms honey/cheese puffs after round two (was full from brunch, ate it anyway), ... .& then fish sandwich @ Burger King for dinner (was full from brunch & cookie/Cumbys snack still, ate it anyway) last night.
:wtf:

Still feel like I need to just eat a head of lettuce before resuming normal eating. But you know if I had Count Chocula right now I'd be all over it.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Then on the late night drive home, I bought a plain cheeseburger & small fry at McDonald's in Lowell MA at 1AM just to have something to do

I tend to grab tacos ate Taco Bell for my late night munchies...usually after coming from a show or bar.
El Bastarde

Postby ladyphish » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:35 pm

I drive 600-1100 miles in the first 3 days of every week, so I grab alot of shit food in the name of convenience. I've probably gained a good 25 lbs from this time last year doing it :-( I'm working on drastic improvement, so I'm hoping I have a much different story this time next year lol.

Going to be making tons of snacks in the dehydrator this weekend for me to chow down on while I'm driving and such. It's really a very valuable toy to have. Gonna do some kale, zucchini, cauliflower, apples, and maybe a few other goodies :thumbup:
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby ladyphish » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:39 pm

I made the most delicious soup this weekend, holy shit! Lentils are cheap as shit, so I found several recipes I wanted to try out. Got out my trusty crock pot, put in sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, red lentils, fresh ginger, curry powder, onions, wild rice, salt pepper, fresh garlic, fresh lemon juice, water, and coconut milk. Stirred it all together and let it cook on low for 8 hours. I added another couple teaspoons curry, salt, and another half cup of coconut milk when it was done. OH. MY. GOSH. It's seriously one of the best things I've ever eaten in my life. I cannot stop shoveling it in my face. HIGHLY recommend!
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby goldenroad » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Making Miso glazed cod and Gomaae for supper. On a big Japanese/Korean kick lately. I can't get enough Kimchi. Would have it with every meal if I could.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby ghost » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:23 pm

I can't see myself eating turtle soup out of a turtle shell.

https://www.saveur.com/history-of-turtle-soup-hunting
ghost
Human Being

Postby fone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:14 pm

I've had turtle soup within the past few years outside of Lancaster PA. It was the first time and possibly the only time since it was only OK.

I made a killer chicken, kale, corn and white bean soup on Sunday. The kale was out of the garden (kale and swiss chard grow very well in my back yard) and very sweet. The corn was local farm stand stuff and the chicken was one of those rotisserie jobs from Costco.

Onions, celery and garlic sautéed in oil. Throw in a nice amount of fresh kale and wilt it down in the pot. Add two quarts of stock (I used one chicken and one vegetable). Cook two ears of fresh corn and cut the kernels off when cooled and throw into the soup. Cut up one breast and one thigh from the chicken and throw that into the soup. Lastly is a can of white beans. I used cannellini beans.

Heat it all together for about ten or fifteen minutes and it done once you salt and pepper to taste. Good stuff.
Here's your ticket pack your bag
Time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far,
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire
fone
The Sage

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:58 pm

I'm eating a pear right now. I washed it.

Ate a banana before that, prep was peeling it.

Tonight though, I think I'm prepping eggplant casserole, which will be somewhat more involved.

But the real news is, Count Chocula and Frankenberry FAMILY SIZE. Had two bowls of Count Chocula at like 1am. How old am I, lol.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Count Chocula and Frankenberry FAMILY SIZE. Had two bowls of Count Chocula at like 1am. How old am I, lol.

I just had some Lucky Charms this morning. I'll never grow out of that shit. But I was also responsible and tossed some wheat germ for digestion on top because I'm an adult, darn it.
El Bastarde

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion