#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Type your thoughts

Postby ghost » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:12 pm

From December 11, 2006:
goldenroad wrote:I just had a call come into work here and the name on the call display said SUPER MILF.
ghost
Human Being

Postby piper » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Which candidate matches you on the issues? Very cool and informative site.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Quiz/Quiz201 ... z=Pres2016
piper

Postby marley » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:57 am

OK OKP! I created a just for fun March Madness bracket, in case anyone wants to enter.

https://yho.com/tourney?g=70694&k=6a6aa ... oc_trk=lnk
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:13 pm

^I joined. My bracket is lame, though. I saw a co-worker's and it was like identical to his. And I thought I was so clever...
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:37 pm

^^ Joined. :wave:
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby fone » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:39 pm

On Friday I had committed to having my furnace and AC replaced for just over 9K. Work was supposed to start on Thursday. Yesterday I looked up some things and realized I was being majorly ripped off, so I stopped payment on the deposit check and notified the company that I was cancelling the contract. Going to take more time to spec things out and get several more estimates.

Although we also committed this weekend to a week in Yellowstone and the Tetons in September, and for right now, that appears to be a "go". Just have to arrange flights and rental cars to make it happen. Already getting excited for this trip.
Go down in your own way
And everyday is the right day
And as you rise above the fear lines in his frown
You look down
Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd
fone
The Sage

Postby fone » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:53 pm

All right, just one more thought about yesterday, that was overall a pretty righteous one.

And what made it so much so was last night, after Jaime and I got home from 10 Cloverfield Lane (see the movie thread), and I opened up the Roger Waters In The Flesh album from Amazon (see the What Else are you Listening to thread), we went downstairs to relax on the couch at 8 to watch some tube until Marie was due home from shopping.

So I flip up to the Encore channels because I'm always willing to watch anything on TV without commercials that shows interrupted every 7 minutes by the damn things. And as the clock struck 8, The Big Lebowski was just starting. I had asked my grandson if he had seen the movie before, and he had not.

What a fricken great night it was indeed. First the Godfather, then Godfather II, and last night, the Dude! It was so fundamentally satisfying for me, because I derive so much pleasure from movies, to share the experience with him. He understood and appreciated so much of the humor that it made the overall experience so much more rewarding.

So we watched two John Goodman movies together last night. Interesting perspective. What's more interesting though, is how good it was to share humor with my grandson. At times he seems so tightly rapped, that much of our time together is spent waiting for him to relax and enjoy life a little with us. I don't know what to do or say to him to get him to open up a little. Most of our granddaughters are so much easier in that respect, relaxed and open about their feelings and relaxed enough in our presence to express themselves oh so boisterously at times.

Not so with Jaime, and I know it has much to do with his father and his father's genes. We believe that one of the reasons our daughter encourages his weekly visits is for him to spend some time with a male role model that's a little looser, one is both candid and amused by life.

Last night the Big Lebowski helped me achieve some of these goals. Don't know how much so, but I'm convinced that Jaime now believes the Dude abides.
Go down in your own way
You look down
fone
The Sage

Postby y0n » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:41 am

Fucked up on the due date of a paper for class :(

Waiting to hear back about what the ramifications will be
y0n

Postby Buster » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:02 am

RAMifications. They will be strict.

Who's getting hit by this snowstorm Selene?

On par with this winter, it's missing us completely.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby Katiemay » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:08 pm

That pic of Mike on the home page looks like someone from an 80s glam metal band.
Katiemay

Postby ladyphish » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:05 pm

Bank credited us an escrow overage when the new mortgage took over. They put it in my personal savings account so my husband knows nothing about it. I just found out myself. It's money we equally paid for the mortgage + escrow account. Fucker never pays for groceries or clothes/toys for Piper, or anything that needs fixing, or...you get it. I think I'm going to tell him about it tonight. Curious what others would do in this situation: do the right thing and share it or be all sneaky like and keep it?

Also, I HIGHLY recommend everybody listening to The Majesty of Calmness by William George Jordan. It's a free audio book on Librovox. It's only 7 chapters and I don't think any of them lasts more than 10 minutes. It was written in 1900, but it's still so relevant and wonderful. DL that shit. Go ahead. I'll wait.
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:52 pm

^I'd tell him; honesty and Truth ain't just two hookers from Dallas.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby y0n » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:02 am

^^^^ got an A

0 ramifications were given
y0n

Postby ladyphish » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:06 am

hosemasterflex wrote:^I'd tell him; honesty and Truth ain't just two hookers from Dallas.

I said I was going to. Just curious if others might take the money and run :-)
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby ladyphish » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:06 am

hosemasterflex wrote:^I'd tell him; honesty and Truth ain't just two hookers from Dallas.

I said I was going to. Just curious if others might take the money and run :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:35 pm

I think I'm going to tell him about it tonight. Curious what others would do in this situation: do the right thing and share it or be all sneaky like and keep it?

My Mom once got a $10,000 tax refund check from the IRS. She was a good soldier and contacted them about it as it was clearly an error. Very tempting though...

It was written in 1900, but it's still so relevant and wonderful. DL that shit. Go ahead. I'll wait.

I can't just read it? :mrgreen:
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:20 pm

ladyphish wrote:Bank credited us an escrow overage when the new mortgage took over. They put it in my personal savings account so my husband knows nothing about it. I just found out myself. It's money we equally paid for the mortgage + escrow account. Fucker never pays for groceries or clothes/toys for Piper, or anything that needs fixing, or...you get it. I think I'm going to tell him about it tonight. Curious what others would do in this situation: do the right thing and share it or be all sneaky like and keep it?

It's hard to say what I'd do, but I'm thinking tell him AND keep it. I don't know how much it was but if you're paying for most household expenses, in your situation, I might say "I'll use it to cover all the shit I have to buy for our house and kid."
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:33 pm

2nd out of 4 in Sean's OKP NCAA Bracket Challenge. Not Bad. MSU absolutely killed all of us.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:46 pm

^Ug, yeah...I stopped even checking the bracket after the first two days. Lost MSU, Zona, WVA all in the same day. Got worse from there.

But last night's game was pretty damn sweet. Good action for most of the game and I can't remember a title being decided on a buzzer beater before. Incredible. (Edit: Forgot that NCState had one in 83 as well). Nice to see Jay Wright finally get it done. It's hilarious how much we blew off this Nova team all year since we're just used to these Nova teams falling short in the tournament...even when they were #1, no one took them seriously. Kinda reminds you that if a team keeps getting these high seeds, they're going to break through eventually.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:49 am

Harpua wrote:2nd out of 4 in Sean's OKP NCAA Bracket Challenge. Not Bad. MSU absolutely killed all of us.

Best. Game. Ever!
marley
West Side Wook

Postby ghost » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:17 pm

fone wrote:Although we also committed this weekend to a week in Yellowstone and the Tetons in September, and for right now, that appears to be a "go". Just have to arrange flights and rental cars to make it happen. Already getting excited for this trip.

I am also going to Yellowstone and the Tetons...but at the end of June. I always wonder about when and where I am going to meet THE Fone. An OKP meetup under an antler arch would have been epic.
Last edited by ghost on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghost
Human Being

Postby fone » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Epic is an understatement for a meet up with the ghost. :wave:

Also found out recently that I may have a business trip to Poole England in early August. It might be nice to walk the countryside with Glenn and Scully.
Go down in your own way
You look down
fone
The Sage

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:26 pm

Wow, congrats to Golden State for breaking the wins record...I watched most of that game even if it was a blowout. Curry was sick.

And, no, I watched virtually none of the Kobe chuck-fest. Have little interest in a guy who hasn't been a team player in years just jacking it up to show off. Curry scored 45 with 60% shooting. I'll take that instead.
El Bastarde

Postby ladyphish » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Deactivated my FB page a couple weeks ago and I think it was one of the best things I've ever done. I won't say it's forever, but life sure has been nice without it.
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion