Seen any good movies lately?

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Seen any good movies lately?

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:46 pm

As a movie, it is probably a 2 star flick, but as an enjoyable movie theater experience, I give it 5 stars. It is probably my second favorite installment in the lumbering dinosaur that is the Jurassic Park franchise.

LOL, considering you basically openly mocked the movie in your review, I like that it ended as your second-favorite. Doesn't say a lot about the other movies in the series. For me, I saw Lost World and it was terrible and I was out on the franchise right there. I'd rather just watch the 1st for the 20th time than see a new one.

I am proud to say I at least DVR'd the original Ant Man as inspiration of the new one. I tend to like the super-hero movies that AREN'T part of some annoying expanded universe so I may like it.
El Bastarde

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harpua » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:49 pm

El Bastarde wrote:LOL, considering you basically openly mocked the movie in your review, I like that it ended as your second-favorite. Doesn't say a lot about the other movies in the series. For me, I saw Lost World and it was terrible and I was out on the franchise right there. I'd rather just watch the 1st for the 20th time than see a new one.

Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies, and I think the rest of the franchise is horrible. Fallen Kingdom really doubled down on the ridiculousness and found that "bad movie but fun to watch" sweet spot. I wish MST3K had the budget to spoof this one.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby willbreathes » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 pm

El Bastarde wrote:I tend to like the super-hero movies that AREN'T part of some annoying expanded universe so I may like it.

hmmmm....

I've said too much.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:48 pm

^LOL, Well I know Ant Man's part of it...I'd just hope it's kept to a minimum.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Sorry To Bother You is fantastic!

I went in expecting a character study of a guy getting a job at a telemarketing firm, I get something completely different.

Highly recommend going in blind. Finally a movie where the trailer doesn't ruin everything.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion