The UNofficial Sunday thread

Anything non-Phish related.

Postby ladyphish » Sun May 04, 2008 4:36 pm

Let's make this the place for weekend recaps, bitchings, predictions, or expectations about the upcoming work week, excitement for the dawn of a new week, etc. Let's start the week off right damn it!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 04, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ladyphish » Sun May 04, 2008 4:45 pm

I'll start :-)

For some reason, I can never enjoy Sunday's. Probably because I know Monday is next and that means responsibilities start again. It's so stupid but just about every Sunday is spent dreading Monday. Anyone else have these feelings of dread? They seem to be less now that Monday is one of my off days, but still, the dread seems to linger out of habit, I suppose.

Spent the majority of this weekend working at the hospital. Did absolutely nothing lastnight. NOTHING and it was glorious. Still have another 4.25 hours to go here and it's SUCH a boring day. MP3 player got me through the end of yesterday but the battery is dead and I neglected to recharge it lastnight while doing NOTHING.

The upcoming week should be a pretty good one. We have a banquet for my class Wednesday night so, free food, yay! Have to give a silly award to one of my classmates and hopefully it will get laughs instead of confused looks. Next weekend is a little overnight camping trip at the state park just a few miles away. Really easy to pack up and go home if the kids aren't enjoying themselves. A friend of my daughter and her mom are going with us and we're all looking forward to it.

Have a great Sunday everybody!
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby Buster » Sun May 04, 2008 5:21 pm

A non-usual lazy Sunday, it's raining here in NY, or at least it was, it stopped for a while I think. Usually my weekends are filled with riding and racing on Sunday's, but it's crappy out, so we didn't go. Also, racing will be cut down this year as I'll be saving my money for my apartment up at school, need to pay the bills so something needs to get cut.

At school I got into biking quite a bit, and yesterday I rode my bike to the park I work at to see how bad it would be, and it wasn't bad at all, I thoroughly enjoyed it. So, I'm going to be taking my bike to work tomorrow morning, so I'm actually excited for Monday morning to come. It's about a 20 minute ride, and one large hill, so hopefully it won't kill me too bad for the work day, and hopefully I'll have enough energy to ride home.... If I like it, I would really, really like to make it a regular thing. It'll be good for me, fun, and save gas money!
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby Funky Begonia » Sun May 04, 2008 6:58 pm

Lazy Sunday,
Wake up in the late afternoon
Call Parnell just to see how he's doin'
Hello?
What up, Parn!
Yo Samberg, what's crackin'?
You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
Narnia!
Man it's happ'nin'!
But first, my hunger pangs are stickin' like duct tape.
Let's hit up Magnolia and mack on some cupcakes.
No doubt, that bakery's got all the bomb frostings.
I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Gosling.

Two! No, Six! No, Twelve! Baker's Dozen!
I told'ja that I'm crazy for these cupcakes, cousin!
Yo, where's the movie playin'?
Upper West Side, dude!
Let's hit up Yahoo Maps to find the dopest route.
I prefer Mapquest!
That's a good one too.
Google Maps is the best!
True that! Double true!
68th and Broadway.
Step on it, sucka!
What you wanna do Chris?
snack attack, mutha----!

Hit the Chronic-what?-cles of Narnia!
Yes, the Chronic-what?-cles of Narnia!
We love that Chronic-what?-cles of Narnia!
Pass that Chronic-what?-cles of Narnia!

Yo, stop at the deli.
The theatre is overpriced!
You got that backpack
I'm going to pack it up nice.
We don't want security to get suspicious!
Mr. Pibbs and Red Vines equals crazy delicious.
Yo, reach in my pocket and pull out some dough,
Girl acted like she never seen a $10 before!
It's all about the Hamiltons baby
Throw the snacks in a bag and I'm Ghost like Swayze.

Roll up to the theatre
Ticket buying what we're handling,
You can call us Aaron Burr from the way we're dropping Hamiltons
Parked in our seats movie trivia's the illest!
"What Friends alum starred in films with Bruce Willis?"
We answered so fast, it was scary:
Everyone stared in awe when we screamed "Matthew Perry!"
Then quiet in the theatre or it's gonna get tragic
We're about to be taken to a dream world of magic

In the Chronic-what?-cles of Narnia!
Funky Begonia
Third Eye Warrior

Postby ghost_2000 » Sun May 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Ladyphish wrote:I'll start :-)

For some reason, I can never enjoy Sunday's. Probably because I know Monday is next and that means responsibilities start again. It's so stupid but just about every Sunday is spent dreading Monday. Anyone else have these feelings of dread? They seem to be less now that Monday is one of my off days, but still, the dread seems to linger out of habit, I suppose.

Some of my Sundays are spent feeling like this. It used to be worse, but I've learned to accept that some Mondays (and weeks) are just going to be shitty and there's nothing I can do about it.

That's step #1, right? Admitting you're powerless?

8-)
My room is round when I lay down, when I wake up it's square.
ghost_2000
The Apparition

Postby willbreathes » Mon May 05, 2008 1:03 am

I just drove for 5 hours.

Enchiladas.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Fee » Mon May 05, 2008 6:40 am

Sunday is my favorite day of the week. The only day of the week when I don' t have to work or go to school. My Sundays involve spending hours on the couch and this time of the year watching baseball, basketball and golf all day.

I feel you on Mondays though. Damn I dread them.
Fee
20th Century Child

Postby Fee » Mon May 05, 2008 6:41 am

This week looks pretty lackluster. Nothing special. Looking forward to the end of the month though as I'm heading back up to Chi-town to see the Cubs and Dodgers then off to Columbus for the Memorial. I hope Tiger decides to tune up for the US Open at Muirfield Village.
Fee
20th Century Child

Postby charlieJack » Mon May 05, 2008 8:36 am

this is greatness ;D

Funky Begonia wrote:Lazy Sunday,
Wake up in the late afternoon
Call Parnell just to see how he's doin'
Hello?
What up, Parn!
Yo Samberg, what's crackin'?
You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
Narnia!
Man it's happ'nin'!
But first, my hunger pangs are stickin' like duct tape.
Let's hit up Magnolia and mack on some cupcakes.
No doubt, that bakery's got all the bomb frostings.
I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Gosling.

Two! No, Six! No, Twelve! Baker's Dozen!
I told'ja that I'm crazy for these cupcakes, cousin!
Yo, where's the movie playin'?
Upper West Side, dude!
Let's hit up Yahoo Maps to find the dopest route.
I prefer Mapquest!
That's a good one too.
Google Maps is the best!
True that! Double true!
68th and Broadway.
Step on it, sucka!
What you wanna do Chris?
snack attack, mutha----!

Hit the Chronic-what?-cles of Narnia!

Yo, stop at the deli.
The theatre is overpriced!
You got that backpack
I'm going to pack it up nice.
We don't want security to get suspicious!
Mr. Pibbs and Red Vines equals crazy delicious.
Yo, reach in my pocket and pull out some dough,
Girl acted like she never seen a $10 before!
It's all about the Hamiltons baby
Throw the snacks in a bag and I'm Ghost like Swayze.

Roll up to the theatre
Ticket buying what we're handling,
You can call us Aaron Burr from the way we're dropping Hamiltons
Parked in our seats movie trivia's the illest!
"What Friends alum starred in films with Bruce Willis?"
We answered so fast, it was scary:
Everyone stared in awe when we screamed "Matthew Perry!"
Then quiet in the theatre or it's gonna get tragic
We're about to be taken to a dream world of magic

In the Chronic-what?-cles of Narnia!
the floor will have its way it seems
it fights me like a trampoline
it won't let me to the ground
so this time i'm not coming down
charlieJack

Postby ladyphish » Sun May 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Sunday, bloody Sunday.

Been feeling off kilter all weekend for some reason. Dunno the reasoning, but hopefully it passes soon. Thought yesterday was Sunday and today feels like Saturday. Probably because my childcare flip flopped on me. It's my weekend to work, so that's been obnoxious. Today I'm training a new girl and it's weird having somebody around in an otherwise isolated atmosphere...but at least I don't have to do much work. Took my mom and child to see the new Narnia movie Prince Caspian. I didn't like it. It didn't seem to have much of a purpose or plot but lots of battle scenes. I dunno, the first one, as usual, was much better which sucks because I was pretty excited to see the film. In the end, it left alot of unanswered questions and what few answers we got flat out didn't make any sense.

Really looking foward to the upcoming week. My daughter has a water fun day tomorrow at school and I volunteered to help with that. Thursday when she gets out of school we'll be heading up to Asheville for the Asheville Music Jamboree for the 2nd year in a row. We met another mother/daughter team last year and will be camping and playing with them all weekend. The line up isn't as good as last year, but we've still got Keller, Gov't Mule, Dumpstaphunk, Burning Spear, Raq, Afromtive, Sparrow Quartet w/ Bela Fleck, Keller and the Keels, James McMurtry, and some local guys. Bummed that Michael Franti and Spearhead and Avett Brothers aren't there this year, but I've never gotten to see Burning Spear so REALLY stoked to see them. Hopefully we'll get camp broken down Monday in time to go check out Asheville since my daughter has never been there. I really want her to love it as much as I do! Back on Monday, then off again to Disney World on Tuesday for 5 more days. Bring it on!
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby Fee » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:19 am

Cubs vs. Sox has been the highlight of my weekend for sure...Cubbies took the first two now hopefully get the sweep tomorrow on Sunday Night Baseball.

Weekends are pretty dreadful for me. I work every Friday and Saturday. I work at a hospital and was pretty slow today so I got out of work early. That was sweet, but my girlfriend works tomorrow so we really don't see each other that much on the weekends. She works at the same hospital coincidentally, but in a totally different area.

Once I get my degree in December I'll get that long coveted M-F gig and have all the weekends off. Hey the grass isn't always greener as there's someting to be said for a Wednesday and Thursday off during the week. No one is out shopping early or late and can catch up on alot of stuff. Anyways thought I should bump this for Sunday.
Fee
20th Century Child

Postby ladyphish » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Back at work again. Kind of a rainy, gloomy day. Yesterday another girl came in to catch up on some hours missed during the week so not only did I not do much of anything, but I took off a few hours early and left her to it. It was pretty sweet. Did some much needed laundry and straightening up around the house.

Weekend has been pretty low key. My dad's been grilling like crazy since he got The Big Green Egg for father's day. He made some burgers Friday which were probably the best I've ever eaten. That grill is AMAZING. I always thought I hated food cooked on charcoal because that's all I could taste, but dude, that thing makes the most succulant, fabulous tasting food ever! Just in case you have no idea what I'm talking about http://www.biggreenegg.com/

Got a holiday week coming up, woohoo. I know several of you are Rothbury bound so I wish you all safe travels and fantastic times! My counter part at work has a sick father and I have to fill in for her next week on both my days off. They found a tumor on her dad's femoral artery (the one in your leg that runs directly to your heart. It's the artery they use for heart caths and stents) I feel really bad for her. She's such a sweet lady. Since I'm filling in for her and I had to work this weekend, it'll be 7 days straight of work by the time Friday gets here. My brother got a few days of leave and is coming home on Wednesday. I guess that's cool. My brother and I aren't exactly the closest seeing how he is the ultimate douchebag. I'm crossing my fingers that being in the Marines has helped him alot. He seems much better on the phone, at least. 4th of July plans are to go to my parents and cook out with my family. Maybe I'll drink a bottle of wine and take a nap too.

have a great week everybody!!!
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby ladyphish » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Happy Sunday, folks! Week was pretty uneventful as was the weekend. Work, work, work. Next week looks to be the same so hooray ::rolls eyes::

It's getting down to the wire for me. I've been hoping and planning on a move up to Western NC/ Eastern TN for the last few months, but sadly that looks less and less likely. I've applied for more than 20 jobs in the last few weeks and only heard back from ONE...and that was part-time making like 10/hr doing clerical shit which I'm just not willing to do with 2 degrees...not that making $10/hr would cover my bills anyway and certainly not working part-time.

So needless to say, I'm stressing the fuck out. Got a lease until July 31, but if I don't have a job to move to, I guess I crash with my parents for a few weeks which certainly isn't something to look foward to. I'm 28 and WAAAAAY to independent to enjoy something like that.

Dunno what the hell to do now. Theoretically continuing to apply for jobs in the area I want to be seems like the best option, but not sure how practical that is. The thought of being here another year makes me wanna cry, but the chances of finding something in this town to rent month to month are slim to none. Everything is a 12 month lease except for a few apartment complexes and those complexes are geared towards teh students and not really a place for my daughter and I.

I swear this town is a fucking black hole that sucks you in and never lets you go. All my life I've wanted to leave, but never had the means to do so. Now I'm in a position where I can at least get a few states away and I can't even make that happen. It's so damn frustrating. Yeah I can stay here. I have my family, a decent job, the few friends I haven't blown off, and the chance to do a weekly radio show if I decide to stick around, but that seems of no consolation. I'm tired of living in a relatively small place with a major university. Makes me feel so damn old lol. Not that I'm looking, but the dating pool is non-existent for me here. I'll end up a spinster with 30 cats. Plus my daughter's father's family is a HUGE factor in my urgency to leave. They will never just let me be. So tired of being worried they're camped out in my bushes everytime I go out for a cigarette or if somebody's following me with a camera the few times I try to go out and have a good time. ARRRRHHHHHHH!

So frustrating to be me right now. Going to keep my fingers crossed that I'll hear something in the next month or so and that things will work out like I hoped they would. Neither my parents nor I want to cohabitate for more than a month, so if I don't have something by the time Makenzie starts school next month, I'm going to have to find a place here. So. Not. Cool.
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby ghost_2000 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:39 pm

Just got back from a run. Plan on running a few errands and chilling out whilst watching the Open Championship.

Nice, breezy Sunday.
ghost_2000
The Apparition

Postby ladyphish » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm covering for someone at the hospital today so I'm working on a Sunday that is not my Sunday to work, not cool. Tomorrow I'm also covering for someone at urgent care so my day off there isn't my day off anymore. I'm too nice, damn it.

STILL no leads on any jobs in NC. Another year here is becoming more likely as the days roll by. Woe is me, WOOOOOOOOE IS ME I said.
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby smoothoperator » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:35 pm

so far just spending day trying out my new classical guitar. bought it at a yard sale yesterday: brand new condition classical style acoustic guitar, hard shell case (beat the fuck up but it's still a case), and a fresh pack o' strings for $100. i'm in heaven.
smoothoperator

Re: The UNofficial Sunday thread

Postby ladyphish » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Ahhhhhh, empty house, THANK FUCK!

Yesterday was Piper's first birthday. Low key day with a spaghetti dinner and homemade cake. Was not so good with my time management and barely pulled it off in time. Was a good day regardless.

I love my maw-in-law but if she would have been here one more day, I just might have snapped on her! She came last Friday so I could go to Hampton and I am soo appreciative, but she wanted to stay until Piper's birthday which was yesterday so they didn't leave until this afternoon. We don't have a guest room anymore so her shit is strown everywhere from my living room to both girl's rooms and the bathroom. She buys all this shitty, highly processed food that takes over the pantry...food none of us would dare eat. She hovers over Piper like a fly on shit. If I happen to get a chance to hold the baby, she is standing right next to me rubbing her back. She takes no less than 1 million pictures which really pisses Piper off. I know it's her first granchild and possibly her only one, but I reach the end of my patience around day 5. I feel terrible because she is such a sweet lady and I do love her dearly. i should be more patient since it's always several months in between visits for them, but SHIT.

I'm just really glad she is gone. Piper's napping, Holt's working until 11, and Makenzie is at the mall then spending the night out. Feels great to be alone even for an hr!!

Should be a regular old week. Yessss!
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby Katiemay » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Extra dread for tomorrow after 2 days of fine Phish, but counteracted by only having to work 3 days then more Phish!
Katiemay

Postby ghost_2000 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Wow, epic thread bump by Ollie there.

Monday's do, in fact, suck a big one.

PHISH.
ghost_2000
The Apparition

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:49 am

Yep, epic bump!

I'm a straight up grouch today, man. I don't know if it's the return to earth after two Phish nights, or the bullshit of my household just slammed me hard today ... I've had two naps and still I just wanna lay down and do zero things. Maybe it's a nicotine fit, withdrawals from two nights of section 101 second hand smoke!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby piper » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:17 am

Just worked my 7th full day in a row, with 5 more to go. Sunday workdays suck. The downsides of being a boss.
piper

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Was half-groggy all Sunday since I was up until 4am at a party that day and woke up around 10am to drive home. Never did get a nap in so I was out of it all day. Lions game was insane and clearly the highlight.
El Bastarde

Postby goldphish » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:39 pm

hap hap hap py sun day

recommended post theme music
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ladyphish » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:51 am

Weekend winding down.

Had a fun day taking Piper to an indoor play place. She had the time of her life I'm pretty sure.

Getting prepared for my first week working 3 12's. Had to buy groceries and now I have to do some prep work so that my baby and daughter still get fed in my absence since Holt is pretty much worthless in that department. I will do crock pot meals mostly and they can make their own pizzas well. Also have to pack a gym bag. Haven't worked out since the end of October when we all got bad colds. As long as i get done by 9, I will hit the YMCA each night after work. I really hope this schedule works as well as i think it will.

Looking very forward to it! Already looked at the exam log and I know I will be going to the furthest west nursing home we have so YAY. Such a beautiful drive by Fontana Lake/Dam.

I just hope Piper still remembers me by Thursday :-(

Wishing you all a fantastic week!
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:29 am

Dudes. Two doubles rounds of disc golf this morning. Shopping with the kids in the afternoon. Five Guys Burgers for dinner. A little movie time after. Editing a gig now. Good weekend. Monday, I see you lurking.
::puts head down, applies nose to grindstone::
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Next

Return to Non-Phish Discussion