Any gamers up in this piece?

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Any gamers up in this piece?

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:29 pm

I played metroid fusion years ago and that was a BLAST if you have something that can play GBA games

Yeah, that's one of the better ones for sure. I have a lot of my GBA games via an emulator on my computer so I play them then. Plus my old DS has a GBA slot as well. Always useful.

Link Between Worlds has been pretty fun. It's really very non-linear since you can buy (or rent) all the tools you need for each dungeon beforehand. I'm just wandering from one area to the next and exploring to find stuff and then hitting the dungeon while I'm there. Good times. Could be a short game since I've only got one dungeon left but it's been fun.
El Bastarde

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:49 pm

Link Between Worlds has this cute feature where you can tag people via the 3DS's "Streetpass" feature and then play against their Link in your own game as a "shadow" version. There's a bunch of challenges related to it to check off so I've played around with it but I've never tried the Streetpass thing before.

I guess you're supposed to walk by someone else with a 3DS and the two devices will "talk" to each other as you go but I don't know many wandering around with a 3DS. Instead, they have "relays" which are basically at any place with public wi-fi through AT&T...McDonalds, Burger King, Best Buy, Home Depot, etc. I tried going to a McDonalds and sat there like a doofus with my 3DS and couldn't figure out if it was working. I didn't seem to tag anybody but it's possible some just weren't available there. Guess I'll try it in a few different places but it's just weird.

Silly public features...
El Bastarde

Postby goldenroad » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:04 am

PS4 has communities now. I don't know what that means really, but I started a Phish one called Phish Phamily. You can't really search for communities for some reason, so just search my username Phish09 and join it and share it k?

I've just been playing Rocket League and MGS V, but I've been playing entirely too much of both of them. Probably my #1 and 2 games of the year, though I'm not sure in what order yet. I played a brilliant little game called The Beginners Guide on steam, that is almost a weird cerebral interactive documentary, but with a brilliant story and plot twist. It's like 90 minutes long and could run on almost any PC, so I really think everyone should play it, but I'm sure very few people will. Still, definitely top 5 material this year. I guess Fallout is still coming soon though. Really wish I had a clone right now since I really don't have time for all these 100+ hour games...oh well, time enjoyed is never wasted, or something along those lines, right?
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:40 pm

so just search my username Phish09

I think you’re on my friend’s list but I don’t remember seeing you on much. Not sure if I can join from my PS3, though…

Really wish I had a clone right now since I really don't have time for all these 100+ hour games

I’m with you on that…I find myself more reluctant to start these since I know it’ll be the game I’ll be playing for at least the next month, if not longer. I just started Xenoblade Chronicles and I know that’ll be one of them…there’s tons to do in that game. I have entire evenings where it’s nothing but me talking to folks and doing small sidequests. Once I start the game, I get into it but making the choice to dive in is a tough one…I’ve been staring at Dark Souls II in the same way since I know that’ll take forever as well.

I beat Link Between Worlds and I’m not playing it again on Hard Mode which means you take 4x the damage which is a nice uptick on the challenge. It’s still not brutal and I really only find myself using a couple more potions or using long-distance attacks more often.

I also bought this indy game called Azure Strike Gunvolt for download-only for the 3DS. It’s made by the same team who made the Mega Man Zero, Mega Man ZX and Mega Man 9&10 games and it’s essentially the same type of game but without the Mega Man license. I’m always up for more Mega Man stuff since it seems like Capcom is done with making them. They have an 8-bit game that acts as a side game called Mighty Gunvolt as well which I also got. I guess they’re working on a sequel for it as well. Not sure when I’ll play it but it should be fun.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:26 pm

Been a while since I updated. I ended up spending three damn months on Xenoblade Chronicles...between lots of hockey/football/b-ball watching and this game, it took me that long to do everything there is. Nice to have a game with a ton of content but that's a bit much. Not a bad game...a lil bit clichéd plotwise and the quests can get repetitive but it's a huge world that you can get lost in for hours and that's something positive.

I followed that up with the heavily-hyped Undertale and I'd say it's worth the hype. Very unique and fun game which is often funny and clever and has some hilarious battles. Even has some legit challenge in a few fights if you go the Genocide route and try to kill everyone.

After that, I replayed Cave Story...always loved that one. Highly recommend it and you can still get the translated PC version for free so there's no excuse not to.

Playing Star Wars Force Unleashed now and beat it over the weekend and I'm replaying on the toughest difficulty now. Not a bad game at all...the action is quick and challenging and there's a slew of melee and force abilities to try out and combine and many of them work in most situations so there's a lot of ways to go at any battle. There's a few glitches and targeting gaffs but nothing outlandish. Brawling against the likes of Vader and Palpatine is pretty sweet too.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Been playing the recent Lara Croft game at my buddies on PS4. (note: NOT Tomb Raider)

Super fun multi-player game. Nice mixture of teamwork/puzzles/fighting. Would recommend.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Buster » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:33 pm

I need me a PS4 already.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Been playing the recent Lara Croft game at my buddies on PS4. (note: NOT Tomb Raider)

I've heard of that one...I think it's the second "MP-type" Lara game there is, yes? Speaking of, I've been meaning to play the Tomb Raider remake and haven't gotten to it...

I need me a PS4 already.

I don't. Have way too many PS3 and Wii games still left to play.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:57 pm

El Bastarde wrote:I think it's the second "MP-type" Lara game there is, yes?

Yes.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby themomadans » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:04 pm

I just downloaded GTA San Andreas for my iPhone. This aught to be good! I just beat GTA III for iPhone a month or two ago.
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is the best
themomadans

Postby y0n » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:44 am

themomadans wrote:I just downloaded GTA San Andreas for my iPhone. This aught to be good! I just beat GTA III for iPhone a month or two ago.

I can't imagine playing GTA on a phone o_0 how does it play?
y0n

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

I just downloaded GTA San Andreas for my iPhone. This aught to be good! I just beat GTA III for iPhone a month or two ago.

Did you skip Vice City? You've gotta get that...it's the best one.

I can't imagine playing GTA on a phone o_0 how does it play?

Me neither. I'm sure a phone can pull it off but it'd be weird.

Gr, I saw you tried Axiom Verge...any good? That one seems like it's right up my alley.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:19 pm

Been playing Dark Souls 2 for a few weeks now and it's the usual stuff you expect from the Souls games...sweet dungeons, great atmosphere, tons of terrifying stuff that can kill you on any false move, lots of loot, lots of equipment and tons of upgrade paths to take. The start of the game was brutal when I had no equipment and little options but it's a lot better now that I'm more "established" with my character. Been using a Large Club and pancaking enemies left and right...it's the raw power approach but magic is less useful in this one. I've died quite a bit but it's all good fun.
El Bastarde

Postby goldenroad » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Dark Souls 3 is out today! On a related note, new games are $80 here now. Looks like I won't be playing Dark Souls 3 unless I can find some old crap to trade in that will make it somehow affordable. Also Uncharted 4 in less than a month.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:27 pm

Dark Souls 3 is out today! On a related note, new games are $80 here now.

I'm still playing Dark Souls 2 these days. I've gone through most levels and all the DLC so it's just about hitting these last few sections and eventually beating the game. Been enjoying it quite a bit and some of the bossfights (especially a few of the DLC ones) were quite hard with many hours needed to beat a few of them. Always satisfying when you finally break through and do it.

I've read some stuff on DaS3...looks like they're going back to many areas from Dark Souls 1 with a number of returning characters and areas from that game. Seems like there's better magic balancing and some removed weapons and items making the return. Interesting how they're bringing back an MP meter rather than just a set number of spell uses as well which could be interesting.

new games are $80 here now.

Yikes. All the more reason to buy used. I paid more for the DaS2 DLC at $25 than I did for the main game at $17. Go figure.

Uncharted 4 looks sweet...if it's just more of the same then that's fine by me. Probably will be the last Uncharted game...at least the last one by Naughty Dog.
El Bastarde

Postby Buster » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:07 pm

Finally got me a PS4 for these dark winter months.

So far I have Destiny and BF1. BF1 rules and Destiny fuckin' sucks. Boring AF. I enjoy the story lines in Destiny but the gameplay is so predictable.

I might hit up Gamestop today and see if I can find another used game to try out.

Do you guys party up at all for any games?
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:12 pm

^I plan on getting a PS4 one of these days but I have a bunch of PS3 or Wii games to play so I'm plowing through that catalog at the moment. Well, except now where I'm replaying a DS game in Phantom Hourglass. I do have a huge list of PS4 games I want to get so I'll dive into those when I get one.

I don't play much MP so I'm not much for teaming up but I don't mind playing with folks locally if they're having people over. Those games are fun.

In terms of Destiny, I've heard the expansions are better and improved a lot of stuff but it sucks that you need to buy those just get the game to play better and get rid of the more annoying features. All my buds tend to play CoD so I don't know many Destiny fans.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:28 pm

Wow, not updated since November? Shame on me. Since then I've gotten a PS4, loved Shovel Knight and I'm not hopelessly addicted to Breath of the Wild. And I'm getting everything in that damn game. So much to do.
El Bastarde

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion