Any gamers up in this piece?

Anything non-Phish related.

Postby SuperJay » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:10 pm

Just curious 8-)

I don't really play PC games much anymore, but I've gotten more into some Xbox 360 games in the last year or so. Anyone wants to trade GTs, etc, I'm down for whatevah.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperJay

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby goldenroad » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:16 pm

My 360 Gamertag is Goldenroad

My PS3/PSN ID is Phish09 (I lucked out with that one!)

I can't get enough of Red Faction: Guerrilla lately. It's pretty much all I play online, that and Left 4 Dead. Add me when you get a chance, let me know what games you play.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby SuperJay » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Haha, funny you should mention RF:G... I've been trying to hold off on getting that for weeks now, at least until I finished up Prototype. Right now I'm mostly playing Sacred 2 and Saint's Row 2 (which has awesome co-op). But Red Faction looks sweet, and will likely find its way into my tray in the next few weeks. I do have L4D, too - out of practice, but I have it. LOL

The Xbox GT is SuperJay42, too - feel free to add me :D
SuperJay

Postby goldenroad » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Will do.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby Highway_Bill » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:23 pm

HAHA
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby phishreference » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:06 am

Mr. Macphisto wrote:I am a Rock Band/ Guitar Hero ADDICT.

not to kick a dead horse but I played either Rock Band or Guitar Hero for the first time a few weeks ago. It was very blah.
phishreference

Postby Atoms » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:12 am

I used to play halo all day long. These days not so much.
we are all being pursed. some have been found, some are still running. some will keep running until they get to the end of the road, straight off the proverbial cliff. you don't have to turn back, you just have to turn around.
Atoms
The Awoken

Postby wiphan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:15 am

PS3 player

Currently enjoying MLB 09, INFAMOUS (much better than Prototype IMO), GH, and getting up the courage to tackle MGS4 again.

PSN handle = GUNSKGLINGER
wiphan

Postby ErrandWolfe » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 am

Big gamer.....I'm 31, so I've been gaming since the Atari 2600......

360 UFC:Undisputed

Tag: BaptismalAbyss
Here's a place of elegance...
ErrandWolfe

Postby charlieJack » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:09 am

up until a few days ago i hadn't had a system since the first Sega with that Hedgehog fellow. lost interest after the age of 20 or so.

then i bought a Wii. there are no words for how much my world has opened up/closed off from real life.
the floor will have its way it seems
it fights me like a trampoline
it won't let me to the ground
so this time i'm not coming down
charlieJack

Postby Fee » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:45 am

^ You diggin that Wii CJ? We're purchasing one this weekend I think. My wife and my birthday both fall in the summer so were going to go in for each other and get the system, controllers the WII fit..the whole nine yards. Looking forward to it

What games do you have so I know what to look out for. I'm thinking about getting Punchout because I used to love the old school Mike Tyson's Punchout, but we'll see.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fee
20th Century Child

Postby proletariat » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:17 pm

i'm on x-box live

gamertag: H3ttyBrahmigo
proletariat

Postby SuperJay » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Sweet. I'll add those of you on the 360.

I really wish I could play inFamous - when my friend and I were kids, we made up our own comics / short stories about our superhero alter egos. My powers were all about controlling electricity, so inFamous hits kinda close to home. :P
SuperJay

Postby goldenroad » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:23 pm

inFamous is fucking great. I thought that I bought a PS3 just so I could play MGS4, but it turns out it was so that I could play Infamous. I pretty much only buy the PS3 exclusives for the PS3 and everything else for the 360, so my PS3 lineup is limited, but awesome, whereas my 360 lineup is huge but kind of hit or miss.

And CJ, get World of Goo if you haven't yet. That game itself really makes me want a Wii.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby SuperJay » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:01 pm

Yeah, Infamous is pretty much the first PS3 exclusive to ever make me seriously consider buying the console. I can't really justify owning two boxes just to play one game, though.
SuperJay

Postby goldenroad » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:05 pm

There are a handful of good PS3 exclusives like Uncharted, Little Big Planet, MGS4, Infamous, Motorstorm and Killzone 2, but there are some damn good looking exclusive games coming out for it like Heavy Rain, God of War 3, MAG, Demon Souls, FFVSXIII, Fat Princess and Uncharted 2, but even still it's a lot of money to spend for a handful of games that will hopefully deliver. I think they'll drop the price in the next year and then it will be worth owning both consoles. Right now the PS3 is very overpriced, but at least I have a bluray player for when they release that beautiful hi-def Big Cypress performance.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby goldenroad » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:03 pm

You can download a remade version the Secret of Monkey Island on PC and XBOX 360 today. It is one of the funniest games ever made, and a pinnacle of LucasArts when they were into making good games. I'm sure many of you played it as a kid, and now you can replay it in HD with great graphics, newly recorded voice acting, and you don't have to keep switching floppy discs. It is a good day to be a gamer.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:09 pm

^I have a copy of the first two Monkey Island games on CD which I got with this package along with the third MI game. It's still a classic though some of the puzzles are brutal to figure out on your own. I always need help.

I'm still stuck with my PS2 and whatever stuff I can play on emulators on my PC...I just don't think either the 360 or PS3 is worth it or has enough good games to warrant the money to buy one of those things. Plus there's plenty of old PS2 and DS games to keep me busy. I'm currently playing an old SNES game on emulator on my computer...Lufia 2...it's a classic.

Stevo
El Bastarde

Postby lysasome » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:33 pm

I often find myself playing Goldeneye on my N64. The best game ever made.
#8675309. do the dew.
lysasome

Postby SuperJay » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:59 pm

El Bastarde wrote:I just don't think either the 360 or PS3 is worth it or has enough good games to warrant the money to buy one of those things.

Obviously this is a matter of personal preference, but the 360 is only $200 to $300 and has a TON of great games, IMO. Not sure what you're looking for, of course... but I don't think you're likely to find a console with more quality games available now, and the step up in graphics and performance from the last-gen models is absurd.

The PS3 is more expensive and doesn't have as broad a software catalog, but Goldenroad named a lot of good exclusives there too.
SuperJay

Postby antellama » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:38 am

I'm a big PC gamer and vintage game system player. Newer consoles don't really float my boat, although I do play my Wii almost daily. Something about $50 games is just very very off-putting.
tlSd
antellama
TLD

Postby goldenroad » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:45 pm

^ To be fair, (console) games have always hovered around that $50-$60 mark since the SNES days. It seems everything else in the world has gone up in price, but despite the increased production values, games continue to cost the same amount.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:49 pm

^Not really...I remember Dragon Warrior IV back in the day was $60 when it came out and since then, I can't remember the last time we've had $60 games until now. Frankly, most SNES games were $30-40 and maybe more expensive for the REALLY big-time games and most PS2 or PS2 are usually around $30-40 also. And if you're patient enough to wait a few months, the used prices are often lower.

And I hear you, Super Jay...I know there are some good games out but there's a LOT of games that come out for both 360 and PS3. And in terms of the exclusives I tend to lean to PS3 since I really like MGS, God of War and the Ratchet and Clank series and all are PS exclusives.

I don't know though...I'm not big into first-person shooters and so many of the good games are from that genre...it doesn't leave a lot of games. Plus I have a good enough PC where many of these games (Mass Effect, GTA4) can be played on my PC so I have even less reason to buy one. Not to mention me still playing old PS2 games that I haven't played yet and I'll be busy for a while. Overall, I don't care about better graphics or playing online or any of that so I have less motivation for this stuff. I'll eventually get one of the consoles but probably when it's quite cheap...I'm patient...I can wait.

Stevo

El Bastarde

Postby goldenroad » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:13 pm

^ My parents used to own a video store back in the VHS days, and they rented NES and SNES games and I worked there for a while. I always remember them being around $50 and we paid wholesale prices on game. New PS2 games are $40 or so now, but when the PS2 was in it's glory days, all AAA titles got released at $60. $60's been the magic number for quite a while.

Regardless, I agree, if you have a good gaming PC that can run Mass Effect and GTAIV, you probably would get very little out of a 360 in terms of exclusive games. I'm not a big FPS guy either, but the 360 does have Fable 2 (which I personally love), a lot of JRPG's...though none are THAT great...and a lot of good Arcade titles like Geometry Wars, Braid, Castle Crashers, and classics like TMNT - Turtles in Time remake coming this summer and the Perfect Dark remake coming this fall (with online play!). Most of my favorite 360 games are on PC too though, but my PC could never run them.

One thing that the consoles have though that the PC does not is Rock Band and, particularly, Beatles Rock Band in a couple months...that's the main reason why I don't just sell my 360 and update my PC.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby willbreathes » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:52 pm

I just bought a XBOX360. Been considering it for some time now. Finally decided to just go for it and think later. ;D

For me, my gaming progression has gone:

NES>Genesis>GameGear>PS>GameCube>360

I've never been huge into games, but the 360 is just too much fun.

Right now I am having the damndest time trying to install my "old" wireless router. Grrrr..
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Next

Return to Non-Phish Discussion