Any gamers up in this piece?

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Any gamers up in this piece?

Postby willbreathes » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Got myself an XBoxOne.

Back in the Duty game it would appear.

System came with AC IV and AC Unity. Havent started those yet.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Buster » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Got Battlefield 4 the other day. Enjoying it quite a bit and I've only been playing Conquest.

Any BF4 PS3 players on here?
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Been a while since I posted in this one.

Recently just finished the Witcher 2 which is highly recommended if you like RPGs. It only came out for the Xbox so if you don't have that, you'd have to go the PC route. The game has a split where you make a different choice at the end of Chapter 1 then your Chapter 2 is completely different depending on which you chose. A couple dungeons are the same, but the quests, people and enemies are all mostly different. It made it worth it to replay the game from the split just to check both sides out...it also fills in small holes in the story too since you see things from a different perspective. Also, you do have a few decisions which effects which monarchs are dead or in power and this could affect things in Witcher 3 so we'll see how that goes...I'm guessing they'll let you import or decide the decisions you make in the next game, ala Mass Effect.

I'm now diving back into Kingdom Hearts 2 to replay that...this is the "Final mix" version with a ton of extra bosses and such...I'd played the Japanese version before but it's nice to get it in English. I'll probably play it normally once and then I plan to do a Level 1 run on it.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Rayman Legends is free this month on Xbox One, and it is fantastic.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:12 pm

^Man, I've been waiting for that game to drop in price in the stores for a WHILE now...it's been stuck in that $35 range for quite a while. I loved Rayman Origins so I'm definitely up for the sequel...Origins was the best side-scroller I'd played in a LONG time. Good to hear that Legends is the same.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Origins can be unlocked by playing through parts of this game too. Its got about a dozen different game modes.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby henrietta » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Buster wrote:Got Battlefield 4 the other day. Enjoying it quite a bit and I've only been playing Conquest.

Yes.....we have a REALLY good Phish/PT/Platoon (Watchful Hosemasters). We have a ps3 and ps4 group. Add us to your friends list and talk to HarryHoodlum about getting into the platoon. I suck, but I'm great at being the medic and helping the rest of the squad win. I have not played in months though.

http://www.phantasytour.com/bands/phish ... do-this-ii

Incomplete PSN (PS3) List:

HarryHoodlum
Yembrah
hukalua72
Beerbaron2000
killabyte10110
WulfTown
Od79
msully1117
closeone
cleanpillow
DrPhunkenstein13
deadphishin
Mongrain82
hickelpickle
theotherone06
Mazooki
amazingluigi
Hettienta76
Scootaldinho2686
Dandaman3323
VTGREEN
TheJudd1
brentblack
phishvegas03
jbuderz
bathtub_gin
bripple3
keep it greasey
tweezerphan
henrietta

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:02 pm

Origins can be unlocked by playing through parts of this game too.

Awesome. Check it out too if you haven't already.

By the way, my PSN is Hotel_Security if anyone wants to add me. I don't do much MP but I do like spying on folks and seeing what they're playing.

keep it greasey

Mad props to the Zappa username.
El Bastarde

Postby gamecat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:29 am

willbreathes wrote:Rayman Legends is free this month on Xbox One, and it is fantastic.

Thanks for the recommendation Will. Can't beat free.
Loving playing this game. Very fun.
gamecat
The Shepherd

Postby Buster » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:04 pm

henrietta wrote:
Buster wrote:Got Battlefield 4 the other day. Enjoying it quite a bit and I've only been playing Conquest.

Yes.....we have a REALLY good Phish/PT/Platoon (Watchful Hosemasters). We have a ps3 and ps4 group. Add us to your friends list and talk to HarryHoodlum about getting into the platoon. I suck, but I'm great at being the medic and helping the rest of the squad win. I have not played in months though.

HarryHoodlum
Yembrah
hukalua72
Beerbaron2000
killabyte10110
WulfTown
Od79
msully1117
closeone
cleanpillow
DrPhunkenstein13
deadphishin
Mongrain82
hickelpickle
theotherone06
Mazooki
amazingluigi
Hettienta76
Scootaldinho2686
Dandaman3323
VTGREEN
TheJudd1
brentblack
phishvegas03
jbuderz
bathtub_gin
bripple3
keep it greasey
tweezerphan

AWESOME! Thanks Henrietta, will def be hitting them up!

What's your PSN?
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Well, quick update but I finished my Kingdom Hearts 2 run...and now I'm trying it again on Level 1 which will be a pain. It kinda changes how you play a game when everything kills you in two (or something one) hit. But it is possible to finish everything at Level 1 and plenty have done it. It's slow-going since the game starts slow and hockey playoffs are distracting me...we'll see how it goes.

Also recently started play The World Ends With You which is an RPG for the DS. I heard a lot of hype on it but never got it until now. It's pretty unique as it takes place in modern Japan with a bunch of kids...I just started it and the music is pretty unique...mostly silly Japanese pop music but it's cool to get unique tunes with actual lyrics and such in a video game. We'll see how it goes.
El Bastarde

Postby Buster » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Buster wrote:
henrietta wrote:

HarryHoodlum
Yembrah
hukalua72
Beerbaron2000
killabyte10110
WulfTown
Od79
msully1117
closeone
cleanpillow
DrPhunkenstein13
deadphishin
Mongrain82
hickelpickle
theotherone06
Mazooki
amazingluigi
Hettienta76
Scootaldinho2686
Dandaman3323
VTGREEN
TheJudd1
brentblack
phishvegas03
jbuderz
bathtub_gin
bripple3
keep it greasey
tweezerphan

AWESOME! Thanks Henrietta, will def be hitting them up!

What's your PSN?

Which DLC's should I get for PS3 that people are still playing? It came with China Rising, but it seems no one is playing those. Not too pumped on that winter one, but if people are playing those maps then I'l grab it.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Not much of an update...I finished The World Ends With You. Pretty solid little game with a unique backdrop...there was tons to do in postgame as well...spent at least a week replaying and getting new stuff and extra plot and such.

Still working on my Level 1 run in Kingdom Hearts 2 as well. Many boss encounters result in multiple deaths and lots of retries but it's fun chugging along. Already took out a few of the optional bosses so that's a nice confidence boost.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Okay, this is plain brilliant.

El Bastarde

Postby gamecat » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:45 pm

Slow summer for games, but things are gonna be picking up this fall. Tons of new games coming out.

I got Mad Max, StarWars Battlefront, Fallout 4, and Tomb Raider coming my way.

I've just been playing this cool survival game called The Long Dark.
Pretty fun. No killing zombies, smashing up cars, or blowing shit up.
You just gotta survive a plane crash in the Canadian wilderness.
Pretty different type of game than I've ever really played and I like it.
gamecat
The Shepherd

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:35 pm

Yikes, not sure why I didn’t bump this one earlier. It’s been a slow summer but I’ve got a decent backlog here. This entire time I’ve been working on a Level 1 run in Kingdom Hearts 2. I kept dropping it and coming back to it but I finally finished it last week by taking out the last optional bosses at Level 1. It was a pretty balanced run where you die quick but can still pile up damage if you have the right strategy. The toughest optional boss took me about 10 hours of retries over three days.

In the meantime, I played Saints Row 3 which was a lot of sandbox fun and I just finished Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies last night. PW games are about the same with lots of reading and some funny moments and this one is the same.

Just started Assassin’s Creed 3 last night…yes, it’s 2012 again. Was pleased that they’ve toned down the Multiplayer trophies since those have taken forever in the past…was able to get them all on my own last night while chilling to the Sunday Alpine show. Didn’t start much of the single-player but I’ll be getting to it.

I got Mad Max, StarWars Battlefront, Fallout 4, and Tomb Raider coming my way.

Mention that one if you get it…the more I read about it, the more interested I am in picking it up. May be a while before I get a PS4, but I’ll grab it eventually. I still need to play the last Tomb Raider…heh.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Batman Arkham Knight is badass. I think I am like 85% of the way thru, and still have a ridiculous amount of Riddler stuff to do.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby goldenroad » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:26 pm

^ The Joker stuff is amongst the coolest story things I've ever seen done in a video game. Hamill is way too good in that role. Parts of the game got a little less Batmanny than I would have liked, but I totally just want to play through it again mainlining the story. I'll probably run through it again if I ever finish the Witcher 3. I swear I've got 100 hours into that game and am not even halfway through. It's a really amazing game, but after 100 hours, there are parts of it that get repetitive and there's maybe too much dialogue, to the point where I'm starting to skip certain cutscenes if I don't deem them completely necessary to my understanding of the overall plot. The acting is great, the writing is great, but there is just too much of it. It's really fun though. Highly recommended.

The most fun you can have in a video game this year though is Rocket League. It was free with Playstation Plus last month and caught on like wildfire. At any given point there are at least 80-100 thousand people online playing. Words can't really do it justice, you have to watch some videos, but long and short of it is, soccer with cars. It handles wonderfully, and the online and local multiplayer is pretty flawless. It's the first game I can think of in a really long time that I actually have no criticisms of. For all it's simplicity, I think they may have made the perfect video game. I know you don't all own a PS4 or gaming PC, but if you own either, you need this game, and if you don't own them, as soon as it comes to XB1 make sure you jump on it.

goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby willbreathes » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:30 pm

^ Oh man, I played that over my friends. At first I thought it looked boring and dumb... but I was absolutely wrong!
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:25 pm

Batman Arkham Knight is badass. I think I am like 85% of the way thru, and still have a ridiculous amount of Riddler stuff to do.

I always love those games with tons of stuff to do. Even if it's menial taks, I like the variety. Was playing Assassin's Creed 3 over the weekend and spent almost all of it running through the wilderness and killing animals. I just couldn't be bothered with missions when there's elk to stab.

^ The Joker stuff is amongst the coolest story things I've ever seen done in a video game. Hamill is way too good in that role.

That was cool for Hamill to come back to do it for Arkham Knight...he said he was done after Arkham City. Of course, I still need to play Arkham Origins first...so behind...
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Not much to update here but I always like bumping this thread for no reason.

Finished AC3 and enjoyed it and started Tales of Monkey Island. It's the fifth in the Monkey Island series and if you've played them, you know what this is. It' basically a point-and-click adventure style game where it's just applying items to stuff to solve puzzles. It's got pretty good comedy as well.

Also, I've been sick the last few days so I plowed through Guacamelee with little else to do. Very fun game and it had some decent challenge in the bossfights and certain brawls. I was also very pleased that they added a passcode so you could play Hard Mode from the start without having to unlock it first...the game was pretty easy enough as it was even on Hard so I was glad I could skip the lesser mode. Either way, I'd recommend it for any of the "Metroidvania" fans out there.

Just started Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds for the 3DS. Love how it's a throwback to Link to the Past with many of the same elements and areas. The Wall-jumping move gives you a new perspective on a lot of areas. Good times.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Tomb Raider from a couple years back is free for xbox one now, so I am replaying that. Graphics are making a huge difference.

Also, haven't played yet, but did buy the Rare Replay set. Motherfucking Battletoads!
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Brother » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:33 pm

El Bastarde wrote:Also, I've been sick the last few days so I plowed through Guacamelee with little else to do. Very fun game and it had some decent challenge in the bossfights and certain brawls. I was also very pleased that they added a passcode so you could play Hard Mode from the start without having to unlock it first...the game was pretty easy enough as it was even on Hard so I was glad I could skip the lesser mode. Either way, I'd recommend it for any of the "Metroidvania" fans out there.

^^ Thanks for the rec on Guacamelee. I am definitely a Metroidvania fan! You play any of the Metroid Prime games? Good stuff. As for Vania, last one I played was the 3D Innocence of Lament. Real good! ps2 game.
Brother

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Tomb Raider from a couple years back is free for xbox one now, so I am replaying that

I have that game still in my pile waiting to be played. I heard it’s short but pretty fun.

but did buy the Rare Replay set. Motherfucking Battletoads!

Just looked that up…that’s a heck of a lot of games. Just getting the Banjo games and Conker’s Quest would be worth it. And, wow, Snake Rattle and Roll is included…I played that game for endless hours and never could beat it. Battletoads is an iconic game but maybe not a great game…I did beat it via copious use of save states on the computer. Only problem is the collection is for Xbox now…I was hoping it’d be a sneaky way to get ahold of that “Nuts and Bolts” Banjo game that only was out on Xbox but no dice yet.

^^ Thanks for the rec on Guacamelee. I am definitely a Metroidvania fan!

It’s easily one of my favorite genres…it seems like neither the Metroid or Castlevania series actually want to give us those games but there’s plenty of copycats. Other games in that style: Outland, Aquaria, Strider, Arkham Origins Blackgate, Knytt Underground. There’s also new games like Ori and the Blind Forest and Axiom Verge that got some hype. Plus the director who made many of the recent Castlevania games is doing a Kickstarter for his own CV-style game called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. All worth keeping an eye on.

play any of the Metroid Prime games?

Well, these aren’t in the classic “Metroidvania” style but I’ve played the first two games. I have the third waiting to be played whenever I get to it. They’ve got a new one coming out for the 3DS but I’m not that impressed so far…

As for Vania, last one I played was the 3D Innocence of Lament. Real good! ps2 game.

I played the Lords of Shadow game. It was mostly like a “God of War Lite” game which wasn’t that tough but was still pretty good. They tried a “Mirrors of Fate” DS game for the same series and that was alright.
El Bastarde

Postby Brother » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:12 pm

Yeah I know what you meant about the classic side scrolling style. Just thought I'd bring those up. I played metroid fusion years ago and that was a BLAST if you have something that can play GBA games, which was a Golden Age of handheld gaming if you ask me.
Brother

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion