Arrested Development

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Arrested Development

Postby novanity » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:20 pm

novanity

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:36 pm

By the way, you guys would be pleased with me. I lost interest in watching the old Curb Your Enthusiasm shows (they're just not that funny) so I got all of these episodes. I had only watched like five or six episodes in a row before and wasn't quite sure why I liked it. Boy, I'm glad I'm rewatching them cuz it's a hilarious show...it's like I'm rediscovering a lost gem. Plus I'm watching them in order so it makes more sense. I've gotten through like 13 episodes or so. Amazing is when I sit down to watch one, I find myself wanting to watch like 2 or 3 or 4 in a row. They're only 20-minutes anyway. Great show...thanks for reminding me to watch this stuff. By FAR my favorite show so far is the one where they have flashbacks where the Bleuth Dad would hire some one-armed guy to have incidents where his arm gets "ripped off" so he could teach his kids lessons about not yelling and to always leave a note when you're out of milk. Just hilarious.

Now if only I could remember to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...what a crappy timeslot.
El Bastarde

Postby fundirector23 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Man, another show that probably was awesome, that I just never watched. I always miss the boat on these shows! :lol:
It's a dog eat dog world and I am wearing bacon underpants.
fundirector23

Postby Katiemay » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:20 am

^^"And that is why you always leave a note." That was an early favorite for me as well. I always tell people about that episode when I'm trying to get them interested in the show because the humor translates well as a story. Most of the other stuff sounds stupid when you try to relay it.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:33 pm

^I love at the end when the lesson is "And that's why you don't teach your kids lessons!!!" which is just a horrible lesson in itself. Just got to the part where GOB sank the yacht for a magic trick. Amazingly, as evil as the mother is, she's one of the funniest characters on the show. The fact that she's so unashamed about constantly screwing over her own family members is great. Gotta love the Korean kid too.
El Bastarde

Postby Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:03 pm

My girlfriend loves the show and has recently introduced me to it. I am borrowing Season 1 at the moment but I only find myself dipping my toe in. Maybe it hasn't hit me yet. Yes, that's it. That, or it's just because Curb is so damn funny and nothing else compares. :geek:
How can you dream lines of poetry you don't know?
Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby bigB » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:01 am

As he saw his life run away from him 1000's ran along chanting words from a psalm.
bigB
Wookie-Tamer

Postby Guelah » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:34 am

I just discovered this show, via Comcast On Demand.

IT's FUCKING HILARIOUS!! I've watched all the one's that are offered. How the hell did this show only last three seasons?? NBC and FOX PISS ME OFF! They always gotta cut the good shit.

I guess there's no movie in the works, anymore, eh?

I want more...
"2014 Great year...2015...Better year!" -Trip Anti-acid
Guelah
Teh_Southern Pa

Postby jawbone » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:33 pm

have been getting the DVDs from the library for my mom. Hadn't seen it for a few years until then.

good stuff.
[#42?] nothin' shakin' but the leaves on the trees
jawbone
Skunk Ape Expatriate

Postby willbreathes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:12 am

1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Fluffy Bunny » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:21 am

nah guys, the real Arrested Development:

If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite.
Fluffy Bunny
Lazy Hippie

Postby wunderk8 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:56 am

I'm afriad I just blue myself!

caw! caw! caw!

Toyota, Alpharetta x2, Alpine x2, Austin City Limits
wunderk8

Postby willbreathes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:04 am

^ Those are two of my favorite parts.

When the entire family starts doing the "chicken dance" in season three... it is too much.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby jawbone » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:10 am

jawbone
Skunk Ape Expatriate

Postby piper » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:11 pm

anyone hear any updates on the movie?

piper

Postby fundirector23 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:08 pm

Movie?? Really? I would love to know some more about that. :think: Great show..still watch it when I get the chance On Demand.
It's a dog eat dog world and I am wearing bacon underpants.
fundirector23

Postby Katiemay » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:16 pm

jawbone wrote:Image

Glorious!
Katiemay

Postby Katiemay » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:08 am

http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/2010/07/16/will-arnett-mitch-hurwitz-confirm-arrested-development-movie-gq/?icid=main|hp-laptop|dl2|link5|http%3A%2F%2Finsidemovies.moviefone.com%2F2010%2F07%2F16%2Fwill-arnett-mitch-hurwitz-confirm-arrested-development-movie-gq%2F

'Arrested Development' Movie Is Definitely Happening, Say Will Arnett and Mitch Hurwitz
July 16, 2010 |By: Scott Harris

At last, America, our long national nightmare is finally over. No, we're not talking about that little BP oil spill; that's yesterday's news. No, we're talking about something much bigger: the 'Arrested Development' movie is finally happening.

Yes, it's true: According to GQ, both star Will Arnett and Mitch Hurwitz, creator of the beloved cult Fox sitcom, have verified that their highly anticipated film adaptation is finally in the works after years of rumors. Of course, there are still some details to be worked out, such as trying to co-ordinate the filming around the schedules of a dozen in-demand stars like Jason Bateman and David Cross, but considering the trials and tribulations the film has faced to get to this point over the last four years, that's barely a minor hurdle.

So what do we know about the movie? Well, not much, other than these two vital facts: Everyone from the original series, which went off the air in 2006 after three critically acclaimed seasons, has agreed to return for the movie and with that in mind, Hurwitz has already begun working on the script. Just what will be in the story, of course, remains to be seen, as the long development period for the film has necessitated some major changes.

"We're changing some of the Bush references to Obama because we started it awhile ago," Hurwitz told GQ. "And the Bluths may not be vacationing in the Gulf of Mexico anymore. We also might have to recast the part of Uncle Mel, the former action movie star. But other than that we have a clear path."

Joking aside, though, Hurwitz isn't quite ready yet to spill the beans, preferring to play it safe: In Hollywood, after all, until the movie is actually in theaters, anything is subject to change, something Hurwitz knows all too well by now.

"Believe it or not," he said, "I do not enjoy teasing our wonderful and devoted audience, which is one reason it appears that I've been so cagey about this. It's just that I don't want to promise what I can't deliver."

"As Mitch likes to say," Arnett added, "we're just going to wait until there's zero interest, and that's when we'll do it."

No matter how long they wait, that's one day that we think will never come.
Katiemay

Postby piper » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:04 pm

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1671848/arrested-development-movie.jhtml

:thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap:

'Arrested Development' Movie Confirmed
'It's true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie,' series star Jason Bateman tweeted over the weekend.

The "Arrested Development" movie is finally happening. No, seriously. After years of rumors, denials, hedging, backtracking and wishful thinking, series co-creator and executive producer Mitchell Hurwitz confirmed over the weekend that not only are the seriously, hilariously, unapologetically dysfunctional Bluth clan headed to the multiplex, but they will get tuned up for their movie debut by making a short trip back to TV.

Speaking on Sunday at the New Yorker Festival, Hurwitz broke the news, with "Development" actor Jason Bateman confirming it a few hours later on his Twitter feed. "It's true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early '13. VERY excited!"

According to The New York Times, when asked by moderator Nancy Franklin to give an update on the long-rumored film, Hurwitz confessed, "We're 80 percent of the way to an answer." He explained that director/producer Ron Howard, who also narrated the show, "had been talking about this for ages and trying to get this going. ... We don't completely own the property, there are business people involved and studios and that kind of thing. Just creatively, I have been working on the screenplay for a long time and found that as time went by, there was so much more to the story. In fact, where everyone's been for five years became a big part of the story. So in working on the screenplay, I found even if I just gave five minutes per character to that back story, we were halfway through the movie before the characters got together."

Hurwitz was speaking on a panel that gathered the beloved cult show's cast together for a "Bluth Family Reunion." He said that the plan is to do a limited-run (9 or 10 episodes) of the series on TV and then segue into the movie in order to get the hype machine cranked up again, with each episode focusing on one character's backstory to bring us back to the present. Among the castmembers on hand were Bateman, Michael Cera, Will Arnett, Portia de Rossi, Tony Hale, David Cross, Jessica Walter, Jeffrey Tambor and Alia Shawkat, as well as call-in guest Howard.

Given the show's sly, twisty inside-joke humor and legendarily wacky tangents, there was, of course, some skepticism about whether Hurwitz's announcement was possibly part of some cosmic joke. But he later confirmed that he was halfway done with a screenplay, though he did not make any announcement about which studio or network would be handling the re-boot.

Hurwitz also cleared up a long-running misconception about why the movie has not come to pass: the alleged reluctance of "Scott Pilgrim" actor Cera, who was allegedly refusing to play ball. The show's creator explained that the rumor that Cera was stonewalling the project was an inside joke gone wrong.

"I kind of was perpetuating a little thing, like, wouldn't it be funny if Michael Cera was the holdout," he said. "Let's put that out there. And Michael had that Andy Kaufman thing. And then it really turned ugly, quickly. So I really just have to say, for those of you that have been following this saga, Michael's always been great."
piper

Postby The Ubiquitous Smokey » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:08 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The Ubiquitous Smokey
East Side Jedi

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Guess I'll have to finally watch those last few episodes of Season 3. I keep putting it off.
El Bastarde

Postby willbreathes » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:11 pm

willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:20 pm

^LMAO!

All that's left is for Obama to get us a playoff in college football and he'll have completed everything he promised.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:23 am

Just read an article with this very exciting news and rushed here to post it. I figured someone would be on it, but you never know.

Hip hip HOORAY!
Katiemay

Postby jawbone » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:30 am

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: awesome news.
jawbone
Skunk Ape Expatriate

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion