Trey Tiro

Discuss Phish side and solo projects.

Trey Tiro

Postby Harpua » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:51 pm

Has anyone caught any of these shows? Is anyone paying attention to this?

This might be kind of a hot take, but...

The setlists are made up mostly of guitar strumming tunes, and the Phish songs that I don't go to a show actively hoping to see, but when they play them, I am not disappointed. The one show I listened to was reasonably funky, but the sound was fragile as hell, and understandably so. Normally when we hear Trey it is with an organ, which thoroughly fills out the sound. The Trio is just Trey + rhythm, and Trey isn't really carrying it. (Being John Stockton is great when you are playing with Karl Malone, but this team would be better served with Allen Iverson at point.) What I heard wasn't particularly interesting, it was just kinda "TAB Ultra Light."
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Trey Trio

Postby Harpua » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Apparently it is spelled T-R-I-O. :oops:
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Re: Trey Tiro

Postby willbreathes » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:16 pm

I enjoyed the Cleveland show.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby SirChompsAlot » Tue May 01, 2018 2:32 pm

I was thinking about going to one of the Chicago Theater shows, but I ended up with plans that weekend. On top of that tickets were kind of expensive on Stubhub.

I enjoyed the few songs I listened to on the youtubes. Their First Tube was pretty nice, and lol at Trey trying to get feedback from the monitor in this clip...

ghost and I were talking about Trey's banter between songs last week. This little anecdote about Neil Young @ Farm Aid cracked me up.

Edit: it looks like ghost already created a thread about Trey's stories, but I was too lazy to actually read the board before posting, lol viewtopic.php?f=73&t=18708
SirChompsAlot

Postby TanasRoot » Fri May 04, 2018 3:27 pm

haha tiro i dig it 8-)

i was pretty hyped following the trio announcement... i remembered may 99 a little too fondly :wave: although these shows didn't go back to the 99 acoustic/electric tour levels, i payed a fair amount of attention and there were great highlights.

worth keeping in mind before listening to any of these shows with the help of retrospect, these are head-down groover type shows more than blistering face melts... even i needed a show to adjust my ears against my expectations

they absolutely crushed these double time Camel Walks

welcome to Nasty, Alaska
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby Harpua » Tue May 15, 2018 1:29 am

I'm not too proud to admit when I'm wrong about something. My initial reaction was based on a very small sample size (one show). I just heard that 46 Days from NOLA. It is thoroughly enjoyable.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby themomadans » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:52 pm

I saw the Trey quartet in Central Park earlier this month and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have had renewed excitement for this summer's (and fall's) Phish shows ever since.
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is the best
themomadans

Return to Phish Side/Solo Projects