Trey Anastasio Band - 1/26/20 Dallas, TX

Discuss Phish side and solo projects.

Trey Anastasio Band - 1/26/20 Dallas, TX

Postby ghost » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:19 pm

The Bomb Factory
SET 1: Set Your Soul Free, Cayman Review, Everything's Right, Magilla, Camel Walk, Sand, Drifting, Mozambique, Blaze On, Push On 'Til the Day

SET 2: Sometime After Sunset, Undermind, Acting the Devil, Ghost, No Men In No Man's Land, Liquid Time, Love Is What We Are, Dark and Down, Valentine, Alaska, Mr. Completely, A Life Beyond The Dream, Enjoy Yourself, First Tube

ENCORE: Somewhere Over the Rainbow [1], Clint Eastwood, Rise/Come Together

[1] a cappella.

I don't follow TAB very closely, and I didn't know what to expect. Good stuff. Can't go wrong with Trey. I was really hoping for some kind of reference to the Tweezerfest from 94. After the second song he played the Tweezer riff and asked if we got that. Many of us did. He took a poster from the crowd. (I didn't take a picture, but someone else did and put it on Facebook. :thumbup: )
He asked who was there and raised his hand. I saw some other hands up in the crowd. He pointed at someone on the rail and told them to put their hand down because they weren't even old enough. :P
Maybe too many Phish songs but I guess they're Trey songs, so whatever. Except for Magilla. Written by Page. It was awesome with the horns. Mozambique too. Full band tearing it up. For some songs the horn folks left the stage and the other guys just jammed. Enjoy Yourself is fun. Trey with just the microphone always cracks me up.

Did not buy. Don't know why I didn't just get both posters in the picture.

ghost
Human Being

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Phish Side/Solo Projects