TAB- King's Theatre- Brooklyn 2015 Debuts and Bust outs(vide

Discuss Phish side and solo projects.

TAB- King's Theatre- Brooklyn 2015 Debuts and Bust outs(vide

Postby Phinst » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:40 pm

TAB debuted a cover of Bob Marley's "Soul Rebel." Trey handled lead vocals on the song off the reggae legend's 1970 Soul Rebels LP.

Later in the first set, Anastasio told a story about attending an April 9, 2000 Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young show in East Rutherford, New Jersey with his wife, bandmates and friends. Trey explained how he first met Graham Nash on that night, who told him "don't fuck it up!" in response to the success Phish has recently achieved. With that, TAB launched into the debut of "49 Bye-Byes" off the first Crosby, Stills and Nash LP.

the return of the Jennifer Hartswick-sung "Dazed And Confused." TAB played the Led Zeppelin cover four times during Spring Tour in 2003 and not again since until Saturday night.

One of the evening's biggest surprises came towards the end of the first set, when TAB lit into a cover of George Harrison's "What Is Life." Not only had the Trey Anastasio Band never played the former Beatle's solo hit from 1971 in the past, but the guitarist hadn't performed the song with any of his projects including Phish.

...Dip a ladle for a taste of her creation...& she knew that what she made...
would be the Finest in the Nation....

2017: Chicago x2: Dayton>Pittsburgh
Phinst

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: TAB- King's Theatre- Brooklyn 2015 Debuts and Bust outs(

Postby goldenroad » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:23 am

Good stuff. I was just listening to a George Harrison Spotify featured Playlist Friday night. I wonder if Trey was listening to that too. The 49 bye-byes sounded really well rehearsed, "What is Life" felt a little more thrown together, though still great.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Re: TAB- King's Theatre- Brooklyn 2015 Debuts and Bust outs(

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:54 pm

Wow, I'd forgotten that these "early" shows were even scheduled. I just got the new album the other day so I have Trey on the brain but it's a little bittersweet that I won't be seeing him this Fall.

What is Life may be my favorite George song...that's awesome that they're covering it. What a fun tune.
El Bastarde

Return to Phish Side/Solo Projects