What happened to OKP?

Going somewhere? Want to take a friend?

Re: What happened to OKP?

Postby Brother » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:20 am

marley wrote:
And Levi, you had a shitty fall tour b/c of the crazy chick you were with. Hot n crazy isn't for you, my friend! ;)

Levi, is it the same hot and crazy chick you left with me and my friend at Northerly Island 2013? Not that we minded; she didn't seem crazy to us.
Brother

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby GratefulPhish » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:43 pm

I don't know how to work this message board for shit anymore it seems, can't even multi-quote...but you're right Sean, I just had my eye on those Vegas tix- I realized we were both using each other, she just got what she wanted and I didn't, oh well...and I didn't even know Ryan was going to Vegas! That's one dude that I'm sad to not see around here anymore- and I see his posts on FB all the time!!

And no Drew, different chick...the one Sean speaks of is a sociopath, the one at Northerly Island wasn't nearly as crazy as the one I got mixed up with last fall
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Women be shoppin'
I LOOK TO THE STARS AND THE ANSWER IS CLEAR
I LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE WHAT I FEAR
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby GratefulPhish » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:21 pm

Troof, apparently you know the b-i-t-c-h too Hank :?

wanna hear a funny story? I actually had the Vegas tix in my possession when she asked for them back, she said I was selfish for some reason and I told her if I was selfish I wouldn't give them back and I'd just take off for Vegas...she said if I did that all her friends on PT would beat me up and I'd never be able to see Phish again :lol: :lol: :lol: ....can't wait for the episode of American Gangster: Phantasy Tour
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby AsianGirl » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:00 pm

Sounds to me like Levi's poor choice of women led to the attrition of OKP ;P

Just messin' with ya, Levi.

Not sure how I didn't know you were at the Vegas shows. Yea it was awesome times for the OKP members I saw. Since everyone (except marley) trekked out to LV for the shows, the energy was super-positive and LV in general is just to fun for an escape / party / vacation / Phish run.

I was particularly excited to have hung out with marley, phishinsky, KDF4LYPHE, Moma Dave, goldenroad and The Ubiquitous Smokey. Oh and everyone's significant others, who also made the trip out. And special kudos to marley for organizing daily Wolfgang Puck meetups.

Now this is turning into a Vegas-run appreciation thread, lol. I'll just stop here then ;P
*Everything from now on is all Gravy*
AsianGirl

Postby GratefulPhish » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:17 pm

I wasn't at the Vegas shows, and my poor choice of women has been going on much longer than the slump the Pa's been in lately :wave:
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby marley » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:43 pm

I gotta admit, that Inglewood show was pumpin! That Gin was good and the entire second set was great. I wasn't at San Diego or Santa Barbara so I can't speak to those shows, but the Inglewood was great. Plus it was nice to finally meet Harpua!

Note to Levi: stay away from the 50 Shades of Cray! also, toss away stuff you won't need in the end, but keep what's important, and know who's your friend. :wave:
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby y0n » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:53 am

GratefulPhish wrote:One of my favorite meet up memories was meeting Hank & Yoni for the first time in Portsmouth in 2010. I feel like there may have been one or two others that joined the crew (think we met up with Keith inside), but I think I just flagged Hank down telling him I recognized him from the Pa. I think I contacted Yoni to join us and we just chilled by my car drinking brews and listening to tunes. Jae was there too, now I recall. Miss that mofo.

Ah, simpler times.

That was an enjoyable meet up. I don't remember enjoying the show that much, but the lot scene was great. I scored my Orioles/Ocelot shirt there too!
y0n

Postby GratefulPhish » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:43 pm

^Yep, after the Hershey show those pmouth shows had a little bit more to live up to, and they didn't- I remember thinking at those shows that the band was starting to sound like a one-trick pony...but I love that venue so it was just awesome being there for the first time

I think both of my favorite indoor/outdoor east coast venues are within a few miles of each other (Hampton/Portsmouth) which is pretty cool...how cool would it be if they could do a residency at those venues? switching back and forth each night for like a week or two
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby Harpua » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:10 pm

Bonnaroo 05 we were supposed to have a meetup at the fountain. I showed up, nobody else did. I am currently .500 on successful Oh Kee Pa meetups.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby willbreathes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:30 pm

Its all been downhill since Oh Kee Pa - Wakarusa.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby henrietta » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:01 pm

GratefulPhish wrote:
I think both of my favorite indoor/outdoor east coast venues are within a few miles of each other (Hampton/Portsmouth) which is pretty cool...how cool would it be if they could do a residency at those venues? switching back and forth each night for like a week or two

shhhhhhhhhhh........keep P-town small and during the week. Don't want all those loudmouth Yankees coming down here. ;)
henrietta

Postby Guelah » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:46 am

willbreathes wrote:Its all been downhill since Oh Kee Pa - Wakarusa.

Deets?

Wes Mantooth?
"2014 Great year...2015...Better year!" -Trip Anti-acid
Guelah
Teh_Southern Pa

Postby GratefulPhish » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:53 am

henrietta wrote:
GratefulPhish wrote:

shhhhhhhhhhh........keep P-town small and during the week. Don't want all those loudmouth Yankees coming down here. ;)

Ain't that the fuggin troooth bro
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby Harpua » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Harpua wrote:
1. Little
2. Tom
3. ?
4. Kevin!
5. Brady
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby ladyphish » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:43 am

I'm basically going to reiterate what's already been said :-)

You have to think, this board has been going on over a decade, and alot changes over that kinda time. Justin, you were just a teenager when you first found OKP! Back then I only had one kid, one degree, and no fucking husband...ahh, those were the days. And, I literally spent every day on AIM messaging with a drunken Brett, a sonted Thom or a scandalous Sean lol :-)

As with most of you, my priorities have shifted and I'm all about spending what LITTLE bit of extra money I have on home projects. I seriously have about 8 projects in my head at all times. Most importantly, I want to be able to grow the majority of our food which is a very tall order in the current state of our property, so MUCH has to be done to make that happen. In all honesty, I really don't like to leave home or my girls much. I'm happy there, but I will try to get out once a summer :-)

The pa may not be a priority for most of us anymore, but I think it will always be special to everybody. I have met some absolutely wonderful people here who will always hold a special place in my heart even if I only see you once a year or once every few years. And whether I haven't seen a show in 6 months or 6 years I will ALWAYS love this band. Seriously, always.
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby marley » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:21 am

I'm scandalous? :wtf: :wave:
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby willbreathes » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:26 pm

She meant scrumptious.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri May 01, 2015 1:11 pm

hosemasterflex wrote:I wonder sometimes if hooking up the Tapatalks for people's interphones would spark a return. OF TEH PA!

I visit a couple other forums on that app, maybe people are just trending toward more computering from App Land nowadays?

Not to be redundant, but seriously: Tapatalk app.

Web forum + phone app is like peanut butter + chocolate.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Fri May 01, 2015 1:59 pm

I always just say no.

Is it really good? Just seemed like an unnecessary app to me.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby willbreathes » Fri May 01, 2015 2:11 pm

I can't find the OKP on there. Even though the popup says it is available. I'm scared of this!!
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri May 01, 2015 5:08 pm

I visit a couple other forums via tapatalk, both for bands, and they're way busier. Many users are posting from phones. Be the ball Will.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby OlfactoryHue » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:20 am

Hello

It is me the hue, what's new?
OlfactoryHue
Dr. Pulgar Verde

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:53 am

Well Hue, What say ewe? Lots o sh!t's new
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby The Ubiquitous Smokey » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:15 pm

ladyphish wrote:I'm basically going to reiterate what's already been said :-)

You have to think, this board has been going on over a decade, and alot changes over that kinda time. Justin, you were just a teenager when you first found OKP! Back then I only had one kid, one degree, and no fucking husband...ahh, those were the days. And, I literally spent every day on AIM messaging with a drunken Brett, a sonted Thom or a scandalous Sean lol :-)

As with most of you, my priorities have shifted and I'm all about spending what LITTLE bit of extra money I have on home projects. I seriously have about 8 projects in my head at all times. Most importantly, I want to be able to grow the majority of our food which is a very tall order in the current state of our property, so MUCH has to be done to make that happen. In all honesty, I really don't like to leave home or my girls much. I'm happy there, but I will try to get out once a summer :-)

The pa may not be a priority for most of us anymore, but I think it will always be special to everybody. I have met some absolutely wonderful people here who will always hold a special place in my heart even if I only see you once a year or once every few years. And whether I haven't seen a show in 6 months or 6 years I will ALWAYS love this band. Seriously, always.

Nonnie speaks the troof. :wave:

I found the Pa during a super transitional point in my life. :oops:

It was a very weird time, no Phish was around and this was a place to reminisce with old friends and some likeminded folks. Then the band came back and we all got to meet in person and it was a very cool time. 8-)

I have, for the first time in my life, put seeing the Phish on not the back burner, but certainly not the front burner. I have a house and a wife and 2 dogs and a business to run. Life is much different now. :o

My life has, in some ways, kind of run a parallel path with Phish. I seem to have gone up and down the roller coaster with the band and it's mates. And currently, everything has kind of hit a peak and plateaued. It's great. :thumbup:

That all being said, I hope to see some of you this summer, good chance I'll be making it to a few shows throughout the country. :mrgreen:
The Ubiquitous Smokey
East Side Jedi

PreviousNext

Return to Shows/Meetups Board