Hulaween

Going somewhere? Want to take a friend?

Hulaween

Postby Guelah » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:58 pm

Anyone going that isn't Phishing in Vegas?

Brady?

I'm super stoked about Russo/Benevento/Burbridge and the Antibalas horns (and many others, of course)! And that Sunday morning "hangover cure" bluegrass set by Cheese again! Last year was just...perfect. So beautiful.

STS9 played in D.C. on Saturday last year for Halloween. So trying to make it to Suwannee for their late set at Hula on Sunday, they only got 45 minutes of sleep. Plus, all of their normal gear couldn't get there in time, so most of the gear they used was rented. They never play a bad show, but that one, though fun, you could tell they were worn out and a little off. So I think this year will be balls-to-the-wall!!! I love that band.

Who's going and how excited are we getting?

Some other cool things about Hulaween, for those that don't know: The venue (Suwannee Music Park) is absolutely magical. It's one of my favorite places to see music. Cyprus trees, Spanish moss, the red river, the docile alligators... There is some great hiking out there. There's a frisbee golf course. There's a pool. Golf carts and cabins can be rented, if you wish. Bicycles are allowed. Fires are allowed (if you bring your own wood).

The amphitheater is this charming little wooden stage under a bunch of hammock-clad, beautiful live oaks with serious tree-dreads! The ground is terraced and wood-chipped. The art installations last year were nuts! The tiki creature on the page was a super trippy, glowing, psychedelic, bright, multi-colored...thing. It was definitely pleasant to sit in front of and stare at, in the right state of mind. The campgrounds aren't too far from the "Ball Square" area, and they are shaded and comfortable. You can find all sorts of good spots in the woods. And there should be more room this year than last (last Hula had the largest festival attendance at the park EVER, 30k, so they put a cap on it at 25k this year).

So, that means, get on getting your tickets so we don't have another Magnaball meltdown situation, and I hope to see some of you there!!!

I like this lineup a lot...

Get on it kedz!

Ahhhhhhhhoooooooooooo!!!!!!
"2014 Great year...2015...Better year!" -Trip Anti-acid
Guelah
Teh_Southern Pa

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hulaween

Postby Guelah » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:09 pm

This will be my 6th visit to Suwannee Music Park (I attended four Wanee Fests, the Allman Brothers family festival, and Hula last year).

Stoked to go back!
"2014 Great year...2015...Better year!" -Trip Anti-acid
Guelah
Teh_Southern Pa

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Shows/Meetups Board