Mess with a scammer

Are you looking to buy?

Mess with a scammer

Postby cmalark » Thu May 14, 2009 5:45 pm

"Julia" july31021@gmail.com has been posting ads on craigslist saying she has two four day passes for red rocks for $800. Once you contact her, she'll want to do a transaction through "ebay" where she'll send you a fake invoice then want you to wire money through western union to London because she's having trouble with her pay pal. Email her and tell her you want tickets. See how long you can keep her going before she finds out you're not really a buyer. I've had her go to Western Union twice already with fake western union control numbers. Other people should mess with this scum! :D
cmalark

Blog: View Blog (0)

Mess with a scammer

Postby phishreference » Thu May 14, 2009 10:52 pm

love it.

where's the craigslist post?
phishreference

Mess with a scammer

Postby imthedude » Thu May 14, 2009 10:55 pm

^ they're all over the place. my feed reader picked her ad up off the KC craigslist, but i've seen it on denver, colorado springs, and others numerous times. i inquired about the tickets, then after one email could tell she was a bit subject and dangled a carrot in her nose for a few emails. i finally told her to FO.
imthedude

Mess with a scammer

Postby grumpin » Fri May 15, 2009 2:23 am

love it...keep fucking with her.
There are U.F.O's over New York, and no one seems to mind
grumpin

Mess with a scammer

Postby clevername » Fri May 15, 2009 5:44 am

Here's another one... The craigslist post just said 4 fenway phish tickets for $300..
jacabe115@gmail.com

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in my tickets.

Up for sale are (4) Phish Tickets at Fenway Park 5/31 for $300 ($75 each). These seats are side by side in Section A5 row 25.

These tickets are being sold as a group of 4.
I have recently moved to London, UK with work and now I can't go to the concert. I'm not a broker I'm very well paid here and I'm not looking to make extra money using these tickets.We will use SquareTrade to handle this transaction as they act like a 3rd party, just like Escrow.

Here is how SquareTrade works:

1.Buyer and seller agree on the transaction terms and price.
2.Seller contacts SquareTrade Center with the transaction details.
3.Buyer receive the transaction details and payment instructions from SquareTrade Center by email.
4.Buyer deposit the payment to ebay agent and send the payment details to SquareTrade Center.
5.eBay center verify payment from buyer and then will notify the seller to proceed with the shipping.
6.Buyer receives the tickets and have 3 days to inspect it. After the inspection period is over, the buyer must contact SquareTrade Center with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the
tickets, the money is refunded to the buyer after the tracking number for the returning shipment is verified.
7. If the buyer keeps the tickets he must notify SquareTrade Center to pay seller with the amount of money.
VERY IMPORTANT: After you send the money to ebay agent he will deposit them into an escrow account until you get and verify the tickets.

Shipping will be done thru fed ex overnight delivery.

IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THEM EMAIL ME BACK WITH:

YOUR FULL NAME:.......
YOUR ADRESS:...
CITY:...
STATE:...
ZIP CODE:....
EMAIL ADDRESS:....

Thank you
Ship Of Fools wrote:This is a Message Board, not a Tolerance Board.

henrietta wrote:if you are in a parking garage in the middle of Manhattan you are doing New York wrong.
clevername

Mess with a scammer

Postby phishreference » Fri May 15, 2009 11:55 am

^ saw that.

Word of advice - use an email that you don't normally use.
phishreference

Mess with a scammer

Postby clevername » Fri May 15, 2009 7:51 pm

^I have an email account specifically for that purpose. My name is Rutherford Hayes.
Ship Of Fools wrote:This is a Message Board, not a Tolerance Board.

henrietta wrote:if you are in a parking garage in the middle of Manhattan you are doing New York wrong.
clevername

Mess with a scammer

Postby cmalark » Fri May 22, 2009 9:14 pm

I ended up having about 40 emails back and forth with "Julia" before she realized I was effing with her. At one point, I asked what her favorite Phish song was, and she said "Army of One" and claimed to be a die hard phan, so I had her send a picture of tickets with a note that said "Army of One". I got a crappy photoshop of the picture I asked for too! I've been using the name Sam Snead to email her.
cmalark

Return to Want To Buy? (no tickets!)