final round - results

OKP chess move.

final round - results

Postby zoot horn rollo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:24 pm

okp chess tournament: final round results
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------Image-----------------------------------------
a big thanks to all those that took part in the tournament! everyone was very gracious, and really seemed to be enjoying themselves, which made it a pleasure to organize. just reinforces why this place is so cool.

so, from the tournament we have been able to create a "moves" committee that will be in charge of creating the polls. it will consist of bigdude, astral and myself... and as the chairman i will be organizing the logistics (yes, you may refer to me as chairman rollo ;) ). in addition to contributing moves, bigdude and atral be able to vote in the polls... as the chairman, i will only be allowed to vote as a tie breaker (see logistics thread for details).

as part of the committee, you guys are going to have to be fairly engaged (getting back to my pm's and discussions on the poll threads)... the tournament has shown that you guys are good on that front but if you want to step out, just let me know. iccullus, as the highest scoring non-winner of round two, will be our alternate... he can jump in if you head out of town, or are really busy on a given week.

cool guys. any questions/concerns just drop a line... i have screen shots of the timed-out games if anyone needs me to post them. thanks again everyone... go team okp!

your loyal servant,
chariman rollo

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

Blog: View Blog (0)

final round - results

Postby jawbone » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:39 pm

who saw that coming?
[#42?] nothin' shakin' but the leaves on the trees
jawbone
Skunk Ape Expatriate

final round - results

Postby bigdudenthedoorway » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:20 pm

its over, wtf? i had no clue, i guess thats what i get for not reading... oh well. later dudes.
bigdudenthedoorway
The Dude

final round - results

Postby zoot horn rollo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:37 pm

i sent out a reminder to your gameknot account on thursday... its probably flashing in your inbox as we speak. oh well... you still down to help out with the moves? we could use your help.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

final round - results

Postby bigdudenthedoorway » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:43 pm

hey no worries. yeah when i can i will help, next few weeks are going to be hell, so prolly a good thing i didnt win. exams, 2 30page+ papers, flying around doing pr0n shoots,ya know the deal. cheers OKP!
bigdudenthedoorway
The Dude

final round - results

Postby astralgruv » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:12 pm

man i got trampled! good thing too....i wouldve made a crappy chairperson...this was zoot's baby all the way

CONGRATS ZOOT!!
Summer 0TEN: Merriweather(X2)>Raleigh>Charlotte>Alpharetta (X2)
astralgruv
The Swiss Breeze

final round - results

Postby jamphandan » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:29 pm

attaway Zoot!

good stuff guys, nice to hear we have a worthy victor.

i'd just like to add that although i was behind in my matches at the end of the first round i ended up winning them both, so technically i'm undefeated...but i digress

where's Gordo?

jamphandan
Trans-Atlantic Wook

final round - results

Postby zoot horn rollo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:09 am

yeah.. it was tough for me to call games that weren't complete... especially when it came down to a point or two. maybe down the road we can have a full on tournament, when we don't have a deadline to meet.

as for gordo... we're just waiting for him to give the go ahead on the format. should hear back this week.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

final round - results

Postby freebaracco » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:29 am

Kick his ass Zoot
freebaracco
Iron Chef

final round - results

Postby zoot horn rollo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:02 am

oh this is going to be team effort baby... you can check out the details in the logistics thread but basically the top players from the tournament will be making polls so the entire okp can vote on our moves. its going to be good shit.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

Return to Mike's Chess Challenge