What show are you listening to right now?

Live Phish discussion.

Re: What show are you listening to right now?

Postby y0n » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:49 pm

Giving 9/4/15 a relisten for the first time in a while. Don't overlook that smoking hot WB to start set 2!
y0n

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:25 pm

^I'm giving that show my first listen, and I'm pretty into it. I started w/second set, and this morning just cranked into set one. Sounds awesome. The Haley's Comet vocals are niiiice. Trey totally ripcords that shit into Undermind though, lol.

Yesterday the classic rock/oldies type radio station at work was my choice, but it was still torturous. It just kept playin shit like "Bad Medicine" by Bon Jovi, a bunch of Journey, I dunno. This is a welcome contrast, is what I'm tryin to say.

Also, last night I listened to some of I think 8/08/15, and its AUD-ness was f'n glorious coming thru this little wireless speaker I have that oozes bass. It really relayed that deeeeeep bigass speaker experience you get at the show, it was pretty sweet. I'll be dialing that up again.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Buster » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:01 pm

As per the GMOKP thread, I'm jumping right into listening to some ripping '94 PH.

When searching for a show to listen to, I was reminded of my old db.etree account where I had my show collection all listed. Logged in and it still works! I wrote little comments on a lot of the shows to help me remember tunes I liked from each one. Helped a lot and now I need to update it, which will take some time, but on with the show..

My choice for this rip session is 11/26/94. My memory (errr.. comment section..) tells me this Bowie rips and I think I vaguely remember a vac solo from Fishman in this one maybe..?

LINK:
http://phish.in/1994-11-26

Set I
My Friend My Friend, Possum*, Guyute**, If I Could, Foam, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Poor Heart, Cavern

Set II
Halley's Comet > David Bowie, Sweet Adeline, Lizards, Sample in a Jar > Slave to the Traffic Light,

E: Rocky Top
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:26 am

I've never heard that one, I'm downloading it now.

Currently listening to Magnaball day one, for the first time. I wanted to go to this fest pretty fer serious, didn't happen. Set sounds really solid so far,

Simple
The Dogs
TMWSIY>Alvenu Malkenu>TMWSIY
Free

But now they're gonna do fucking happy birthday to you according to the setlist :evil: :eh:

Oh! Is this where they don't play "Eliza"? Shit, this is my second time hearing this, cuz I remember this when it went down.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby y0n » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:16 pm

^ You've got a nice end of the first set coming your way. also a killer set 2, I think its style is right up your alley
y0n

Postby Buster » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:22 pm

y0n wrote:^ You've got a nice end of the first set coming your way. also a killer set 2, I think its style is right up your alley

Yes. That 2nd set felt like a mini marathon. When Waste fired up, I took a deep breath and it felt like I had been holding it since the set started. Looked over at the lady next to me and said, "Wow, we needed a breather!" and she heartily agreed. What a great weekend. TAKE ME BACK!
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:16 am

I'll finish Magnaball some time later when I'm home. I'm at work, so I'm dialing this show in from your ^handy link.. Trey just finished with the mic stand routine and is now shredding the end of MyF.

Buster wrote:As per the GMOKP thread, I'm jumping right into listening to some ripping '94 PH.

When searching for a show to listen to, I was reminded of my old db.etree account where I had my show collection all listed. Logged in and it still works! I wrote little comments on a lot of the shows to help me remember tunes I liked from each one. Helped a lot and now I need to update it, which will take some time, but on with the show..

My choice for this rip session is 11/26/94. My memory (errr.. comment section..) tells me this Bowie rips and I think I vaguely remember a vac solo from Fishman in this one maybe..?

LINK:
http://phish.in/1994-11-26

Set I
My Friend My Friend, Possum*, Guyute**, If I Could, Foam, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Poor Heart, Cavern

Set II
Halley's Comet > David Bowie, Sweet Adeline, Lizards, Sample in a Jar > Slave to the Traffic Light,

E: Rocky Top
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:14 pm

Watching GuyUtica at a friends on a random day off work.

Fucking loving it.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:56 am

I think this is the final Campus Club show. I'm listening thru for the second time in a row, it's just so damn good. Wish I had the sound check.

The recording I have is like, a f*cking sweet sweet dream. A dream with ice cream and sex and love too, and probably extra days off. It's a soundboard, everything is clear and clean basically. Yet you hear the audience plenty. It's like a live album. With a couple piercing moments of feedback.
:lol:

Set one especially is out of control great. Set two is really great too, I mean the whole thing is silly. Some best-ever-contender caliber servings of all of these songs, and in pristine sound. Mike is loud and dominant. Trey is fast and just tearing the shit out of everything. Page is on point and in the mix plenty, and Fish too - just raging it. Plus he plays both the bagpipes and the vacuum. Plus Mike breaks out the accordian and the wig. Not to mention it's Nectar tour, and they perform a ton of new material that would end up on Rift.. some slight differences and a definite newness to those songs.

It's suddenly my favorite Phish thing again. It's like the thing that should shut up any Phish hater. It's the show you put in to turn up loud when you just really need just that certain somethin. It's probably the greatest concert.

It could just be a regular concert though, might not be any big deal.

Friday, 03/13/1992
Campus Club, Providence, RI

Soundcheck: Piano Jam, Shaggy Dog -> Dog Log, Blues Jam, AC/DC Bag, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters

Set 1: The Curtain > Split Open and Melt, Poor Heart > Guelah Papyrus, Maze, Dinner and a Movie > Divided Sky[1], Mound > Fluffhead, Run Like an Antelope[2] -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars[3] -> Run Like an Antelope[4]

Set 2: Wilson > Brother, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, The Landlady > The Lizards, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, The Sloth, Rift, Cold as Ice > Love You > Cold as Ice, Possum[5] > Secret Language Instructions[6] > Possum[7]

Encore: Contact[8], Fire
[1] Fans shouted "POSSUM!" during the pause.
[2] Simpsons signal in intro; Up Up and Away signal.
[3] Two Get Back signals and I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart and Complete Stop signals.
[4] Simpsons signal at the end.
[5] All Fall Down signal.
[6] Simpsons, All Fall Down, Turn Turn Turn, and Random Note signals introduced.
[7] Simpsons and Turn Turn Turn signals.
[8] Mike on accordian for first known time.

Teases:
· Follow the Yellow Brick Road tease in Fluffhead
· Follow the Yellow Brick Road and Groove Is in the Heart teases in Run Like an Antelope
· Hawaii and Lullaby of Birdland quotes in Big Black Furry Creature from Mars
· Somewhere Over the Rainbow tease in Wilson
· Lazy tease in Possum

Notes: During the pause in Divided Sky, some fans, mocking Trey’s comment two nights earlier, shouted out “POSSUM!” Trey teased Follow the Yellow Brick Road at the end of Fluffhead and in the Antelope intro and Somewhere Over the Rainbow both before and during Wilson. Antelope contained Simpsons signals in the intro and at the end of the song as well as a Groove is in the Heart tease from Mike and an Up Up and Away signal before BBFCFM. BBFCFM subsequently contained Hawaii (The Beach Boys) quotes, a Lullaby of Birdland tease, two Get Back signals, and I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart and Complete Stop signals. The Secret Language Instructions featured the introductions of the Simpsons, All Fall Down, Turn Turn Turn, and Random Note signals and were preceded by an All Fall Down signal in Possum and Simpsons and Turn Turn Turn signals as well as a Lazy (Deep Purple) tease from Trey upon the return to Possum. The BBFCFM sandwich is often referred to as the “Big Black Furry Antelope.” Mike used an accordion on stage for the first known time during Contact.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri May 27, 2016 8:32 pm

My first listen to 6/14/00. I joined Tidal for the rare Prince stuff, turns out Phish is on there.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby y0n » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:01 am

Friday, 07/17/1998
Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA

Set 1: Makisupa Policeman > Ya Mar, Gumbo, Divided Sky, Waste > My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, My Soul

Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Mike's Song > Weekapaug Groove[1] > Character Zero

Encore: Punch You In the Eye > Rocky Top

[1] Unfinished.

Teases:
· Manteca tease in Gumbo
· Taste tease in Weekapaug Groove
· Makisupa Policeman tease in Ya Mar

Listening/relistening to every show Phish has played at the Gorge, and this is where I'm up to. The past bodes well for the future, I'd say...
y0n

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:39 am

Freaking, man. I've been listening to a lot of 2016 Phish, like a lot. Right now in the car I'm listening to 10/19/16 set two. But I started to get distracted by what they *weren't* doin', so had to reach back to scratch that itch man. Love me some early 90's, so wicked bad dude.

ZIGGY'S
Winston-Salem , NC

SET 1: The Landlady > Runaway Jim, All Things Reconsidered, Foam, Sparkle, Stash, Fluffhead > Uncle Pen, NICU, David Bowie

SET 2: Buried Alive > The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg, Poor Heart, Brother, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > My Friend, My Friend, The Lizards, Cavern > Cold as Ice > Cracklin' Rosie > Cold as Ice, Possum

ENCORE: Sleeping Monkey, Chalk Dust Torture

ENCORE 2: Harpua
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:07 pm

Finally starting up fall tour.. why did it take me so long? This first set is quite enjoyable.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Buster » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:11 pm

^That's the one that pissed everyone off I think. Shitshow getting in and most people missed half the first set.

I just listened to all of Fall '97 recently.

willbreathes wrote:quite enjoyable.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby willbreathes » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:16 pm

I'm just starting Alpharetta night two.

Nashville night two, set two... wow. And encore.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Buster » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:46 am

willbreathes wrote:
Nashville night two, set two... wow. And encore.

Dudes were cheesin' from the first night. FIRED UP for that 2nd set!
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby Buster » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:40 pm

Giving Winter 2003 -> Summer a re-listen. Some gems in there.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:13 pm

12/29/94 Providence! 22nd anniversary.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ghost » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:34 pm

I came here for the Llama and just stayed for the rest.

8/14/2015
WALNUT CREEK AMPHITHEATER
Raleigh , NC

SET 1: Llama[1], Chalk Dust Torture, The Moma Dance, Yarmouth Road, Tube > Bouncing Around the Room, Maze, Waiting All Night, Lawn Boy, Devotion To a Dream, Wolfman's Brother, Suzy Greenberg

SET 2: The Wedge, Golden Age > Reba > Mike's Song > Ghost > No Quarter > Weekapaug Groove > First Tube

ENCORE: Farmhouse, Fire

[1] Performed in a slow funk style.
Llama was performed in a slow funk style. Weekapaug included No Quarter teases from Trey.
ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:42 pm

04-14-93 American Theater, St. Louis, MO

1: Buried Alive, Poor Heart, Maze, Bouncing Around the Room, It's Ice, Stash-> Kung-> Stash, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, The Divided Sky, I Didn't Know, Golgi Apparatus

2: AC/DC Bag, My Sweet One, Tweezer, Mound, Big Ball Jam, You Enjoy Myself*-> Harpua, Runaway Jim

E: Lengthwise, Contact, Tweezer Reprise

*With "Spooky" jam.

Popped it in this morning on my way to work. I pulled into work as Kung segued back into Stash.

So far, what I have heard has been terrific. That Maze is what I was looking for; there is a taste of Machine Gun Trey in there, but there is also a dash of Emerson-esque "Machine Gun" Page too! I love the Star Trek TOS Theme tease in It's Ice. Kung has some DEG going on in it. This show has some serious meat on its bones.
Last edited by Harpua on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby ghost » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:18 pm

^ Nice. Especially from the new box set. But you're 9 days early. :wave:
EDIT: That is now the correct way to post setlists.

04-05-98 Providence Civic Center, Providence, RI

1: Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > You Enjoy Myself, Theme from the Bottom, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Bathtub Gin > Cities, Sparkle, Split Open and Melt

2: Down with Disease -> Ya Mar -> Prince Caspian, Maze -> Shafty* -> Possum^ -> Cavern^^

E: Bold as Love#

Aftershow PA music: Theme from The Godfather. Basically none of the songs in the second set were finished, all jammed out into some other song. *First time played; shares most lyrics with "Oblivious Fool." ^With funked-out jam during which Trey said "This is for all those that came down wanting to dance" and "we're gonna funk it out". ^^Funky version; with Trey strutting around on stage during the heavy funk; includes older lyrics ("turned the blade back on the bitch, and dropped her in the dung"). #Apparently, they were under a lot of pressure to finish up the deadline/curfew, and even considered not playing an encore at all.

I often remember to listen to the Island Tour well after the 5th of April every year. At least I'm actually listening to one of the shows on the actual anniversary this year. And, holy shit, for the first time I realized that it's hosemaster not horsemaster. Perhaps I should pay more attention. Kevin's screen name makes so much more sense now. Everything makes so much more sense now. I have to sit down... Wait, I am sitting down.
ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:55 pm

The Baker's Dozen

Specifically: Jam Filled, Powdered, Cinnamon, Double Chocolate, Jimmies, Lemon, Boston Crème, and Glazed
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Previous

Return to Live Phish