10-26 Charlotte Coliseum

Discuss the 1996 shows!

10-26 Charlotte Coliseum

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:59 am

10-26-96 Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC

Soundcheck: Dog Log, The Old Home Place, Funky Bitch

1: Julius, Cars Trucks Buses, Wolfman's Brother, Reba, Train Song, Character Zero, It's Ice, Theme From the Bottom, Sample in a Jar

2: Down With Disease, You Enjoy Myself, Sparkle, Simple, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Waste, Run Like An Antelope*

E: Fire

*Dedicated to Fish's cousin, Jason Roberts, for winning a guitar competition; with "Spooky" and "Voodoo Chile" teases ("Voodoo Chile is what Jason Roberts played in the competition).
I LOOK TO THE STARS AND THE ANSWER IS CLEAR
I LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE WHAT I FEAR
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: 10-26 Charlotte Coliseum

Postby PardonMe Doug » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 pm

The first set is very standard here but the second set is friggin brilliant. Never heard this show before, but it opens with a raging 10+ minute DWD. I love hearing the evolution of the jam in this tune. Still one of my favorite songs. The YEM that follows is rocking too, and is followed by the Sparkle-Simple combo they were playing a lot in 95-96. This Simple is amazing. It starts off rocking and then Trey jumps onto the minikit and things turn to a more textured groove before getting downright nasty and evil. Mike and Page work it for a bit and then at about the 12:30 mark Page switches from the clav to the B3 and it about made me shit myself it sounded so sweet. It tails off nicely into McGrupp. The Antelope is dedicated to Fish's guitar-playing cousin and this one is all Trey. Pretty balls-to-the-wall guitar work through out the whole thing and the night finishes with Fire and a smoking guitar solo. This second set is the shiz
PardonMe Doug

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby PardonMe Doug » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:48 pm

PardonMe Doug wrote:T This Simple is amazing. It starts off rocking and then Trey jumps onto the minikit and things turn to a more textured groove before getting downright nasty and evil. Mike and Page work it for a bit and then at about the 12:30 mark Page switches from the clav to the B3 and it about made me shit myself it sounded so sweet.

Nice choice for Live Bait 8.

::changes pants...again::
PardonMe Doug

Postby galacticgigolo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:13 am

my first show here..i was a fan for a couple years but just never had gone to see them yet. still one of the best i've ever seen. might have had something to do with the guy bouncing around the lot that handed me a healthy chunk of fluff or it might have been that they played a killer fucking show either way i really want a soundboard or video from this one!
galacticgigolo

Return to 1996