Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby ladyphish » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:37 pm

What a day this is going to be. Got almost no sleep last night due to some gnarly indigestion. It worried me so badly that I did an EKG on myself at 3 a.m. to make sure it wasn't a heart attack or there was something wrong with my heart. I have an ekg machine with me for work, so it was a nice bit of reassurance that it would pass. It was probably 4 by the time I finally fell asleep, and my alarm started screaming at 7. I don't do caffeine so I'm not really sure how I'm going to make it through today. Somebody send help!
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby willbreathes » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:58 pm

::sends good vibes::
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby TanasRoot » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:56 pm

ladyphish wrote:What a day this is going to be. Got almost no sleep last night due to some gnarly indigestion. It worried me so badly that I did an EKG on myself at 3 a.m. to make sure it wasn't a heart attack or there was something wrong with my heart. I have an ekg machine with me for work, so it was a nice bit of reassurance that it would pass. It was probably 4 by the time I finally fell asleep, and my alarm started screaming at 7. I don't do caffeine so I'm not really sure how I'm going to make it through today. Somebody send help!

Hugs... hope wednesday finds things better :thumbup:

anyone got some sunshine to send to DC? omg 5th gloomy sky morning in a row! AWWl good tho doin tha werk wednesday ;)
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby GratefulPhish » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:45 pm

I know there used to be a few Ween fans on here, if any of em are still around check out their 420 Fest set on YouTube.

I streamed it live and I'm a new fan.
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:17 pm

Anyone got some sunshine to send to DC?

No. We''ve been waiting months for this sunshine and we're not giving it up.
El Bastarde

Postby TanasRoot » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:05 pm

El Bastarde wrote:Anyone got some sunshine to send to DC?

No. We''ve been waiting months for this sunshine and we're not giving it up.

lolllll we got a little finally now ;)

that's funny usually i'd be in michigan too feeling the same way ;)
TanasRoot

Postby El Bastarde » Mon May 01, 2017 2:31 pm

Have a busy week and, of course, for some reason my ankle just starts throbbing last night. Have no clue what I did or why but I hope it cuts it out eventually.

Had a fun weekend and streams the Bisco shows on Friday and Saturday night and then listened to the Umphrey's show from Sat night on Sunday. I got a nugs/net login from a buddy so there's tons of jamband shows on there to listen to if I want. Going to the Tigers game on Tuesday then it's seeing that Trey Anastasio guy this coming Saturday. Pretty pumped.
El Bastarde

Postby TanasRoot » Wed May 03, 2017 2:41 pm

^how's that ankle coming? sounds like some michigan seasonal shit tho hopefully you're good 8-)

oh man you rage that TAB show! i'm not gonna be home for it but there's still a chance to see the Philly show maybe ;)
TanasRoot

Postby El Bastarde » Thu May 04, 2017 2:30 pm

^Strangely, the ankle stopped hurting about as quickly as it started. It started throbbing on Sunday and hurt for some of Monday and was gone by the time Monday evening came around. So I felt fine for the Tigers game and should be good to go for Saturday. Apparently just a sign of getting old when body parts randomly hurt for no reason.

And I can't wait for Trey...I'm getting there at doors to get a prime railing spot (not a lot of railing room in Royal Oak) so I'll be throwing down. Can't wait.
El Bastarde

Postby TanasRoot » Mon May 08, 2017 1:51 pm

El Bastarde wrote:And I can't wait for Trey...I'm getting there at doors to get a prime railing spot (not a lot of railing room in Royal Oak) so I'll be throwing down. Can't wait.

omgg how was it? first ever aint no mountain?!?!?! Last Tube'dddd! :)
TanasRoot

Postby El Bastarde » Mon May 08, 2017 2:46 pm

ROYAL OAK MUSIC THEATRE
Royal Oak, MI
SET 1: Sand, Acting the Devil, Cayman Review, Ocelot, Magilla, Curlew's Call, Work Song, Dark and Down, Money, Love and Change, Everything's Right, Last Tube

SET 2: Night Speaks to a Woman, Shine, 49 Bye-Byes, Burlap Sack and Pumps, Gotta Jibboo, Alaska, Simple Twist Up Dave, Bounce, Clint Eastwood, Ain't No Mountain High Enough [1], First Tube

ENCORE: Sweet and Dandy, Valentine, Architect, The Parting Glass

[1] TAB Debut

Can you ask for a better Trey setlist than this? I saw him on the tour for the last album and there was a few too many short tunes for my liking so I was expecting a lil bit more of that but this one was a damn jamfest. When he opened with Sand you just knew it was going to be a ride...he unloaded with jammed tunes like Ocelot(!), Curlew's, Dark and Down, Money/Love/Change, Last Tube, Night Speaks, Burlap, Jibboo, Alaska, and Twist Up Dave. Even Architect got a nice little jam. Ain't No Mountain was played for the "Motown" crowd and though I'm not that big on the tune, Natalie and James on vocals did it pretty well.

Found some vids with decent audio for some tunes. Dat Sand!!

Sand - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SHUtU6cFZw
Cayman - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPtxPexh5Kc
Shine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kz9RwDVNJA
Mountain - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN88wShybVI
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Mon May 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Looks like a solid night. Always love Sand.
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby TanasRoot » Mon May 08, 2017 5:09 pm

hell yeah thanks for the links!!!!

here's another smoker TAB covering Broken Social Scene in Toronto!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDWtlPUAK6U
TanasRoot

Postby ladyphish » Thu May 11, 2017 3:56 pm

Morning!

I am beyond tired this week. Been rewatching Dexter for some reason and that's led to a lot of unintentional late nights/early mornings. Netflix is killing me softly.

My teenager has a dance recital this weekend so my parents are coming for the night tomorrow. Since I got separated and my husband moved out, they stopped staying in hotels and started staying with me again. So I gotta get cleaning. I also need to figure out what food I'm doing. Mom has so many allergies that's it's just easier to cook for her instead of going out. Her mother's day present is binder I'm putting together with recipes that she likes and that fit her diet and a bunch of other heath/wellness type things I do that she wants to start doing like brewing kombucha or making her own toilet bombs (cleaner).

So I'm supposed to be divorced, but it's been postponed twice now. We did it very bare bones because we already split our "assets" among ourselves and came up with our own custody arrangement. We just paid an attorney a couple hundred bucks to file the papers and go to court. Well, the idiot I married picked some crackhead lady who is about as organized as a tornado. I let him do the filing, so it's all on him. I don't even have to show up :-) First court date, she messed up the summary judgement and we had to wait 2 weeks for a new date. She also told my ex he didn't have to go to court (with me insisting he did). So second court date, he doesn't go and guess what, it got rescheduled when he didn't show up. So Monday is our 3rd freaking date to get divorced. Perhaps that will be the charm? I'm ready!

Hope you all make a big deal to the ladies who raised you and the ones raising your own kids this weekend. Flowers are okay, but cook her/take her out to a nice meal, enroll her in a class she'd enjoy and take care of the kids so she can go, or get her a day at the spa. Something where she gets to be the focus of someone's attention for once. I've learned the hard way that recharging is SO important to moms because we often lose ourselves caring for our families. Mommying ain't no joke, so make sure she can fill her cup back up. It'll make her a better mom and partner!
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Fri May 12, 2017 4:44 pm

So I'm supposed to be divorced, but it's been postponed twice now. We did it very bare bones because we already split our "assets" among ourselves and came up with our own custody arrangement.

Heh, my brother's been basically separated for at least a year now and he's still married just because he's being nice and letting her stay on his health insurance while she gets her shit together.

I don't even have to show up

You may want to anyway. I think judges/clerks don't like when parties are absent.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sun May 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Good morning Oh Kee Pa! Happy Mother's Day to.....Ollie! Going out for brunch with my mom in a short while. Some errands and family visiting.
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Mon May 15, 2017 1:58 pm

ladyphish wrote:Morning!

Hope you all make a big deal to the ladies who raised you and the ones raising your own kids this weekend. Flowers are okay, but cook her/take her out to a nice meal, enroll her in a class she'd enjoy and take care of the kids so she can go, or get her a day at the spa. Something where she gets to be the focus of someone's attention for once. I've learned the hard way that recharging is SO important to moms because we often lose ourselves caring for our families. Mommying ain't no joke, so make sure she can fill her cup back up. It'll make her a better mom and partner!

I took your advice. Flowers were the plan, but after reading this post I upped my Mother's Day game. Grilled up a steak, made some of this broccoli salad she likes, a twice backed potato, and Key Lime Pie for dessert. (The pie was store bought, 'cause ain't no one got time for that.)

I got to babysit my three year old niece on Friday, so that was fun. A couple of years back, I ordered up a gross of little rubber ducks from one of those bulk order novelty companies. When she arrived, I told her that 25 ducks had escaped and were hiding in my house and I needed her help finding them. She had a lot of fun with that. It kept her occupied for longer than I thought it would.

The whole weekend was awesome. Had Lou Malnati's, saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, and played a round of disc golf. The disc golf, though, really demonstrated how pathetically out of shape I am, because I only played 9 holes, and today I have some DOMS going on.

(Good morning, OKP)
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Mon May 15, 2017 2:30 pm

I drove Mom to Greenfield Village which is a bit of a "village/museum" by the Henry Ford museum about how life was in his day. I hadn't been there since I was a kid so it was mostly all new to me as well. Then took her to a polish restaurant for her usual pierogis. Not a bad time, really.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Tue May 16, 2017 5:09 pm

:yawn:
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby ladyphish » Wed May 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Sitting in an auto repair shop. Yippie skippy.

Big plans to work in the yard tomorrow. Hope to get my veggie garden going. Temp likes to plunge to frost around mother's day around here so I've been afraid to plant until now. Hopefully I can get a few things ready by summer's end.

Thought my teenager was done with dance, but apparently not. We've already got choreography for NEXT year this weekend. Joy.

Speaking of joy, I'M FINALLY DIVORCED, WAHOOOOO!!

Thanks for the Mother's Day love Katie! It was low key just like I like it :-)

Take care all!
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed May 17, 2017 11:07 pm

^happy divorce and Mother's Day!

My car is in the shop too, it's a good place for it.

Listened to the Big Boat today. I think for me it's either Friends or No Men, for best track.

But really I was just taking a break from a Yes binge, since I discovered yessongs.nl.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Thu May 18, 2017 2:29 pm

I think for me it's either Friends or No Men, for best track.

You so crazy.

And, wow, crazy news about Cornell. I was never a big Soundgarden guy but they did a show in Detroit just last night. Imagine seeing a band that night and waking up the next morning to find out one of them was dead. Just surreal.

But really I was just taking a break from a Yes binge, since I discovered yessongs.nl.

Speaking of wacky prog rock, I dusted off this old Flower Kings album I had in my collection. Hadn't listen to this in at least a decade. What fun.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu May 18, 2017 5:16 pm

Flower Kings is tough for me, I keep trying though.

I don't see why I'm so crazy ... is it because you have different favorites than me?

Morning dudes. Kinda want more coffee, kind of know it'd be a mistake.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Fri May 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Flower Kings is tough for me, I keep trying though.

Yeah, most prog bands are tough for me. I appreciate the weird time signatures and how songs flow but sometimes they jump around too much and never keep a rhythm. I tend to like the longer Flower Kings stuff but I'm not big on the shorter tunes.

I don't see why I'm so crazy ... is it because you have different favorites than me?

Naw, just making fun of you liking for Friends. It's easily the worst song on the album for me but to each their own. I do very much like Big Boat as a whole though. Miss You still kills me every time. One of Trey's best ballads.

Kinda want more coffee, kind of know it'd be a mistake.

I basically have a rule where if I need coffee anytime after 11am, it's just a bad day. Plus coffee in the afternoon makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. If I need caffeine then I'll grab a Mountain Dew or something.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri May 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Yup, totally agreed on coffee and on Miss You. Not on Friends though, I'm legit surprised anyone can think it's the worst one. Things People Do is better than Friends to you? I like it because I think it's got a crafty melody/chord situation, where most of their recent stuff is less imaginative that way. Plus I think the words are really different and good. I've got a long way to go before I can say I've embraced it as an album though, ... good thing there's more than one way to have opinions.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion