What show are you listening to right now?

Live Phish discussion.

Re: What show are you listening to right now?

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:49 am

No, you forgive me!

Friday 5/8/92
The Riviera Theatre, North Tonawanda, NY

SET 1: The Curtain > Cavern, Reba, Uncle Pen, It's Ice, Eliza > Llama, Mound, All Things Reconsidered, Bouncing Around the Room > David Bowie [1], Memories [2]

SET 2: Wilson > My Sweet One, Stash, Magilla > Maze, You Enjoy Myself, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Chalk Dust Torture, Cold as Ice > Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, Golgi Apparatus

ENCORE: Big Black Furry Creature from Mars

[1] All Fall Down, Simpsons, and Random Note signals.
[2] Without microphones.
Bowie had All Fall Down, Simpsons, and Random Note signals. Memories was performed without microphones. BBFCFM contained a Brady Bunch theme tease from Mike.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Buster » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 am

I bought Live Phish Dayton 97 the other night. Mainly because I just couldn't find a decent AUD. Holy shit it Sounds SO good. It's been on repeat the better part of 72 hrs lol.

I'm sure most of you know, but it's the thing to do:

ERVIN J. NUTTER CENTER, WRIGHT STATE UNIVERSITY
Dayton, OH
SET 1: AC/DC Bag -> Psycho Killer[1] -> Jesus Just Left Chicago, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own > It's Ice -> Swept Away > Steep > It's Ice > Theme From the Bottom , Tube -> Slave to the Traffic Light

SET 2: Timber Ho! > Wolfman's Brother -> Boogie On Reggae Woman > Reba[2], Guyute > Possum

ENCORE: A Day in the Life
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby ghost » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:11 pm

I put in the Clifford Ball DVDs to help me through the annual chore of putting lights on the Christmas tree. I I always enjoyed the Simple. The rest is pretty good too.

08-16-96 Plattsburgh Air Force Base, Plattsburgh, NY

1: Chalk Dust Torture, Bathtub Gin, Ya Mar, AC/DC Bag, Esther, The Divided Sky, Halley's Comet, David Bowie

2: Split Open and Melt, Sparkle, Free, The Squirming Coil, Waste**, Talk**, Train Song**, Strange Design**, Hello My Baby, Mike's Song-> Simple-> Contact-> Weekapaug Groove

3: Makisupa Policeman, Also Sprach Zarathustra-> Down With Disease, NICU, Life on Mars, Harry Hood#

E: Amazing Grace

The Clifford Ball (Day One). **Acoustic mini-stage. #With fireworks.

08-17-96 Plattsburgh Air Force Base, Plattsburgh, NY

1: The Old Home Place, Punch You in the Eye, Reba, Cars Trucks Buses, Lizards, Sample in a Jar, Taste, Fee, Maze, Suzy Greenberg

2: The Curtain, Runaway Jim, It's Ice, Brother*, Fluffhead, Run Like an Antelope, Golgi Apparatus, Slave to the Traffic Light

3: Wilson, Frankenstein, Scent of a Mule**, Tweezer, A Day in the Life, Possum, Tweezer Reprise

E: Harpua#

The Clifford Ball (Day Two). *With Ben & Jerry singing a verse. **With a Fishman solo instead of the typical Page/Trey duel. #Without the "Ooom Pah Pah" opening and cut short before finishing.
ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:37 pm

On Phish.net if you click on Shows and Phish Setlists and Setlist Options you get this:
(I'm pretty sure it would be more than two sets.)

01/32/2019
BOWIE MOON BASE
The Moon, Luna
Soundcheck: Space Oddity, Moonchild, Rocket Man, Destiny Unbound

SET 1: AC/DC Bag, No Men In No Man's Land, Backwards Down the Number Line > Carini [1], My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own -> McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Wall of the Cave > Golgi Apparatus

SET 2: Piper > Twist > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday, 2001 -> Boogie On Reggae Woman, 46 Days > Tweezer[2] -> Harry Hood

ENCORE: Life on Mars, Tweezer Reprise

[1] Lyrics changed to "Martini in a Frumpy Bed"
[2] Fish on Marimba Lumina
This show was webcast via Live Phish, albeit with horrible interplanetary lag. At least four people were sucked into a passing event horizon during 2001. Tweezer Reprise cut short due to space dust hail.
ghost
Human Being

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:39 am

phish.net wrote:FRIDAY 01/13/2017
BARCELó MAYA BEACH
Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Mexico

SET 1: Free, Yarmouth Road, Sand, Theme From the Bottom > Funky Bitch, Undermind > NICU > Horn, Wolfman's Brother

SET 2: A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing > The Wedge > Fuego > Prince Caspian -> Twist -> Seven Below > Golgi Apparatus > Run Like an Antelope

ENCORE: Contact, Bug

Well, I don't know how far I'll get but I'm starting 2017.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:55 am

phish.net wrote:PHISH, SATURDAY 01/14/2017
BARCELó MAYA BEACH
Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Mexico

SET 1: The Curtain With, AC/DC Bag > Breath and Burning, Poor Heart, Halfway to the Moon, The Line, Waking Up Dead, Tube > Fast Enough for You, Ocelot > Chalk Dust Torture

SET 2: Crosseyed and Painless > Blaze On > Meatstick > Winterqueen, Mercury > Light > Wading in the Velvet Sea

ENCORE: Drowned, Rocky Top
This show was webcast via Live Phish. Crosseyed was teased in Meatstick, Mercury, Light, and Rocky Top and teased and quoted in Drowned.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Harpua » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:09 pm

willbreathes wrote:Phish: Fri, Aug 07, 2015
Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Soundcheck: It's Ice, Mound, The Lizards, Jam

Set 1: A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, My Sweet One > Wilson > Timber (Jerry), Roses Are Free, Rift, The Moma Dance, Ginseng Sullivan, Wingsuit, It's Ice > Bathtub Gin

Set 2: Chalk Dust Torture[1] -> Tweezer > The Lizards, Makisupa Policeman > Ghost > Harry Hood > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Good Times Bad Times

I listened to set one yesterday, and I'll fire up set two on my way home from work today. This show is a killer show. Definitely one of the best I have seen.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Harpua » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Harpua wrote:
willbreathes wrote:Phish: Fri, Aug 07, 2015
Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Soundcheck: It's Ice, Mound, The Lizards, Jam

Set 1: A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, My Sweet One > Wilson > Timber (Jerry), Roses Are Free, Rift, The Moma Dance, Ginseng Sullivan, Wingsuit, It's Ice > Bathtub Gin

Set 2: Chalk Dust Torture[1] -> Tweezer > The Lizards, Makisupa Policeman > Ghost > Harry Hood > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Good Times Bad Times

I listened to set one yesterday, and I'll fire up set two on my way home from work today. This show is a killer show. Definitely one of the best I have seen.

Wow. I remembered this show being great, but goddamn that seconds set is freaking great!! Cheezer sorta overshadowed a really high energy Ghost.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby TanasRoot » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:22 pm

ghost wrote:On Phish.net if you click on Shows and Phish Setlists and Setlist Options you get this:
(I'm pretty sure it would be more than two sets.)

01/32/2019
BOWIE MOON BASE
The Moon, Luna
Soundcheck: Space Oddity, Moonchild, Rocket Man, Destiny Unbound

SET 1: AC/DC Bag, No Men In No Man's Land, Backwards Down the Number Line > Carini [1], My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own -> McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Wall of the Cave > Golgi Apparatus

SET 2: Piper > Twist > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday, 2001 -> Boogie On Reggae Woman, 46 Days > Tweezer[2] -> Harry Hood

ENCORE: Life on Mars, Tweezer Reprise

[1] Lyrics changed to "Martini in a Frumpy Bed"
[2] Fish on Marimba Lumina
This show was webcast via Live Phish, albeit with horrible interplanetary lag. At least four people were sucked into a passing event horizon during 2001. Tweezer Reprise cut short due to space dust hail.

awesome find :lol:
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby SirChompsAlot » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:13 pm

phish.net wrote:PHISH, SATURDAY 12/30/2017
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY
SET 1: Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Tweezer > Ass Handed, Kill Devil Falls > Bathtub Gin, Brother, More

SET 2: Down with Disease[1] -> Steam > Light > Farmhouse, Run Like an Antelope

ENCORE: Sleeping Monkey > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Unfinished
This show was webcast via Live Phish. Brother was last played June 17, 2012 (216 shows). Down With Disease was unfinished. Trey teased No Woman, No Cry in Farmhouse.

It's kinda great.
SirChompsAlot

Postby TanasRoot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:26 pm

anyone interested in torrenting Baker's Dozen HD webcast vids w/ Charlie Miller matrix AUD? i got the links from .net ... the files are huge like 10 GB per show but they look and sound incredible. http://forum.phish.net/forum/show/1377773971#page=1

Watching PHISH 7/21/17 Coconut for the first time since being there, really great

SET 1: Shake Your Coconuts[1], Martian Monster, Timber Ho! > 555, Pigtail, Halfway to the Moon, Reba[2], Moonage Daydream, Walls of the Cave

SET 2: Tweezer > Seven Below > Billy Breathes > Sparkle, Everything's Right > Slave to the Traffic Light > Suzy Greenberg, Coconut[3]

ENCORE: The Mango Song > Good Times Bad Times

[1] Phish debut. Lyrics changed to reference the Baker's Dozen.
[2] No whistling.
[3] Phish debut.
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby y0n » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:50 am

TanasRoot wrote:anyone interested in torrenting Baker's Dozen HD webcast vids w/ Charlie Miller matrix AUD? i got the links from .net ... the files are huge like 10 GB per show but they look and sound incredible. http://forum.phish.net/forum/show/1377773971#page=1

Watching PHISH 7/21/17 Coconut for the first time since being there, really great

SET 1: Shake Your Coconuts[1], Martian Monster, Timber Ho! > 555, Pigtail, Halfway to the Moon, Reba[2], Moonage Daydream, Walls of the Cave

SET 2: Tweezer > Seven Below > Billy Breathes > Sparkle, Everything's Right > Slave to the Traffic Light > Suzy Greenberg, Coconut[3]

ENCORE: The Mango Song > Good Times Bad Times

[1] Phish debut. Lyrics changed to reference the Baker's Dozen.
[2] No whistling.
[3] Phish debut.

I need to get myself an external hard drive...
y0n

Postby Harpua » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Phish.net wrote:PHISH, SUNDAY 08/09/2015
ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE East Troy, WI

SET 1: The Very Long Fuse, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Brian and Robert, Saw It Again, Esther, Weigh, The Sloth, Sanity > Split Open and Melt

SET 2: Run Like an Antelope > Carini > Waves -> Tweezer > Dirt > Mike's Song  > Blaze On > Weekapaug Groove > Tweezer Reprise

ENCORE: Contact, Frankenstein[1]

[1] Page on keytar.

Mockingbird featured narration about Trey walking around Alpine Valley and having a bird shit on him, inspiring him to play the song that night. He also acknowledged that this was the band's 17th show at Alpine and that the following day would be the 19th anniversary of their first appearance (August 10, 1996). The Very Long Fuse was quoted in Sanity. Frankenstein featured Page on keytar.

This is one of my favorite shows that I've seen. It was sloppy at times (Mockingbird and Esther), but that is to be expected when they bust out rare and complicated tunes. This Tweezer is among the more underrated jams of the tour. It came on the heels of Blossom's epic CDT -> Tweezer (Cheezer), so it gets overshadowed, but as stand alone jams, I'll take Alpine over Blossom.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby OlfactoryHue » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:49 pm

none but i listened to tube from 2/22/03 ealier... i think? my dates are fuzzy these days... used to have that knowledge on lock down.. not anymore
OlfactoryHue
Dr. Pulgar Verde

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: What show right now? Well it's 7/16/17

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:36 am

I'm finally making my way thru the last Chicago '17 show ... I don't know if it's these boomy AUDs or what, but it's taking me forever.

Pretty fun shows though, strong Stash right there. Just doubled back though, to relisten to Tube cuz I wasn't listening.

Long Live Phish. 8-)
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Re: What show right now? Well it's 7/16/17

Postby y0n » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:24 pm

hosemasterflex wrote:I'm finally making my way thru the last Chicago '17 show ... I don't know if it's these boomy AUDs or what, but it's taking me forever.

Pretty fun shows though, strong Stash right there. Just doubled back though, to relisten to Tube cuz I wasn't listening.

Long Live Phish. 8-)

Are boomy AUDs something you dislike? What pulls are you listening to?
y0n

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:18 am

I pulled this from the google spreadsheet. I guess I wouldn't mind the boomy auds but it's distorting on the speakers I happen to be using.

Tempted to spin 3/22/93, was just about to see if I even have that show. I'd better.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:17 am

I freaking didn't have it, lol. I swore I had it. It was probably in my old tape collection. I'll never know. Anyway, I downloaded it. .... Still haven't listened.

I am trying to go thru 2017. I've just started up 7/18/17, great looking setlist. This recording is waaaay better than what I was listening to for the Chicago shows.

ERVIN J. NUTTER CENTER, WRIGHT STATE UNIVERSITY
Dayton, OH

SET 1: Tuesday[1], Peaches en Regalia > Free, Roggae, Sugar Shack, Maze, Horn, Crazy Sometimes[1] > 46 Days > Runaway Jim

SET 2: Down with Disease[2] > Mountains in the Mist > Waves > Ghost > Wombat > Chalk Dust Torture

ENCORE: The Squirming Coil
[1] Phish debut.
[2] Unfinished.
This show featured the Phish debuts of Tuesday and Crazy Sometimes and was webcast for free via LivePhish. DWD was unfinished. Trey quoted Waves at the end of Ghost and teased Oye Como Va in Wombat.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Harpua » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:38 pm

^ Great show

7-16 Northerly Island, Chicago, IL
SET 1: Possum, 555, Tube, Ocelot, Lawn Boy, Stash, The Line, Birds of a Feather, Funky Bitch, Run Like an Antelope

SET 2: Carini > Twenty Years Later > Piper > Thread[1], Bathtub Gin > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Cavern

ENCORE: Wilson, Character Zero

I can't get enough of this Carini. There is another thread around here about how Trey has been touching on some ABB-esque riffs, and I think there are parts of this jam that have a touch of ABB.

Late into 20 Years Later, Page start messing around with different synth sounds - I wish they would have kept tugging on that thread.

Speaking of Thread, I get that this is a debut, but the band sounds downright timid through the first several movements, Trey's guitar tones are vaguely muted (possibly by design), and lead and harmony vox lack conviction. Overall I do like the song (perhaps "don't dislike" is more accurate), but they still need to tighten it up.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby SirChompsAlot » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Both great shows. Quality Squirming Coil to close out the Dayton show, then hot damn, that entire setlist was great for that Sunday show in Chicago. I think I was too exhausted (gettin too old for this shit) to really appreciate it at the time, but especially that second set into the encore...oh my.

The only knock I'll give that Carini was that we had just gotten a great Carini at wrigley the year before, but hey, I like having that kind of complaint.
SirChompsAlot

Postby Brother » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:24 pm

^^^ The set list of that Dayton show looks awesome. I do love me a good Waves. Speaking of Chicago Waves, how about 2011/8/15 Waves? That's one of my favorite Waves and shows attended. Maybe my favorite show attended.

^^ Fun fact: I'm not that into Carini. I don't get excited when it's played. However some jams from it are definitely sweeeeeet. I'll have to eat my words and check out that one you mentioned if it's got an ABB type jam in there.
Brother

What 3 shows are you listening to right now?

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:01 am

I just took a reasonable listen to this show. Not full on loud or anything, but loud enough. Doubled back when I knew I'd missed something. I don't like to listen too passively, and it happens easily since you have to also live life; can't just listen to Phish all the time, turns out. So I had this one playing at the PC while I worked. Anyway, I don't know if I've ever enjoyed this show more, that was a good listen. Check out Mike's bass solo before the vocal jam in YEM, for a really smooth and tasty bass solo. Very strong 2.0 show IMO. Helps that the setlist is full of favorites of mine.

Continuing my 2017 listen-through. I'm about 15 minutes into the long No Men In No Man's Land. Pretty awesome show so far. It's not the knockout that the '03^ Worcester setlist is, but this is a pretty sweet show. Listening in bluetooth earbuds from my phone.

Popped in disc four in the car, my son's choice. I don't think I've ever started there with this show before, and certainly haven't listened in years. Real fun set so far. Up to Swept Away I think ... or maybe we've moved on but I don't remember what happened next.

Yeah so I've got multiple shows goin on. I have Mike's new record on the turntable too. Kind of on a Phish bender.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Phish bender continues

Hampton Comes Alive disc 6 in the car, up to Wedge
Just got thru 12/29/17 in the earbuds, really really dug that show
A Live One in the kitchen, left off after the Hood

Prolly moving on to 12/30/17 in the earbuds next, and maybe switching to Plasma in the car - just got that disc(s) on ebay on the cheap, never heard this album before. Started diggin into Trey's solo albums for real finally, and I'm surprised by how much I like them.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Previous

Return to Live Phish