Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby Harpua » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:02 pm

JRAD last night was unreal. Shit venue (The Riv), but insane show. They came out and just blew the doors off the venue, opening with a 22 minute The Wheel. Go see them if you get the chance. Seriously. Wow.

Steve and Sean should be happy about that ridiculous MSU comeback yesterday. Wow. NU couldn't miss in the first, but those MSU boys came out to play in that second half. There's no shame in losing to the best, but there is a bit of shame in blowing a 27 point lead.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby marley » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:13 pm

^ yeah, the first half, Izzo was determined to get points in the paint. It's sort of like trying to make the "up the middle" in football work. Izzo abandoned that in teh second half and squeezed out a victory.
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:10 pm

JRAD last night was unreal.

Really wish those dudes would come to MI locally but they don't feel like it.

And, yeah, pretty sweet comeback on Sunday. The defense in the second half was phenomenal. Izzo went with a 3-guard lineup just to shut down the 3's...I can't even remember an NU shot that wasn't contested. And now with OSU losing to UM, we're in the driver's seat to win the Big Ten.

Think I have the flu or something close to it. Lots of body temp issues like sweating or chills in addition to the usual stuffed head and coughing. At least I can work from home during this.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Hey everyone. On winter break this week. Enjoying the down time a whole lot. Going to see moe. this weekend and JRAD and (hopefully) Mike in March. Had the distinct pleasure of seeing one of the acoustic Trey shows, Ithaca, a few weeks ago. What a treat that was.

Making cheeseburger soup for my friend and I. Have to nail down a recipe. There are so many, with many variations. Will probably end up just winging a hybrid of everything I've read.
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:48 pm

^ How did it turn out? The last two times you have posted about soup, it made me jones for some! I freaking love soup - the only cookbook I own (and likely will ever own - thank you, internet) is soup / stew specific. So, because of your post, I made a killer broccoli cheddar last night.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby ghost » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:06 pm

^, ^^ Both of you are making soup sound great. It's the right kind of day for it here...temps just above freezing with lots of rain. I'll have to figure it out for dinner tonight.

And good morning
ghost
Human Being

Postby Katiemay » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:41 pm

^^I ended up winging it and I think it came out well. There's room for improvement, but it was certainly tasty. I love soup as well. It is so easy to make, very forgiving, cheap and very satisfying.

Wow, Pa. It's 73 degrees and sunny here right now. I have multiple windows open. It's glorious. Sadly, in a mere 12 hours it will have dropped to 31.
"The beauty of a moment is that it's fleeting. By its very nature, it slips through our fingers, making it that much more precious."

Enjoy the day!
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:02 pm

Dudeswhat'suuuuupppp

This keyboard has a space bar you gotta slam on, to get yer spaces.

I forgot that when I started this post but there's no goin back,oooohhh, there's no goin back now
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:18 pm

Just recovering from having the flu all last week. Couldn't even enjoy the nice weather since I got chills every time I went outside. It sucked. But I'm better now, at least.
El Bastarde

Postby OlfactoryHue » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:38 pm

i've slowly become a morning person the past few months.. i don't particularly care for it

more for you
OlfactoryHue
Dr. Pulgar Verde

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Harpua » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:40 pm

GMOKP,

March promises to be a fun one. I found out my brother is going to be in Illinois for two weeks starting March 16, which is awesome because my family always has a big St. Patrick's Day feast. On St. Pat's, I'm taking my nephew to see our Bulls take on Lebron and the Cavs. The following weekend my brother and I are going to see a special screening of The Wrath of Khan hosted by William Shatner. :ugeek: I'm definitely pumped for both.

Now all I have to do is wait...

~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:29 pm

Man, I'll tell you what, good mornin.

I'm putting together a golf plan for tomorrow. Band rehearsal here at home for a change this eve ... expecting a decent enough weekend. Glad for it too, work has me very anxious and uptight lately. I slept til almost 10:30 today which is really rare for me.

Course it's 1:30 and haven't eaten yet so my clock's all messed up.

Welp okay sh!t blam wiggle me dixie. I mean, ... enjoy your Saturday!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:04 pm

Morning Pa. 3 day weekend due to a dumping of ~18 inches of the heaviest snow I have ever had to move. The melt will come soon enough. Great to see moe last weekend. Still can't get over how quickly they were back after Rob's cancer and how good he sounds.

Managed to score a pav for each night of Camden. However, I'm going to keep plans up in the air for that now that Curveball has been made official.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:16 pm

i've slowly become a morning person the past few months.. i don't particularly care for it

I'm noticing this too. Even on weekend, I'm getting up at like 9/9:30 and usually can't sleep in even if I want to. I guess I'll just have to start drinking heavily the previous night so I can sleep in.

March promises to be a fun one.

I got Railroad Earth this Thursday, then Friday off then I have my usual Thurs/Fri off next week for March Madness antics. Can't wait.

Great to see moe last weekend. Still can't get over how quickly they were back after Rob's cancer and how good he sounds.

Agreed. This was awesome news to see them touring again. Now if only they'd visit Michigan again...
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Got me some Railroad Earth tonight! Pretty pumped.

Early Friday Song:

El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:46 pm

^ How was the show?

^^^^^ Yes, on the Smarch picture. (As awesome as the Hurricane Chow picture from last month.) Brett posted the Smarch picture on Facebook recently. Facebook also told me that he has a baby now.

^^^^^^^^^^ I never made any soup. There was some frozen shrimp in the freezer, so I made jambalaya. I'd never made it before, but it turned out great. There is one more bag of shrimp. I'm going to make jambalaya again for dinner this evening. I need to go to the store for some supplies. I'm looking for some non spicy andouille sausage.

Good morning. Happy Friday. Have a great weekend.

Kids were saying Humpty Dumpty this morning. This was in my head for the walk to school:

ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:11 pm

^ Generating memes at Frinkiac-dot-com really is the most efficient way of communicating. I no longer have to put the effort into creating my own thoughts. Now all I have to do is fall back on the steady stream of Simpsons word association already running through my mind.

^^ Yes... how was the show? I was debating seeing them at The Vic in Chicago, but opted not to. Now I need to know if I should regret that decision.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Katiemay » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:46 pm

GMOKP. Smarch is right. Can't wait to do away with the heavy coat. Scrolling past the soup and jambalaya posts here makes me think a warm, hearty meal in a pot sounds like a good idea for this weekend. Might as well make the most of the cold, snowy weather. Soup good. Heavy coats bad.
Katiemay

Postby ghost » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Harpua wrote:^ Generating memes at Frinkiac-dot-com really is the most efficient way of communicating. I no longer have to put the effort into creating my own thoughts. Now all I have to do is fall back on the steady stream of Simpsons word association already running through my mind.

When I first moved to Texas in 1998, The Simpsons was taking up 95% of my brain. After a few months, someone commented that I related everything to something from an episode of The Simpsons.

Today is the first day off school of Spring Break.

It's still a little chilly this morning...50 degrees. (You'll have to excuse my new Texas-calibrated experience of temperature and weather.) But the sun is out and it's not windy. Once you get out there, it's not really chilly at all.
ghost
Human Being

Postby SirChompsAlot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 pm

BART: Well, we're having the best spring break of our lives, and we don't need you around nerding it up!
MILHOUSE: That job is taken!

What do you guys think about my new tattoo?

SirChompsAlot

Postby Harpua » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:21 pm

^ Awesome, but also...

The Simpsons have taken over the GMOKP thread!

I arrived at a meeting an hour early today. That was how my day started. I was supposed to be there at 9:45, I got there at 8:40. They offered to let me use a vacant office while I waited, but instead I found the nearest Starbucks and got myself caffeinated. (Rhyme definitely not intended, but I am happy that it happened.) I can't even blame daylight savings, because I would have an hour late if I hadn't adjusted. Things haven't really improved since. Allons-Y!
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Survived work today. Just have to make it one more day and then it's off Thurs and Fri to drown myself in March Madness basketball glory for four straight days. Best weekend of the year. Can't wait. Go Michigan State!
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Good Odin's Day, OKP!!! Now we enter the time of year I call "where is Tru TV?" I swear, I only watch this channel for three weeks in March every year. I literally have no idea what else is on this channel.
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby SirChompsAlot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:53 pm

marley wrote:I literally have no idea what else is on this channel.

From the few commercials I saw last night, that Practical Jokers show, then two shows with some people called Adam Conover and Chris Gethard (he must've had a tough time in high school). Basically nothing I'm remotely interested in.

I am all about the hoops though. Took a half day off tomorrow and full day Friday to watch games. I'm also planning on joining in the amateur hour shenanigans for St Patrick's Day on Saturday. So hopefully my liver survives through the weekend.
SirChompsAlot

Postby y0n » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Taped my first show last night. Stu Allen's Mars Hotel, just using the internal mics on a portable recording deck that I recently bought.

Stu is a better Jerry than Mr. Mayer.
y0n

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion