Phish 2018 Summer Tour

Discuss Phish!

Re: Phish 2018 Summer Tour

Postby Harpua » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:52 pm

^^ That's awesome that you and your granddaughter are able to bond (more so) over Phish.

Up till Alpharetta, I have been loath to compare 2018 to 2015, but one comparison that can pretty easily be drawn is that both had major turning points in Georgia. I hope this upward trend continues!
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby SirChompsAlot » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Yep, that's really cool, fone. I'm really glad you've been able to share that with your granddaughter. I generally have a hard time getting into a band that I'm unfamiliar with unless they really blow me away, so it sounds like she was pulled in right away. That's awesome.

Harpua, I haven't gotten a chance to listen to much from the ATL shows (just a couple songs here and there during the broadcast), I'm hoping the be able to listen to them in the next few days. I thought the setlists all looked great on paper though. I definitely chuckled at the "You Sexy Thing Reprise".
SirChompsAlot

Postby GratefulPhish » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:12 pm

That shit was so much fun.
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby fone » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Phish at Camden tonight. Weather will be as uncomfortable and unpredictable as you can have for a summer show, but that's part of the experience.

Now Madison's older brother, Jaime, is nineteen and going into his sophomore year at Monmouth University here in central Joisey. He's mostly into rap, but listens to a range of music that he merges into some of the things he's written, recorded and posted on some of the internet music share apps.

I never thought to invite him to a Phish show because his musical interests seemed so disparate. He's known for a while that I was taking his sister to tonight's show, but never asked to go, confirming my assumptions.

But I have an extra lawn seat for tomorrow's show at Camden, and I was just going to sell it off or miracle someone with it when I got to the venue. But on a lark, I offered it to my gson in a text yesterday afternoon and he jumped on it to my surprise.

I even gave him the worst case scenario about thunderstorms (predicted), and the lawn and the heat, and how he needs to wear light "play" clothes that he doesn't want to get destroyed, and he was good with all of it. I wasn't trying to discourage him, but he's never been on the lawn at a summer shed before, and I just wanted him to have some idea of what could happen.

So sister tonight, brother tomorrow night. When their younger sib, Carly, gets a little older, I'll offer her the same opportunity. Why the hell not?
Here's your ticket pack your bag
Time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far,
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire
fone
The Sage

Postby y0n » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:55 pm

fone wrote:Why the hell not?

For all we know their lives could be forever changed.
y0n

Postby willbreathes » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:31 pm

Enjoy Billafone!

edit- and fonefamily!
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby GratefulPhish » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:46 am

I took a couple first timers this weekend, their lives were certainly altered by the whole experience. I also met someone whose little brother saw his first show Sunday and he has a big hip hop background, and he loved the show.
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby fone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Maddie had a great time last night. For only her second show, she expressed a ton of insight into what the band was doing in the music. She was up and swaying and boppin' almost from the start.

She wants more, and that's a good thing.
Here's your ticket pack your bag
Time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far,
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire
fone
The Sage

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:51 pm

I'm taking my youngest son to Curveball for his first Phish shows & we can't wait. He's already nuts about Phish though; definitely puts a lot more energy into them these days than I do.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ErrandWolfe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:12 am

clevername wrote:
ErrandWolfe wrote:Im back in the game, going to Dicks...Im excited :thumbup:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!??!? Come to Curveball!

This popped up in my memories the other day:

I miss you guys so much! I wish i could go to cb Clevername, but im stuck in Colorado and Dicks is about it for me nowadays...

My god Eric, we had some fun ass times together, hows the FAMILY!!!!! NO ONE ON THE PLANET WOULD BE A COOLER DAD THAN YOU MY MAN!

MISS ALL OF YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

OKP4LYPHE
Here's a place of elegance...
ErrandWolfe

Postby ErrandWolfe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:15 am

:clap:
hosemasterflex wrote:I'm taking my youngest son to Curveball for his first Phish shows & we can't wait. He's already nuts about Phish though; definitely puts a lot more energy into them these days than I do.

This makes me smile!

Miss ya man, we had some phun together Kevin!

So much love for OKP right now...You will see more of me here soon, i need this back in my life...
Here's a place of elegance...
ErrandWolfe

Postby Harpua » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Scooter came up big for all the Curveball attendees. If it wasn't for his adapter, The Bunny couldn't be broadcast on FM. Three cheers for Scooter.

(Gif is actual video of me at BGCA this year.)
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Previous

Return to General Phish Discussion