What show are you listening to right now?

Live Phish discussion.

Re: What show are you listening to right now?

Postby IrieBob » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 pm

12/5/91 Greenfield Armory Castle Set 2

Tweezer > Sparkle, Tube > Foam, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Fee > The Sloth, The Squirming Coil, I Didn't Know, My Sweet One > Tweezer Reprise

ENCORE: Glide, Cavern

8-)
IrieBob

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ghost » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:41 pm

^ Nice
ghost
Human Being

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:34 pm

New OKP member? Hello!

I'm listening to a lot of Rush, maybe predictably. Right up there w/Phish for me, one of my top five bands ever.

Although right now it's Cyndi Lauper "Time After Time" on Pandora

edit: whoops thought this was that other thread about what you're listening to that isn't Phish. I have disc three of Albany 10/17/18 in the car, and I started listening to Bomb Factory 1994 last night, I think for the very first time. I got thru Llama and started fallin asleep.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Ahhh yes, Llama, the classic snoozer.

I wish Phish radio on sirius had more variety... and played more Phish. It feels like 50% of the time I start my car it is some other band playing.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:44 pm

haha, yeah I don't know how I made it thru all of 'Just Once' by Quincy Jones on the radio this mornin. I was washing dishes too; could have drowned.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby IrieBob » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Yep, new member here :wave:

I keep going back to Colorado '88. Disc 3 at the moment..
IrieBob

Postby ghost » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:50 pm

09-14-99 BSU Pavilion, Boise, ID

1: Chalk Dust Torture, The Sloth, The Curtain -> Waste, Loving Cup -> What's the Use -> Wading in the Velvet Sea -> Farmhouse, Nellie Cane, Taste -> Rocky Top (1:14)

2: Peaches en Regalia -> AC/DC Bag* -> Gumbo** -> Down with Disease -> Frankenstein*** (0:57)

E: Simple, Hello My Baby (0:11)

*Trey on keys and Fish on vacuum for parts of the song. **With instrumental "Another One Bites the Dust" (Queen) jam. ***Fish on vacuum.
ghost
Human Being

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:18 am

I just listened to like 12/3, 12/7 and 12/8/2019.

The NC shows are great so far setlist wise. Execution is okay, I'm not bowled over tbh.

I had a harder time with 12/3.. And you know I can't contain myself, I just hafta blurt out that I wish they studied up on the hard bits more than they apparently do. Maybe it just takes too much time or maybe they'd rather just half ass it, and that's just how it has to be.

Well ... I mean maybe that's not fair: "half ass". Maybe they're giving it their 90% ass or something but I think the compositions deserve the whole ass.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Last night I spun set one of 2/22/2020 ... I think? It was hitting the spot for me, I was in that Manteca jam and headed for the Twist, I think that's the 2/22 show .. but I had to shut it off before I got there. I was in one of those moments standing by the computer not shutting it off yet cuz of Phish still playing, but then finally being like okay I really can't just stand here all night.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:06 pm

I'm about halfway thru 12/28/2019 and it's pretty grand ... really strong versions of some of these tunes, particularly DWD which isn't traditionally a favorite of mine ... Ghost, Gumbo, Rift and Weigh were all outstanding. I think Trey worked on Weigh, it sounds incredibly sharp.

And then I'm managing to enjoy the newer stuff, even though it's not really suited to my taste. I guess I'm just glad they're still doing their thing.

SET 1: Evening Song[1], No Men In No Man's Land, Down with Disease, 20-20 Vision[2], Ghost, Gumbo > Rift, Weigh > Dog Faced Boy, Twenty Years Later > Tube > Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S.

SET 2: Everything's Right > Beneath a Sea of Stars Part 1 > Set Your Soul Free -> Gotta Jibboo > Free > Piper, Drowned > Ass Handed > Chalk Dust Torture Reprise[3] > Character Zero[4]

ENCORE: A Life Beyond The Dream, Rocky Top
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Previous

Return to Live Phish