12-11-99 First Union Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA

12-11-99 First Union Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA

1: Harry Hood, Mike’s Song -> Simple > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, When the Circus Comes, Scent of a Mule, Cavern (1:13)

2: Boogie On Reggae Woman > Sneakin’ Sally Through the Alley# -> Ghost -> Also Sprach Zarathustra > Down with Disease (0:59)

E: Possum* (0:13)

#Began with “AC/DC Bag” tease. *With “All Fall Down” language signal.

Listened to this one today. Nice Hood opener, brief Mike’s, a sweet, peaceful Type I Simple jam, I liked this Weekapaug a lot from what I remember, too. Got into some nice space with Ghost and 2001 (this is an understatement, especially in Ghost’s case). As well as a sweet Disease closer.

Live Phish treatment!!! Please!!

Not a single lull this entire show. Not pumping with energy, just incredibly well played and focused. Second set is a marathon - hence the all fall down tease during possum. Segue from Sally->Ghost is smooth as butter as is the jam in Ghost.

This one is in my top ten attended. It was everything I wanted in a show at the time.

The 2001 is off the hook, too.

Just listened to the Sally > Ghost > 2001 segment. That Ghost transition is silky smooth. You can hear a roar from the crowd as they pull it off. There are some solid spacey segments before 2001 opens up. Fishman really takes the lead in Ghost and sets the tone for the rest of the set. I forgot how good this show was. Time to listen to the rest of it!

The Ghost is nice and slow and deliberate how it ascends from funk to major. This timing is from one of the remasters on the spreadsheet. That little lick Trey plays at 8:54 - I could marry it. Great stuff when Fishman gets on the woodblock for a few bars. I know he does it in other jams I just cant remember which ones.

^listen to the Tweezer a few nights later in Raleigh. That jam from Ghost evolves!!!

Just put the second set on last night as I was cleaning. When it was over, I said out loud “That was one of the best second sets I’ve ever heard.” It’s a funk-infused, forward-driving dance-a-thon.

This is still everything I want in a show. Love it.