Best and most used segues?

We all know that the Dead employed classic segues time and again, like Scarlet Begonias -> Fire On The Mountain and China Cat Sunflower -> I Know You Rider. But what classic, reoccuring Phish segues do you love?
Off the bat, I think of Oh Kee Pah > Suzy Greenberg. Sure it’s not much of a segue, but such a great pairing.
Then there’s the interesting Runaway Jim -> Foam combo, best exemplified by 12/29/94.
Not much of a segue combo, I suppose, but I always loved when Mountains In The Mist came out of some heavy or spacey jam.
Mike’s Song > Simple!
A lesser known one was in the summer of 94, when the band got into a streak of Tweezer -> Lifeboy.
TMWSIY > Avenu Malkenu > TMWSIY. Just a classic.
Though somewhat rare, Wolfman’s -> Sneak Sally was always tasty funk goodness.

The Horse> Silent in the morning off the top of my head.

I have more than a couple It’s Ice > Kung > It’s Ice’s…mostly from '95. Another key one, probably the most used is HYHU > NAME YOUR FISHMAN TUNE > HYHU.

mikeS -> simple is always a very welcome one for me. not a complicated segue by any means, but i generally wish to always hear simple rather than h20

On 12/7/97 there is a very nice ‘Ice’->‘Swept Away’->‘Steep’->‘Ice’ jam. I like that a lot because it is like you crash through the ice, two very peaceful songs under the water, and then your back on the ice.

I always liked Mike’s>Simple. Also, I seemed to see a bunch of Antelope>Guyute or Guyute>Antelopes…

I enjoy their cover of “Walk Away,” and it seems like they segue into that song quite a bit (as opposed to just starting it from scratch).

major ditto there^

any song–>Walk Away is usually golden

Considering the relative “averageness” of the 7.8.00 Alpine Valley show, the seque from “Tweezer” to “Walk Away” is quite strong.

In fact, can anyone name a time where “Walk Away” has appeared by itelf with no seque in or out?

Mikes>I am Hydrogen>Weekapaugh.

THE ORIGINAL SEGUE IS STILL THE BEST. Please see Phish circa 1990-1992 FOR FINE RESULTS… :stuck_out_tongue:

Buried Alive>Poor Heart! Great opening duo.

^NICE

i like the oh kee pa --> ac.dc bag…

and kinda off the subject but remember when the ending of tweezer was performed like it was on the album…the crazy “slowing-down” jam…i would always wait for it at shows…but i only got it a few times out of many shows…made me sad…

oh kee pa --> yem always cool to hear

reba > cars trucks & buses at clifford ball. i also loved the runaway jim > foam that gregradiohead mentioned

I think the best one of a time segue ever was Houses In Motion -> Seen And Not Seen from Halloween 96. Just funky, minimalist perfection with a very ‘Bitches Brew’-ish jam in Houses in Motion with the horns and plenty of delay/wah-pedal to go around.

off the top of my head:
tmwsiy>avenu>tmwsiy
anything>catapult>anything else is always a winner.
it seems like i recall a fewreally cool 7 below(one of my post-hiatus favs)related segues

I’ve heard that the 7-22-97 “Disease–>Mike’s” is quite gorgeous. (Anyone know where I can get that show?).

Also, the 12/1/94 “Makisupa–>NICU” is worth writing a heartfelt letter your mother about.

Most unique Stash > Manteca > Stash > Dog Faced Boy > Stash or the whole 2nd set of 2/20/93.

2001 > DWD, always good to hear.